Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Ah, so Darth vader is the new boxart, for episode lll sets I suppose, correct me if I'm wrong but it looks very similar to the 2005 boxart.

Well indeed they do look similar, that really is all that can be said about it. I was hoping they would do the boxart like they did from 1999--2001 where it had multiple characters from the movie it was based off of.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7131-1 here's a link to one of those sets incase you don't know what I'm talking about.

I don't understand these new recruitment sets, so the line includes tie interceptor, which we already got with series 1 planet sets, and an x-wing, which is still produced both as planet set and a minifig scale set? I like the battlepack ideas, but it has too much clones in it! and all other sets from pt? and anakin's jedi interceptor, really? I don't understand why TLG can't be more imaginative and give us something new, something that hasn't been done before.

The List

Battlepacks sound more like a wishlist of what the collectors want than thematically fitting. But what do I care? 212th Attack Battalion, Navy Troopers and Wookies! Sounds weird that they include Wookies in there now when they never attempted Geonosians or Ewoks in BPs, I always thought they weren´t used because the molds would push the cost too far seeing how inflated the prices of the regular sets with them in already were. Also weird with Saleucami, those troopers were never seen again and their only on screen appearance showed only two clones. If they are already ignoring the faction thing they should have done 501st Legion but maybe that conflicts with the TCW sets.

Recruitment doesn´t sound interesting. At least a bit more interesting since it no has a greater possibility of regular soldiers than pilots but I would prefer more small sets that aren´t BPs would do just fine. Vulture Droid, V-Wing, Anakins JSF and Tri Droid could be perfect for a 15€ set.

Coruscant Police Gunship is also a genius design. Really going to be interesting what figs they are putting in there, Ahsoka is a sure thing of course. Glad that I don´t have to buy the MHC then.

Thanks for the list! I can't wait to see the new planet sets, it's a shame about the CW line they actually released some pretty good sets, the latest one is very good. BTW sorry is this has been answered before but is there a rumour website? One last thing, I posted this earlier but I'll do it again anyway it's the link for a brickmaster book, I don't know when it's coming I just found a picture of it: http://toysnbricks.c...ks-878x1024.jpg

Your book is months old and includes nothing of interest.

Death Star Trooper and Gunner.jpg

Make it two Death Star troopers, a gunner and an officer and it´s a 10/10, will buy at least 5.

I saw here: http://starwars.wiki...ge_of_Saleucami

That at the siege of Saleucami there were galactic marines present. I would be a very happy camper if those showed up in the LEGO sets :-)

In a comic sadly, LEGO never does comic-based sets. And if they would do Galactic Marines they were part of the battle of Mygeeto which would have been a better set name.

Coruscant Police Gunship is also a genius design. Really going to be interesting what figs they are putting in there, Ahsoka is a sure thing of course. Glad that I don´t have to buy the MHC then.

Other than the Utapu BP, this is the set I'm most excited about. The figs could be very interesting. I remember there being Scout trooper-looking police trackers (with dog things) as well as shock troopers and phase II Fox! :sweet:

I don't really like the look of that box art, it looks really dated, as though the original SW action figures were released in that exact box.

I don't really like the look of that box art, it looks really dated, as though the original SW action figures were released in that exact box.

I wish that the packaging looked like what the original action figures were released in. :grin: We got a couple special editions of sets in art similar to that, and it looked great with the silver metallic border.

I wish that the packaging looked like what the original action figures were released in. :grin: We got a couple special editions of sets in art similar to that, and it looked great with the silver metallic border.

:laugh: Some things are timeless and loved forever, some things are dated but we love them at the time & also in retrospect. Other things are too reminiscent of things that are dated. At the moment I put the new art in the latter, but we'll see.

:laugh: Some things are timeless and loved forever, some things are dated but we love them at the time & also in retrospect. Other things are too reminiscent of things that are dated. At the moment I put the new art in the latter, but we'll see.

Yeah, I agree with you. It looks rather childish and cartoonish and reminds me of packaging from non-LEGO stuff from, I think, around '03-'05. I think it was on Sith plastic model kits that I remember seeing art like this.

I just couldn't resist pointing out that the packaging of the original action figures was actually pretty awesome. :grin:

Is the AV-7 CW? And could you get pics Darth Tater?

Im surprised the AT-AP doesn't include Yoda, as he'd fit well in the set, plus I thought TLG would be wanting to milk the new mold.

Im also wondering if they will do a new helmet mold for Cody, with the visor permanently attached, and if so, they will probably want to re use it quickly, so I could see Thire appearing in either the AV-7 or the Saleucami set.

Thanks for the list! If those Battle Packs are true it will be awesome. I wonder what this new "recruitment line" will be. Perhaps something like the midi-scale sets? Or planet sets minus the planets? They must be some kind of minis because I just can't see them doing minifig-scale versions of those vehicles in the same wave, especially after we've had remakes of about half of them recently. The rest of the sets sound pretty boring, although I'm sure they'll come with amazing minifigs. And seriously, we're getting a set of this?

:sick: No thanks!

In theory such a set could include rogue Jedi Asokha, bounty hunter Ventriss, dark side Barris Offee with Ventrises curved red light sabers, and 1 or 2 Coruscant Police duty clones. That could be a really rocking little set.

I like the idea of these recruitment sets, if they're like the midi scale versions. With the exception of the UCS Falcon, system scale models just don't look quite right.. So if you're looking for a cool build and a nice display piece, the midi scale is perfect (admitting that the midi Falcon was a bit off). I'm very curious, and hopeful. I have enough MF's. Give me a great looking model.

I wonder if the AV-7 will have CW or movie based figures.. I guess it will be CW based. :sceptic:

It will be Clone Wars. The cannon has only appeared on the show, not the prequels. :wink:

It will be Clone Wars. The cannon has only appeared on the show, not the prequels. :wink:

Yeah I know, but I hoped we would have seen the end of those horrible CW minifig faces... :tongue:

Edited by Cyberbricker

Nevertheless I'm not content about the big lack of regular OT sets in that wave.

Having OT sets as 'Exclusives' makes sense, as kids are more into CW and PT than the older fans, who probably prefer to buy online. In Europe, we had the Y-Wing as Exclusive in 2012 and the Hoth Battle this year. it kind of makes sense to me not to have those sets on a toy store shelf, and I believe they'll follow this pattern and have an OT set for the grown-ups as Exclusive next year as well. Strong the rumor is with a 50€ set.

Also it's kind of fair after the Ewok Village, giving us a minute to breath. And in the summer there might be some Tatooine sets waiting for us, while Cloud City will only come once the Ewok Village retires, I believe.

Having OT sets as 'Exclusives' makes sense, as kids are more into CW and PT than the older fans, who probably prefer to buy online. In Europe, we had the Y-Wing as Exclusive in 2012 and the Hoth Battle this year. it kind of makes sense to me not to have those sets on a toy store shelf, and I believe they'll follow this pattern and have an OT set for the grown-ups as Exclusive next year as well. Strong the rumor is with a 50€ set.

Also it's kind of fair after the Ewok Village, giving us a minute to breath. And in the summer there might be some Tatooine sets waiting for us, while Cloud City will only come once the Ewok Village retires, I believe.

That's exactly what I think, we won't see a cloud city until the Ewok village has retired. It makes since really, I do however think that we will see a Mos Eisley Cantina in the 2014 summer wave, it is a Tatooine set as well :). But that is just my personal opinion on it.

The battlepacks of this winter wave are more interesting than the sets which is goof news for me money wise. I wonder if we will get two storm troopers and wookie figures in the respective battle packs.

That's exactly what I think, we won't see a cloud city until the Ewok village has retired. It makes since really, I do however think that we will see a Mos Eisley Cantina in the 2014 summer wave, it is a Tatooine set as well :). But that is just my personal opinion on it.

Tatooine just makes sense, now with various shades of tan and with good dome pieces, the Cantina, Lars Homestead and Ben's hut can be made well. Hopefully Cloud City will follow in the footsteps of Orthanc/Ewok Village.

I like this return to the single-side battle packs. Hopefully now we can get more variation in rebels, such as pilots or generals.

I'm excited to see the Utapau warriors!

I wish some AOTC sets.I think that with the 2013 sets TLG has not done much work,we need a geonosis arena,an obi-wan´s jedi star fighter,a geonosis fabric,a speeder chase,a tusken raider fight... :cry_sad:

I wish some AOTC sets.I think that with the 2013 sets TLG has not done much work,we need a geonosis arena,an obi-wan´s jedi star fighter,a geonosis fabric,a speeder chase,a tusken raider fight... :cry_sad:

You forgot Jango fetts Slave 1!

The droid gunship could also be CW, as I remember it featured heavily in the Onderaan arc at the start of season 5

Im also wondering if we may get a tan or grey coloured wookiee in the battle pack, and possibly some Utau warriors in the Utapau bp

I like the new battle packs, as I have a severe lack of Episode 3 clones and Wookiees.

73038 Jedi Interceptor (Anakin's Yellow)

75039 V-Wing Starfighter

75040 General Grievous' Wheel Bike

75041 Vulture Droid

75042 Droid Gunship

75043 AT-AP

75044 Droid Tri-Fighter

These are all definite pickups for me, as I was in a dark age in 2005-2007.

Edited by Gremer

In theory such a set could include rogue Jedi Asokha, bounty hunter Ventriss, dark side Barris Offee with Ventrises curved red light sabers, and 1 or 2 Coruscant Police duty clones. That could be a really rocking little set.

You forgot new Ventress herself. Do you think we could get these three figs? Maybe even Anakin. That would make the set very appealing, dont you think?