Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I think Palpatine would work with both sets because we see both Vulture and Tri-Droids in the first scenes (Battle of Coruscant) of Ep-3

which leads up to the rescue of Palpatine by

Anakin and Obi-Wan. Not the best choice of

course I personally think he would fit better with

Anakin's Starfighter at least the Starfighter

makes it on to Grievous's command ship where

Palpatine is held.

I can see the connection, odd choice though.

Does anyone know if the wheelbike will feature kenobi and his boga?

I don't think its too odd. There aren't many characters to pick from the Battle of Coruscant and battle droids alone won't help sell a set.

I think the commanders wouldn´t come with the battlepacks.Some of them needs a new mold an that is expensive.

They've made new molds for battlepacks before - namely the ARF Trooper, ARC Trooper and Republic Trooper.

sw297.jpg

sw377.jpg

sw440.jpg

I know,but some of them have been used other times,but even the mold doesn´t matter,the commanders are very special figure (I refeer these commanders Cody,Neyo,Bly.. not the commanders without name from the battlepacks) and TLG will include them in other sets,I wonder.It´s only a thought,for me it´s better taht they are include in the regular battlepacks.:)

How many remakes do the want to make? Oh well, just means more likely there will be more money in my pocket.

They've made new molds for battlepacks before - namely the ARF Trooper, ARC Trooper and Republic Trooper.

sw297.jpg

sw377.jpg

sw440.jpg

Of all the new molds to debut in the battlepacks, you left out my favorite!

sw187.jpg

Okay, so now even Star Wars has 'Great Vehicles' ! :laugh:

Those mini sets are cute and is the kind of thing kids will love.....simple plus they get a pilot/driver to go in them.....my guess the MF will be the best seller and I wonder why that is ? :laugh:

It says site error, can you please repost the link?

Fixed the link. Should work now. My guess is the website was updating when you tried clicking into it which may have been why you got the error.

Thanks for the link. I'm very underwhelmed, though they are obviously preliminary. I was also hoping the mini fighters would be a true "midi" scale, and not a figure plopped on top of a mini ship. It's too "Fisher Price"ish.

Edited by LegoDad

The new sets look good, but I will probably pass due to lack of OT sets. Whoever from this wave there are a few positive notes, the battle packs are going back to having just on faction in them. Also the little chibi sets look quite cute.

WTF ?! *oh2*

New blasters in only the BP's.......they appear oversized but they seem to of all things shoot trans-light blue 1x1 round plates ? *oh2*

The Kashyyyk troopers are in jungle green......so cool ! :grin:

New blasters in only the BP's.......they appear oversized but they seem to of all things shoot trans-light blue 1x1 round plates ? *oh2*

Thanks for pointing this out, I didn't notice before. I do hope the keep the old blasters as well, I think the old ones worked really well for rebel troopers.

The other sets have the standard weapons......though we have new blue missiles.....interesting, I wonder why the change.....might be the Disney Effect ? :laugh:

I am so getting that Imperial Battle Pack! I finally have my chance to get some Imperial Guards :drool: . The Kashyyyk Battle Pack has some epic Clone minifigures as well. The Microfighters are pathetic IMO, and are a real waste of space. There's a second set containing a Wookiee which I'm not seeing, unless it is the Droid Gunship. The V-Wing and AT-AP look uninteresting, and I am disappointed that Grievous' Wheel Bike doesn't come with the Boga, though the Wheel Bike itself looks pretty good. Anakin's Jed Interceptor does not look like a worthwhile purchase either. The Battle of Saleucami could be a good army builder, but I do not see the Battle of Utapau set that was mentioned in the rumours. I also do not see the Droid Tri-Fighter that was mentioned. Either way, it does not look like I will be buying many of these sets, except from multiple Imperial Battle Packs and 1 Kashyyyk Battle Pack, and possibly the Wheel Bike as well if it looks more impressive in finalized pictures. Thanks for the pictures commanderneyo.

I think this new recruitment line will be a big hit, although there will be plenty of detractors who fail to realise Lego is also for kids.

Love that Vulture Droid, however. Very slick.

Finally we get an updated Chewbacca (in the Gunship set) :wub: Though I wonder why they didn't use the new version in this year's Ewok Village set :hmpf_bad:

I'm really excited for Saleucami (BARC Trooper), Imperial Battle Pack (Royal Guards!) and Kashyyyk Battle Pack (41st Elite!!). I'm not too big a fan of the chibi sets, but I will pick up at least the Swamp Speeder for the Clone.

Edited by Gremer

Looks like the Droid Gunship will be coming with an updated Chewbacca - from the prelim drawings he seems to have some great new printing! The blasters that shoot studs seem like a lot of fun. It looks like there is an alternative to the dreaded flick-fire missiles in some of the sets - have they finally listened to all of our complaining about them? :laugh:

Also, in the prelim drawings of the minifigs that come with the mini fighters it looks like the X-Wing Pilot's helmet has a visor element? Does anyone think this points to a new rebel helmet with an actual visor element?

I think the X-wing pilots visor is printed on the head itself.

Now in the Imperial Death Star BP.....the helmet on each gunner doesn't look right.....they look like helmets from Kingdom's ? :innocent:

Just to point out, at least four of the sets didn't have preliminary images shown: Utapau Troopers battle pack, Droid TRI-Fighter, AV-7 Anti-Vehicle Cannon and Coruscant Police Gunship (this one is rumoured to be an exclusive though so it makes sense why there is no prelim of it), but hopefully for the former three there are more prelims on the way.

Definitely getting Anakin's JSF and Grievous' bike! Their small sizes make them very affordable, too. The new chibi fighters are quite cute as well, might consider getting them!