Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

The one's that look like Neyo are actually Lieutenants of the 91nd, if I remember well, correct me if I'm wrong. They wear the same armor to protect Neyo so that the enemy would not single him out as the commander and kill hem. But I could be wrong. :tongue:

This makes sense- in the U.S. at least, our military officers don't display rank in theater for the same reason.

I don't normally like prequel trilogy stuff and don't want to dilute my OT imperial forces with PT clones, but I love those green Kashyyyk guys so I guess I'll end up getting a couple of packs of those. I love the fact that the Death Star pack will have Death Star Gunners as these were a figure I always wanted back when the Kenner toys were out in the 70s and 80s but they only finally the DS Gunner in the final wave. Ideally I'd probably like just 4 Royal Guards, so I wish there was just one per pack so it'd be an excuse to get four packs. Ideally I'd like maybe one Royal Guard, one DS Gunner, one DS Trooper and maybe some sort of officer or stormie.

On a side note, I just looked up the Death Star on the Lego website to see how many Royal Guards came in that (I think it's either two or none) but it doesn't seem to be there any more. It's been around for a long time but I'd be surprised if it was suddenly discontinued. Maybe it's just a temporary glitch.

Pictures!

I'm not too keen on the recruitment line honestly, but I hope I reconsider after better bictures..

The battlepacks look great and the minifigure selection seems awazing everywhere! :sweet:

On a side note, I just looked up the Death Star on the Lego website to see how many Royal Guards came in that (I think it's either two or none) but it doesn't seem to be there any more. It's been around for a long time but I'd be surprised if it was suddenly discontinued. Maybe it's just a temporary glitch.

You are right I dont see the death star listed on lego , however its not on the retiring soon page which it would of been if it was soon to be discontinued. It must just be a glitch.

p.s It is a glitch because even the palace cinema`s page is not there lego must be doing a bit of summer cleaning so don`t fear the death star isn`t gone.

Edited by kermit

I've been doing some thinking this morning, these "microfighters" might be Disney's idea since there is no more CW.....could it also be possible that any proposed CW sets being canned as a result of the series being canned ?

It's not uncommon for Lego to plan a set's release and then withdraw it.....never seeing the light of day.

Their idea is to keep SW toy sales up high readying kids for the release of both 'Rebels' on TV and of course episode 7 in 2015. By having lots of smaller sets kids will collect them because they are cheap....parents and grandparents won't mind a bit. It could also be disney's idea to change some of the weapons in different packs to see how they go.

Personally I like the new blue missiles, but worry about the blasters.......I prefer the one's that we have been use to for the last five years. :wink:

Edit - Isn't odd that even right now you can see those images on that French website ?

Normally be now Lego's legal eagles would have asked them nicely to remove them......I like wrote above.....could it be that Disney is allowing us to see these so we generate internet chatter about SW.......free PR ? :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Hmmm... I was initially thrilled to see that we're getting two "Death Star Gunners" because I assumed that it would be the kick megablocks new helmet molds we saw in 9492. However... the prelim images show Kingdom hats. Why would they unless they were redoing a helmet? I mean, why not just use the troopers from 9492?

Does this mean we're getting the full helmet, the one that goes over the whole face? So confused... I would prefer the figs from 9492 because I resent paying $10+ per on the secondary market. Really, I want 'em both. Lots of 'em.

I just checked the box art from 9492 and it does say printed on the box, "Death Star TROOPER." Not gunner. :sceptic: So it must be the fully enclosed helmet. A google image search of 'death star gunner' confirms it.

Anyway... my wallet is so relived that an underwhelming wave is upon us after this super awesome summer wave which is going to crush my disposable income.

EDIT* Scratch that, the Wheel Bike is a must buy. The force pike looks awesome!

Edited by darththeling

Whoa! I like the MicroFighters and the Death Star Troopers battlepack, but... good grief, are they changing the printing on the Rebel pilots again?! Blast it, I was happy with the previous redesign from the Hoth Rebel Trooper battlepack, and it hasn't been that long since it came out. Now, though, just as I'm finally about to get more of them than I have of the old ones, they go and change them and I have to pick and choose whether to try to get as many of the about-to-be-obsoleted ones as I can, or abandon them for the new ones. And I see that's not the only "NEW!" version of a uniform...

This constant "updating" of uniformed characters is pretty frustrating to those of us trying to army-build with limited funds, patiently amassing as many sets as one can, whenever one is able, over a period of years, only to suddenly have to deal with a change in the look of the stormtroopers / pilots / whatever partway along - forced to choose whether to forever stick with however many of the "old" ones one was able to get and just ignoring the new ones in sets released from this point on, or to retire the old ones, painstakingly acquired over years, in favor of the new ones one hopes one will be able to get "enough" of, and in either case not being able to quite make the most of one's investment. Argh.

LEGO Star Wars, I wish I knew how to quit you... :cry_sad::blush:

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Is anyone else as upset with this wave as I am...

Regular Set:

-Death Star Trooper Battle Pack: Lego finally made an Imperial Gunner which is great, but the thing I don't like are the Royal Guards. They replaced them with actual DEATH STAR TROOPERS, because only one new has been released in a set and I think there really nice minifigs.

-Kashyyyk Battle Pack: I really don't like this one at all. Nice of lego to give us Some Kashyyyk Clone Troopers, but I would have much rather had (1) Kashyyyk Clone Trooper, (1) 41st Clone Trooper and (2) Wookiee Warriors since the really need to be released again.

-Battle of Saleucami: Not a battle pack at all rather than a set to included Neyo in. To bad all it is is some droids with Neyo and a BARC Speeder. I was expecting to get an actual Battle Pack which included (2) 91st Clone Troopers and (2) Regular Clone Troopers with a BARC Speeder, but instead we got this.

-Vulture Droid: Extermly oversized, like the AT-RT this year, but has a Nemodian Commander and Buzz Droid which is cool, but not anything special with this one.

-V-Wing Starfighter: This one's pretty good, if you don't already have a V-Wing which many at this point due.

-Jedi Interceptor: Nice design for the interceptor, and we'll get a new Anakin and R2-D2 even, so it's a nice set, but again like some many others, I alreay own this set so it's a pass.

-General Grevious' Wheel Bike: Well, it's a nice design for this set and it includes a new Grevious which has been wanted for some time, but lego really missed the chance to put Cody in this set, I'll mostly likely pass on this set due to Cody not being included now.

-Droid Gunship: I like the new design for the Gunship, and the new Chewbacca is really nice looking, but another Kashyyyk Clone Trooper, really lego? I'm really suprised there was no Luminara Unduli in this set instead which I tihnk would have made this set more interesting since you can just pick up a Kashyyyk Clone in the Battle Pack.

-AT-PT Walker: Oversized, but nice and comes with Tarful and Gree atleast.

New System Sets:

ALL CRAP IN MY OPINION. I mean, come on lego at least give us a nice designed vehical with a little bit more of an Exclusive minifig.

Again really dissappointed in the set we've seen so far. I'm hopeful the Utapau Battle Pack turns out good(If there even is one) and that the 3 exclsuive sets(Republic Cannon, Tri Fighter and Coruscant Gunship) turn out better than all the other sets this wave. Hopefully the summer wave will offer sets better than this.

I was really disapointed by the lack of Luminara. This wave would've been the perfect opportunity to finally get a proper classic style version instead of a Clone Wars or LULS one.

I'm gonna be saving a lot of money next year on Star Wars by the look of things - unless the final images look a lot sweeter.

As an OT fan, I was certainly not expecting 2 Royal Guards in the DS battlepack - Death Star Gunners (if included) will be great but seriously I would have preferred an Imperial Officer, Death Star Troopers or even more stormies over Royal guards (although I guess two more will bring my total up to 6 whih I think is the number the Emperor brings with him to the DSII). The new spring-firing blasters look awful.

Apart from maybe a Battlepack or two the rest of the line does nothing for me. The tiny ships with minfigs stuck in them look like Xmas stocking fare to me and converting the City "Great Vehicles" line into Star Wars looks like a bad move. The 9494 Jedi interceptor looks fantastic with a great figure selection and some interesting side-builds but the new Interceptor is just Anakin and R2 in the ship. Dull as dishwater.

I;ve been collecting this line since the first sets in 1999, and although not every wave is great, there is always at least one standout set...that cannot be said for this one and I am very disappointed with these sets to say the least...the sets are uninspired and just an excuse to get us to buy more clones

Is anyone else as upset with this wave as I am...

Regular Set:

-Death Star Trooper Battle Pack: Lego finally made an Imperial Gunner which is great, but the thing I don't like are the Royal Guards. They replaced them with actual DEATH STAR TROOPERS, because only one new has been released in a set and I think there really nice minifigs.

-Kashyyyk Battle Pack: I really don't like this one at all. Nice of lego to give us Some Kashyyyk Clone Troopers, but I would have much rather had (1) Kashyyyk Clone Trooper, (1) 41st Clone Trooper and (2) Wookiee Warriors since the really need to be released again.

-Battle of Saleucami: Not a battle pack at all rather than a set to included Neyo in. To bad all it is is some droids with Neyo and a BARC Speeder. I was expecting to get an actual Battle Pack which included (2) 91st Clone Troopers and (2) Regular Clone Troopers with a BARC Speeder, but instead we got this.

-Vulture Droid: Extermly oversized, like the AT-RT this year, but has a Nemodian Commander and Buzz Droid which is cool, but not anything special with this one.

-V-Wing Starfighter: This one's pretty good, if you don't already have a V-Wing which many at this point due.

-Jedi Interceptor: Nice design for the interceptor, and we'll get a new Anakin and R2-D2 even, so it's a nice set, but again like some many others, I alreay own this set so it's a pass.

-General Grevious' Wheel Bike: Well, it's a nice design for this set and it includes a new Grevious which has been wanted for some time, but lego really missed the chance to put Cody in this set, I'll mostly likely pass on this set due to Cody not being included now.

-Droid Gunship: I like the new design for the Gunship, and the new Chewbacca is really nice looking, but another Kashyyyk Clone Trooper, really lego? I'm really suprised there was no Luminara Unduli in this set instead which I tihnk would have made this set more interesting since you can just pick up a Kashyyyk Clone in the Battle Pack.

-AT-PT Walker: Oversized, but nice and comes with Tarful and Gree atleast.

New System Sets:

ALL CRAP IN MY OPINION. I mean, come on lego at least give us a nice designed vehical with a little bit more of an Exclusive minifig.

Again really dissappointed in the set we've seen so far. I'm hopeful the Utapau Battle Pack turns out good(If there even is one) and that the 3 exclsuive sets(Republic Cannon, Tri Fighter and Coruscant Gunship) turn out better than all the other sets this wave. Hopefully the summer wave will offer sets better than this.

I don't think anyone is as disappointed as I am. I saw the 2011 line, and thought it was great, a new Darth Maul, a lot of well deserved episode 1 and CW sets, and great figs. Then in 2012 the OT sets were above and beyond (have you seen Jabba's palace?) and then 2013 topped it all off. The episode 2 sets were well designed and had a great roster of figs, and the Rancor pit felt too good to be true as well. I thought it couldn't get any better, and I was right. First off the box design is horrible, I would love if they bailed, and kept this years design (but that's not going to happen), and the sets themselves are all repeats, I love that new Chewbacca and Tarfull but the sets they come in are scary looking bad. Those mini sets with the one fig in them (X-wing, tie etc.) suck on such a scale. And all of these bad sets one would think we'd get a new cloud city. Seriously where is cloud city? And an updated Boga and Luminara would be nice. I also saw the set list for DC and think that those sets sound terrible as well, and more police from city. I think Lego misunderstood our calls for more clones and ended up making this disaster, so 2014 looks like a bad year for Lego all around, not just star wars. The awful mixel's line, more police from city, the repeat SH line, and now this. Lego is a great company with so much potential, so what's going on?

So we are getting Sw Chibi's...

I'll wait till we get Hi Res images first but its not the strongest line up although I like the troopers...

As someone who mainly collects figures and has a very small amount of actual lego pieces am I really glad of the microfighters. It's a new way for figures to be updated and they will be nice and cheap and buying multiples just means more parts ,nobody wants 4 or 5 Death Stars from the planet sets I'm glad they've been dropped.

I haven't been up to date on Lego Star Wars too much but here are my thoughts on the sets:

Vulture Droid: Looks a bit too big, but I've needed some cis vulture droids since I missed out on Ahsoka's starfighter and nice to get a new character with it!

Anakin's Starfighter: I like how it is consistent with the one from this year and I like the new Anakin.

V-wing: Nice new version of one of my favorite ships! Hated the imperial version so I hope this one is better.

Grievous' wheelbike: It's pretty good but I hate the current mold of Grievous and I wish they could have improved it to be more poseable and so that the extra arms don't attach to the normal arms! :hmpf_bad: Unless that's different I have no interest in this set.

Deathstar battlepack: That has to be the best battlepack build I've seen! *oh2* Although I'm glad we get Death Star gunners but I think it should have only had one gunner, one royal guard, a Death Star trooper and either an officer or a stormtrooper.

Kashyyyk battlepack: These figures look amazing. :wub_drool: But, I'd much rather have had a 501st battlepack instead.

At-pt: I still have the old one so I'm not sure I'd want to spend $70 on this one even since I saw it in person at SDCC, but I may have to get that Commander Gree.

Droid Gunship: Again, I have the old one so I'd have to think about this one, but hopefully that new Chewbacca will be in another set.

Battle of Saleucami: Yes, this set pleases me. I will get multiple of this! :wub:

As for the recruitment sets, does anyone know the price of these? Because if it is about $5 then I will have to get a few of that CTT with the generic clone if he isn't in any other sets. I can't wait to see the exclusive sets and the superheroes sets (but that's completely unrelated :grin:).

So they overloaded us with $100+ sets this release, and gave us all low cost stuff next time??? Seems kinda counterintuitive?

If nothing else I love those battle packs. Just everything we could want. lotR design team, please take note. The Chibi fighters are better than the planets. But that is not exactly high praise. The rest are a mixed bag of meh. The big sets are an ATAP vs a Droid Gunship. Total screen time for both... Combined... 1.47 seconds. The Milenium Falcon these most certainly are not.

As a clone army collector, all of this gets me really excited! I can use more phase II clones to balance out the phase 1s!

Here are some of my initial thoughts for the day:

V wing: I'm really glad they did another v wing, and this one is a improvement over the last few. I still don't think they have the shaping quite right. It should come to a point instead of a 4stud wide flat bit. But who am I to complain, that's what modding is for.

Vulture droid: this ones probably a pass for me. Everything is way to big, especially the wings, and they added unnecessary sloping in the front. The figs should be cool, though.

Anakin's starfighter: this model is pretty flawless. Should go great alongside the green one I have from the mustafar set. And a non CW anakin is always nice.

General Grievous' wheel-bike: huge improvement from the last! I really want a less CW Grievous, but it is missing a boga... Just want to swap that wheel part in the middle out for a see-through clear dish like they used in the last hail fire droid back in 2008 to get rid of the spokes.

Kashyyyk troopers: love this set! The mini figs are going to be the majority of my army building for next year!

Battle of saleucami: I like this set a lot also! The BARK speeder is rather ugly. It looks like they tried to hard to incorporate the new missile system into the front. The trooper looks incredible! I have the previous version of those clones, and it's a huge improvement!

death star troopers: this one is fantastic! The royal guards surprised me, but it's true we haven't seen them in a while. This should be fun for OT collectors.

At-Ap: the third leg looks kinda awkward, but I'm sure that's just the angle judging by the previous pics we got of this set. Have to go for Gree! Plus I just really like walkers

Droid gunship: looks very similar to the last, but an improvement none the less. I'll wait this one out, because I'm sure we will see chewbacca many more times in the future.

I'll probably buy just the battle packs and buy the rest of the figs i like from bricklink. I never was a vehicle collector so this wave doesn't interest me. I've been out of lego for so long that i have zero licenced figs so i have a loooot of catch up to do. The DS battle pack though looks bloody amazing and is easily the best of the bunch.

Like the sets, am a bit disappointed in the Saleucami set (too little minifigs, too many droids)

i don't get the Death Star set though. One royal guards I could understand, but two? It's not exactly that there are hundreds of them in the Universe...

Like the sets, am a bit disappointed in the Saleucami set (too little minifigs, too many droids)

i don't get the Death Star set though. One royal guards I could understand, but two? It's not exactly that there are hundreds of them in the Universe...

The minifig selection in those two sets I find a bit curious.

4 battle droids? 1 clone? Sure the numbers are accurate but it's not very appealing as a set. The other one is bizarre too.

Ttle packs for KashyyyK looks pretty good assortment of scout and clone troopers, I can imagine that set selling quite well, would be interested to see what exclusives we get?