Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Thank´s BrickDoctor,so,we only know one confirmed set,the AT-AP no? If the battlepacks will be only for example for clones,I want o see a real sized AT-RT with maybe a little of vegetation and an AT-RT driver and other clones,but It´s near impossible,because the 2013 clone wars AT-RT,so much bigger from the reality.So other idea will be a Kashyyyk barricade,with a clone sniper,and other 41st corps clones and maybe wookies.What ideas do you have for the battepacks?

Right, the only confirmed set is the AT-AP. (Any confirmed sets or sets that we have reliable rumors for will be in the first post of this topic.) We do also know that there will be a significant number of OT sets in the wave, and it's rumored that the BPs will go back to being one faction per set. (By the way, ideas and discussion for sets that you think we'll see or want to see belong in a different topic, Future Star Wars Sets.)

I think, given past patterns, we'll see a primarily ROTS wave. The AOTC stuff focused on Geonosis- perhaps the 2014 wave will focus on Kashyyyk as the primary battle area. The new Phase II clone helmets are growing on me after an initial unfavorable impression- with some printing that's more realistic and a lower "mouth," they're not bad at all.

odds are there will be another Clone Turbo Tank....

no way, not THAT soon

I don't know if this belongs in this topic, but 2014 is the 15th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars. We will probably get a ton of great sets like in 2009 for the 10th anniversary!

Maybe in the second half of the year but I'd expect it to be more of an OT/PT blend. I think ep 3 will feature rather heavily as Lego were probably a fair way down the development path before Disney canned the whole 3D thing.

Thank´s BrickDoctor,so,we only know one confirmed set,the AT-AP no? If the battlepacks will be only for example for clones,I want o see a real sized AT-RT with maybe a little of vegetation and an AT-RT driver and other

clones,but It´s near impossible,because the

2013 clone wars AT-RT,so much bigger from the

reality.So other idea will be a Kashyyyk

barricade,with a clone sniper,and other 41st

corps clones and maybe wookies.What ideas do

you have for the battepacks?

Welcome to Eurobricks! Unfortunately we haven't seen any pictures but what we do know is that they are going back to separate battle packs e.g. Rebels vs stormtroopers.

Speaking of battle packs, Wouldn't it be cool to get a wookie one! Also if we are going to see a kashykk theme i would love to see a wookie hut with yoda and a Ka-di mundu hologram. (I bet i spelled that wrong :innocent:)

Someone on flickr mentioned that it was a recolor of this piece. (Notice how there's a bar of trans green extending back through the turret towards the minifig's chest.)

Thank you, I completely missed that extended bar. An interesting way of making a headlight.

Speaking of battle packs, Wouldn't it be cool to get a wookie one! Also if we are going to see a kashykk theme i would love to see a wookie hut with yoda and a Ka-di mundu hologram. (I bet i spelled that wrong :innocent:)

you may well be onto something there! Surely they wouldnt include a single wookie minifig that isnt chewie unless they were going to include them in other sets, and surely it would be suitable to put them in a bp?

Now after giving it some thought with the new wookie it could be possible that we may get that kashykk swamp set that was seen on the shelves of the lego designers room. The ewok village with its trees could very well hint to this set becoming reality.

It wouldn't make a lot of sense to have two forest-heavy sets released so close together (particularly in the Star Wars theme), but I suppose it is possible. There's also the chance that the prototype set seen on the designer shelves is an early version of the Ewok Village.

I'm pretty sure I read a few days ago on a rumor post, (can't remember where now though!), about a possible new Darth Vadar's TIE-Fighter set coming out next year?! I hope it does materialise - I just picked up a second TIE Fighter from Target the other day on clearance price - saved about $26 on it!:D

I'm pretty sure I read a few days ago on a rumor post, (can't remember where now though!), about a possible new Darth Vadar's TIE-Fighter set coming out next year?! I hope it does materialise - I just picked up a second TIE

Fighter from Target the other day on clearance

price - saved about $26 on it!:D

Cool, did it say how much it costs?

Edited by Tariq j

There was a report that one of the designers at Comic-Con claimed that "if you like the Ewok Village, you'll like 2014" or something to that effect. Perhaps this isn't, as I first assumed, a signal that 2014 will be OT-heavy. Maybe it's signifying that there will be a lot of similar environments used- Kashyyyk, for example, is similar to Endor.

Cool, did it say how much it costs?

Sadly no... As I said I'm having trouble re-finding the blog post I saw it mentioned in. :cry_sad: Mind you, if I had to ballpark guesstimate it, I'd wager such a set would be at least $5 - $10 more than the 2012 TIE Fighter set which in Canada goes regularly for $69.99.

There was a report that one of the designers at Comic-Con claimed that "if you like the Ewok Village, you'll like 2014" or something to that effect. Perhaps this isn't, as I first assumed, a signal that 2014 will be OT-heavy. Maybe it's signifying that there will be a lot of similar environments used- Kashyyyk, for example, is similar to Endor.

Quite a likelihood. We are expecting Episode III sets, we've just seen 1 such upcoming Kashyyyk based set. Perhaps there are a couple more on the way, and something in there is going to be similar in some way to the Ewok Village but doesn't compete with its sales.

I'm good with the AT-AP, I don't have one and I don't have any PT Wookies. Whereas, I'm not thrilled with the vehicle, it could be worse.

odds are there will be another Clone Turbo Tank....

No, they will probably have the winter wave full of ROTS and maybe additional AOTC sets but the summer wave will be a bunch of OT and Rebels related stuff just like 2008 when The Clone Wars began.

Also the CTT wouldn´t be too early, the A-Wing and Corporate Alliance Droid got rereleased this year and were from 2009 so a 2010 set being rereleased next year isn´t that far off.

I don't know if this belongs in this topic, but 2014 is the 15th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars. We will probably get a ton of great sets like in 2009 for the 10th anniversary!

Can be. Depending on how good communication with LEGO is they would either try to stock up on sets directly based on the show or sets based on the OT films.

you may well be onto something there! Surely they wouldnt include a single wookie minifig that isnt chewie unless they were going to include them in other sets, and surely it would be suitable to put them in a bp?

Quote - Me during Comic-Con 2011 on the announcement of the new TIE Fighter set:

Surely they wouldnt include a single Navy Trooper minifig unless they were going to include them in other sets, and surely it would be suitable to put them in a bp since stormtroopers were already covered, imperial officers alone are too boring for kids to play with and scout troopers can only be included once since two speeder bikes are too much for a set and scouts without a bike are pretty useless.

Quote - Me during autumn the same year:

2362104-2-w.jpgcryingsnapesef0.gif

The wookie head mold will probably be too expensive on its own, like the Ewoks and Geonosians. I guess they will include Wookies maybe in another set like 2011s Ewok Attack.

I hope the ROTS wave won´t be completely Kashyyyk. I just want to finally get my army of 501st Legion troopers and some Utapau based sets with Commander Cody and a remake of Grievous´ wheel bike. That thing was so cash, I wonder why nobody wants to use it again.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Fenson: you realise that even if all the sets were kashyyyk you would still technically be getting 501st troopers as the 41st corps are part of the 501st legion

With the rumor of a new Hoth set/s, what does everyone think the odds are that we'd get a new AT-AT? I missed out on the last one, so honestly I really wouldn't mind a new one! :wink:

Rumours of hoth sets? Where? I thought this was about kashyyyk and ROTS

Fenson: you realise that even if all the sets were kashyyyk you would still technically be getting 501st troopers as the 41st corps are part of the 501st legion

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is not an eligible source of information when it contradicts every other comic, book, Star Wars magazine, tv show and movie ever produced. Also, you know exactly what trooper I and everybody else mean by 501st Legion Trooper.

With the rumor of a new Hoth set/s, what does everyone think the odds are that we'd get a new AT-AT? I missed out on the last one, so honestly I really wouldn't mind a new one! :wink:

Hoth sets aren´t rumored. OT sets in general are. The regular four years until redesigns are possible would be over in summer. The Rebels show will surely use one at some point and a UCS set is something I expect every year, but looking at how they chose less popular things like the B-Wing and JSF over the AT-AT I loose hope for it.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson