Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Very interesting, Klaus; thanks for sharing. :classic: (This is the same source as a couple years ago when you got a look at the retailer's catalog? I consider this list very reliable.)

Not very happy about the lack of OT sets, but it makes sense.

I am not a happy camper to say the least, we only got one OT set in the fall line and now this crap. To top it all off, none of the sets seem really that interesting. Lego better get their act together before the summer line is released. BLUF, at least I will save some money this year. Funds will be going to MOCing and the next Star Wars Celebration in 2015 woot!

Since the new movie comes May 2015, I'm sure we'd get an OT heavy wave in Summer 2014 and a SW Rebels wave January or something.

General Grievous Bike

Vulture Droid (or Planet set)

V-Wing (or planet set)

AT-AP

Droid Gunship

Republic AV- ?

Battle of Seludca ?

FINALLY A NEW GRIEVOUS WHEEL BIKE. I will be pissed if it turns out to be a Planets set. Either way it will mean a redesign of Grievous. Really hope he is going to be white/lightgrey but it doesn´t seem likely looking at the film scenes. It will be interesting how they are going to change the printing of the parts and what else is in the set, looks like I will be getting the third new style life action Obi-Wan/Chuck Norris.

I expected the Droid Gunship already, but together with the AT-AP, V-Wing and Vulture those don´t feel like they are necessary, would have liked some more Utapau/Coruscant but sadly those have either no, concept drawing-only or big vehicles to choose from. Maybe there will be something with the minifigs but then they would have to take them from very far away like the 2011 Republic Frigate.

Republic AV sound like the AV-7 aka the huge artillery from the TCW pilot movie. Already lost faith in it being released after the tiny Battlepack version in 2012. Really hope it includes some important figures being the last TCW set and all (but maybe there will be some more in the summer but I think it´s going to be Rebels focused). Additional releases of Ahsoka and Obi-Wan in their Season 4/5 outfits would be nice. Having them be only in two exclusive sets feels a little wrong when their first, less good costumes were sprinkled all over the years.

Battle of Felucia I presume. It could also be Saleucami but that gives LEGO nothing to work with that isn´t already in production (ROTS had Adi Gallia and two clones driving in speederbikes/BARCs over a bunch of debris and TCW had BARC speeder chases (75012 BARC speeder with sidecar), AT-TEs (75019) and a CIS shuttle (same as the 2009 set but it seems too obscure a set to warrant a second release after such a short time) and beside the two TCW episodes being with Phase 1 clones that LEGO maybe wants to discontinue, after season 4 and 5 only use Phase 2 ones, there isn´t even a single new character or variation in those episodes that have anything to do with the "battle".

Felucia could either mean the march scene in ROTS that included AT-OTs (way too big/a 2009 release), ISP Swamp Speeders (the one from the Wookie Katamaran from 2005), those slugs clones rode on and AATs (albeit very far in the background but still, this has more basis than the AOTC Snail Droid Tank whose scene was cut a decade ago) plus 327th Star Corp troopers and a Life Action Aayla.

TCW had a short fight scene in the Season 3 finale there with Plo Koon/Ahsoka/Anakin and Wolfpack Troopers. The only thing one could call a vehicle would be the separatist command center walker (their counterpart to the republic thingie from this years clone BP) with a Tactical droid who could use a rerelease but if they make it a 26,99€ set like the Geonosian Artillery from 2012 it will be crap for armybuilding with only 4 figs, maybe 5 or 6, depending on how many battle droids LEGO now thinks equal a real minifig.

The least likely but still viable option would be a set based on the Akira Kurosawa episode with the villager aliens, pirates, bounty hunters and again Ahsoka/Anakin/Obi-Wan. If done right it would need a bunch of new molds and cost around 100$ but something smaller could be made, like bounty hunters and Jedi against the pirates but that would mean a lot of characters have to be cut.

Weird how there is nothing about Battlepacks. Or are the Kashyyyk Trooper / DS Trooper their own sets? Sounds more like they are figs that go with Planets sets but if that is the case where does the Kashyyyk Trooper go? He doesn´t fit with any of the other vehicles in that list and Planets Sets use pilots more often than soldiers.

That last one 'Klaus' posted "Battle of Seludca".....could that be a tie into the new Rebels TV series ?

I don´t think they would have had enough time to design a set in the few months the show is in production now. The super special preview TCW Anakin JSF from January 2008 was only possible because TCW was already in production in 2005 and LEGO knew of the plans of the post-ROTS era of Star Wars merchandise in advance (which is why they also renewed the license). Rebels will maybe get a whole wave for itself in the summer of 2014 which is preview enough for a fall premiere, but the first Rebels sets being January 2015 releases wouldn´t surprise me. Ultimate Spider-Mans first episode aired in April and the Marvel LEGO sets all released in April except the lone Spider-Man set that was an August release. Seems obvious that they have not enough lead time for set designers/production then.

If there are no OT sets, at least I'll have a wave to save money, or play catch up!

Does this list mean that ISD will come with a DS trooper, Kashyyyk trooper will come with a vehicle and the X-Wing will come with a minifig? Or are there going to be four planet sets?

Imperial Star Destroyer

X-Wing

Kashyyk Trooper

DS Trooper

X-Wing is the most puzzling since we just got a planet with that and 2012 had a system scale one and then there was the UCS that just came out. Very odd to release another one in that small amount of time.

X-Wing is the most puzzling since we just got a planet with that and 2012 had a system scale one and then there was the UCS that just came out. Very odd to release another one in that small amount of time.

The Minifig scale X-Wing was a January 2012 release so he should be discontinued in the following months together with the rest of that wave. LEGO had the 2006 X-Wing available constantly until the release of the 2012 one and before that they had the Dagobah X-Wing from 2004 and 2005 and the very first X-Wing had multiple releases.

I wouldn´t be surprised if they want to have the X-Wing on shelves constantly and now release the exact same set as 2012 just with different figs. Maybe with the Dagobah hut like everybody wants, or maybe just with Wedge and his Astromech instead of Porkins.

I am unsure but maybe this will even be the preview set for Rebels. The X-Wing will certainly be a prominent vehicle in the show and it wouldn´t be hard for them to use an existing set design, maybe change some colors like from 2004 to 2006 and just swap the figs. If the figs don´t use any special pieces they could put this out very fast.

I hope they pushed back the OT sets, because of Rebels coming out. Still, some sets look interesting... like the "Battle of Saleucami". I'm excited to see what i will be.

Though, if it really is the Battle of Saleucami, I wonder what they will use... Can't be from the AT-TE scene, I don't think we will be getting more commando droids either and the speeder scene with Rex, Jesse, Hardcase and Kix isn't likely to make it into a set... And since we are getting Grievous in the GG bike, I don't think it will be a Kenobi VS Grievous battle either... :sceptic:

Maybe its the scene with Stass Alliee, I think that was on Saleucami not?

If so I hope we get Neyo. :drool: :drool:

These sets seem interesting, but not terribly exciting. With the statement earlier in the thread from a Lego employee saying 'if you liked the Ewok Village you'll love what's coming in 2014' I was hoping for some cool new OT sets. I have a feeling that we'll definitely see decent OT sets in the later half of 2014.

ISD as a planet set? I wonder what planet they'll have it with. Maybe something in the EU like Kuat?

Maybe it'll be another big ISD like in 2006.

Maybe it'll be another big ISD like in 2006.

That would be fantastic if they did.

I'm really excited about this new wheel bike, I hope it comes with a boga, It will be interesting to see if TLG redesign greivous or use his current minifigure.

The star destroyer might come with the second death star but that's highly unlikely.

Interesting rumor list! I was hoping for some more playset-style sets, but that unfortunately doesn't look to be the case. Here's hoping to more OT sets next summer!

Planet sets?

Imperial Star Destroyer

X-Wing

Kashyyk Trooper

DS Trooper

System scale sets

General Grievous Bike

V-Wing (or planet set)

AT-AP

Droid Gunship

Republic AV- ?

Battle of Seludca ?

- A X-Wing as a planet set? We already have the X-Wing. Maybe a Y-Wing? That would make more sense to me (the X and the Y do look a little similar).

- A DS Trooper. Does that mean we'll get a Death Star II?

- If we get a Vulture Droid as a planet set, what kind of minifig can we suppose to get with it? A boring robot? Please no!

- General Grievous Bike. Nice, it's actually one of my favorite scenes of the movie (a part of the movie i don't watch fastforward). The Grievous chase Lego made earlier looked bad (especially the wheel and Grievous himself) so i'm very interested in how this one will turn out!

- As for the other sets, they probably are going to throw in some non-cw jedi (ayla secura, shaak ti for example)

Thank's for the rumor list.

Thats sounds good, I want mostly the v-wing, if it wont be a planet set, but I like all of the EP3 sets.

I hope we get pics soon

Edited by Gubi0222

I wonder if the Vulture Droid is actually a Droid battlepack. The original edition from 1999 was about half the price of a battlepack if I remember correctly.

I'm also curious about the new X-Wing. If its another mini version in a planet set, Dagobah would be the most likely choice. Then again it was only a 2 year gap between the 4502 X-Wing and 6212 version, so it wouldn't surprise me if Lego wants to keep the system scale version available on the market a little while longer. Either way Biggs Darklighter, Wedge Antilles and Dagobah Luke are all overdue for an update, and an OT Yoda and a definitive X-Wing Pilot Luke wouldn't hurt either.

A new system scale Star Destroyer would be nice. The 2006 version was good for the most part but the floor was too unstable. If it is system scaled, hopefully it will come with updated versions of Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin and a tan version of Palpatine.

Looking forward to seeing the new Wheel Bike. It will be interesting to see how much Lego has improved upon the design. A new Boga with modern articulation and printing would also be great. I don't think Grievous himself needs that much of an update though as the mold and colours of the Clone Wars version are fine the way they are. At most he could use a less cartoonish face print. Hopefully the set will also come with Tion Meddon and Commander Cody. And off course Obi-Wan, preferably kitbashed from the 2012 ROTS figure and 2013 Clone Wars one:

28iwx3b.jpg

Not much to say on the other sets other than I hope we get a few more CW Jedi updated in the classic Lego style (Luminara Unduli, Aayla Secura, Shaak Ti etc) I'm also hoping the Death Star Trooper is actually a Death Star Gunner. Not all that excited for another V-Wing. Hopefully its part of a planet set.

Hello everybody! :classic:

I had the chance to read through a list for next year's SW sets (first half only). But regrettably I didn't see pics. So the whole information I remember is posted here. Please don't ask me about more details since I don't know more. I did already post information on all City sets and some Friends sets. At set names of other themes I didn't look at.

Planet sets?

Imperial Star Destroyer

X-Wing

Kashyyk Trooper

DS Trooper

System scale sets

General Grievous Bike

V-Wing (or planet set)

AT-AP

Droid Gunship

Republic AV- ?

Battle of Seludca ?

It's really a shame that we won't get any System scale OT set in the first half of 2014! :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

Although I too am disappointed with the lack of OT sets I am excited for the General Grievous bike set. I highly doubt it, but I'm hoping lego will make it motorized, that would give it such a cool feeling and would make it definitely worth it.

- As for the other sets, they probably are going to throw in some non-cw jedi (ayla secura, shaak ti for example)

Well that won't be surprising, it seems like lego has and will be doing that with the majority of the next few waves. I just wish they would give the sets the cool functions like they used to have up until now. It seems like very few of them are worth getting for more than just the figs :cry_sad:

I think the X Wing is one that they try and keep always on the shelf in one form or another. If this is a system scale set than it is probably a new version of the Dagobah set. I can't really see it as being a new Planet set for a min scale? They just had one. Maybe a Polybag?

Much of the rest of the sets on this list just do nothing for me. I'd get a new Grievous Wheelbike Chase set. Especially if it had a new Boga. The rest? Doesn't even rise to the level of meh. These are a resounding BLEAH! I mean really? Another V Wing? Show of hands, who around here grew up with fantasies and daydreams of piloting a V-Wing? Enough to justify 3 different versions for a "blink and you missed it" flyby ship? And the rest? Yech!

If this list is true, I now understand why they showed off the criminally unsexy AT-AP at SDCC. It appears to be the only set on the list tat is a large cohesive recognizable SW vehicle. Everything else looks to be minifig packs with blobs of stuff (or really not overly popular Droid stuff? Vulture Droid? Droid Gunship? The original releases of these are some of the few Lego Star Wars sets that have actually lost value over time.)

Bummer about lack of OT. The X-Wing, I'm guessing is in a Dagobah planet set, maybe with all the white pieces replaced with sand green to give it a swampy look. Unless Klaus misremembered and it is a Y-Wing which could come with a Yavin (not Yavin 4) planet set.

Maybe the ISD is in a Death Star 2 planet set though it would be cool to have a System ISD, scale be damned.

Planet Sets are being discontinued. X-Wing Fighter and Imperial Star Destroyer are apart of a new, smaller scale set (6 total for the first wave).

Planet Sets are being discontinued. X-Wing Fighter and Imperial Star Destroyer are apart of a new, smaller scale set (6 total for the first wave).

Interesting. Where did you hear/read this?

Thats a shame. I would've liked to have gotten the remaining planets.

if so, will there be minifigs?

Interesting. Where did you hear/read this?

All I can say is a reliable source. Expect to see up to 19 sets for the next round.

if so, will there be minifigs?

Yes! Each set will have one minifigure. Whether or not they are exclusive to that set (like how Lobot was to Bespin), I am unsure.