Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Is the green 1 stud wide dome on the upper gun a new piece?

Bob

Lol! Brickdoctor has answered that question a cople of times already :)

Someone on flickr mentioned that it was a recolor of this piece. (Notice how there's a bar of trans green extending back through the turret towards the minifig's chest.)

^^^ Save you the trouble Brickdoctor :wink:

So I guess that Two-Week Rumor about getting pictures of sets isn't true anymore?

There is a chance though, that Lego may give us something at Disney's Expo23 this weekend, but it however unlikely.

Lego won't have an official presence at D23, so that seems very unlikely. But we can always hope for a reveal of Thor: The Dark World sets!

I don't feel we will get anything until NYCC as they will most likely have an exclusive there like last year, that may be an option although I expect hobbit sets to be previewed there.

If this first wave is Ep3 heavy then I am okay with that as long as they are as good as the last two Ep3 sets released (9494 and 9526). Even if you don't collect PT you have to admit that those two sets are really good. But i am hoping for some more OT based sets, mostly ANH sets.

So I guess that Two-Week Rumor about getting pictures of sets isn't true anymore?

There is a chance though, that Lego may give us something at Disney's Expo23 this weekend, but it however unlikely.

Of course the rumor was untrue, set lists only were already always end of August at best. Pictures are October, September if we are lucky. And seeing how we never got decent summer pics last year that weren´t from Toy Fair it looks like LEGO succeeded at keeping information on their products from their fanbase.

And since when do we get infos from cons and expos? The only Star Wars sets that get announced on festivals are a regular wave one at San-Diego and the S@H ones. And that´s much, other themes have much worse official coverage and nothing points to a change in this.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Of course the rumor was untrue, set lists only were already always end of August at best. Pictures are October, September if we are lucky.

I distinctly remember in 2008-ish when the first wave of the Clone Wars sets came out that we had pictures of the new winter sets (Republic Attack Shuttle, blue AAT, Darth Vader's TIE, that wave) in early August. Granted, that was five years ago, and it's the only time pictures have ever appeared that early (plus they were very rough catalog prelims) but it does show how far Lego has come in terms of keeping new sets under wraps.

In England, the ewok village and the calender are coming out

in September, the same thing happened last year with palpatines arrest and the calender, when they came out I remembered seeing pictures of the rancor pit, so September seems likely.

I distinctly remember in 2008-ish when the first wave of the Clone Wars sets came out that we had pictures of the new winter sets (Republic Attack Shuttle, blue AAT, Darth Vader's TIE, that wave) in early August. Granted, that was five years ago, and it's the only time pictures have ever appeared that early (plus they were very rough catalog prelims) but it does show how far Lego has come in terms of keeping new sets under wraps.

I just looked some dates up for the first pics of every year.

Final two were the finished designs, no idea if there were even prelims available for them. So yeah, it should be End of August/September for pics.

Also looked for set lists. 2009 till 2011 it was always the 5th or 6th of August, 2008 even 20th July.

So yeah, i was wrong about the dates, but the expo and con stuff still stands.

In England, the ewok village and the calender are coming out

in September, the same thing happened last year with palpatines arrest and the calender, when they came out I remembered seeing pictures of the rancor pit, so September seems likely.

The Rancor Pit was revealed at San-Diego in July that year, like I already said. Also the availability of sets has nothing to do with new set pics. Palpatines Arrest was first found in July in Germany. Does that mean we get the TRU exclusive summer set and the most expensive set of the first wave of the following year at the same time? No it´s just that summer exclusive sets get released in summer and San-Diego gives us a pic of a set, it´s completely separate from each other. Btw. Endor is a S@H exclusive, Palpatine a TRU one. Better equals would be UCS B-Wing for Endor and 8019 AT-AT for Palpatine Arrest.

Hello everybody! :classic:

I had the chance to read through a list for next year's SW sets (first half only). But regrettably I didn't see pics. So the whole information I remember is posted here. Please don't ask me about more details since I don't know more. I did already post information on all City sets and some Friends sets. At set names of other themes I didn't look at.

Planet sets?

Imperial Star Destroyer

X-Wing

Kashyyk Trooper

DS Trooper

System scale sets

General Grievous Bike

Vulture Droid (or Planet set)

V-Wing (or planet set)

AT-AP

Droid Gunship

Republic AV- ?

Battle of Seludca ?

It's really a shame that we won't get any System scale OT set in the first half of 2014! :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Republic Gunship must've been a planet set, we're getting the system one this summer?

Republic Gunship must've been a planet set, we're getting the system one this summer?

Thank you for the hint, MstrOfPppts' timestamp=!

I prescribed. RGS is of course wrong. Correct is Droid Gunship.

Klaus-Dieter

Hello everybody! :classic:

I had the chance to read through a list for next year's SW sets (first half only). But regrettably I didn't see pics. So the whole information I remember is posted here. Please don't ask me about more details since I don't know more. I did already post information on all City sets and some Friends sets. At set names of other themes I didn't look at.

Planet sets?

Imperial Star Destroyer

X-Wing

Kashyyk Trooper

DS Trooper

System scale sets

General Grievous Bike

V-Wing (or planet set)

AT-AP

Republic Gunship

Republic AV- ?

Battle of Seludca ?

It's really a shame that we won't get any System scale OT set in the first half of 2014!

:cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks for the list!

I think you mean the battle of saluecami

A republic gunship seems strange, cause that is from this wave

Thanks for the list!

I think you mean the battle of saluecami

A republic gunship seems strange, cause that is from this wave

See my post above. I corrected it to Droid Gunship.

Klaus-Dieter

Yes a new GG Bike! :wub: The first one was such a great set. Anybody else hoping we get a more Ep III accurate GG with this set?

Planet sets?

Imperial Star Destroyer

X-Wing

Kashyyk Trooper

DS Trooper

System scale sets

General Grievous Bike

V-Wing (or planet set)

AT-AP

Droid Gunship

Republic AV- ?

Battle of Seludca ?

Thanks a lot for this, mate! A rumor list, finaly :grin:

I guess it was starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Saleucami, which could either be a set from TCW (they might've designed it before the series ended) or it's from Ep.3..

A Commander Neyo with the new helmet would be awesome :sweet:

Edited by commdr_neyo

The Republic AV could be a Republic AV-7 artillery cannon. It's used frequently in the

Clone Wars, but is very similar to the Clone vs Commando droids battle pack.

With my passive knowledge of the SW universe, the rumor list means nothing to me. However, it's great that we got one and I can't wait to see pictures. Some very well may be promising. But since I have no prior knowledge of a lot of what these could look like, I will wait to pass judgment.

Thanks for the list though! That's a huge help.

Very interesting, Klaus; thanks for sharing. :classic: (This is the same source as a couple years ago when you got a look at the retailer's catalog? I consider this list very reliable.)

Not very happy about the lack of OT sets, but it makes sense.