Review Review: 21103 Back To The Future Time Machine

212 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Thanks for the review! When I saw the official model, I thought the same thing about the hood as everyone else, but it bothers me less and less as time passes. Seeing it with the "original" model I dare to say I like the new, official one better. It is more stramlined. The minifigs are cool, the only drawback is the lack of more outfits for the figs. Doc's yellow/red outfit with the huge shining sunglasses, and maybe Marty with his wild-west clothes.

Thanks for the fantastic review! The comparison between original design and final product was superb! I must say that I actually prefer the original bonnet.

I love the inclusion of background info and words from the creator in the instruction manual. Hope this sells well and encourages others to attempt CUUSO. I'm currently in the process of designing my first model, and seeing this time machine in its final version is inspiring.

Great review! I was pleasantly surprised to see that all three variations of the DeLorean can be built, it adds to the playability, but also encourages you to buy two extra sets) As for the triangular gap, they could probably use this slope, even though it would have to be introduced in light bluish gray

Everyone has been saying the Cuusoo model was better but honestly I don't see it. I think the contour of this one is much closer to that of the actual car. Yeah, the hood could be sloped (I hope they would not increase the height though) but other than that I think the actual model that's being released is superior. The Cuusoo one is just too bulky and stuff.

Thanks for the review.

It is a great set with an overall satisfying look. Not perfect but close in my opinion. I hope the set will go online at S@H today, can't wait to get it in my hands :)

Fantastic review - building the original to enable us to compare is appreciated

Is this delorean perfect? No. But - I think it is much better than the original design, it's more 'polished' and refined

A must buy

Thank you for this excellent review. I think TLG did on this scale hist best capturing the style of he car.

The nice box art and the ultracool 'architecture'- style booklet are sooo nice!

I also love the fact they didn't put any sticker in this set. For me that would be far more a dealbreaker compared to what they did with the slope thingie.

I think the people should understand that this is the BTTF's Delorean in the lego Universe, like the System sets of Star Wars/Harry Potter/etc... Not a big model like the Sopwith Camel or a SW UCS.

Thanks for an excellent review yet again Rufus :thumbup:!

As I´ve written earlier in the other thread I´m getting three copies to have one of each built. I agree that the hood looks strange but Rufus small modification makes it feel a bit better and I´ll see what I can do myself.

I think it´s so much better to get this set than not get this set. Then it´s up to everyone to buy or not to buy it.

Great review Rufus, a definite must buy from me for nostalgia and for awesome!

Release date says 17th July, but it's not available on S@H yet - any update to this?

Great review Rufus, a definite must buy from me for nostalgia and for awesome!

Release date says 17th July, but it's not available on S@H yet - any update to this?

it said 18th july in the german shopcalendar (guess the calendar for englad said the same) - intentionally i wanted to visit the nearest legostore today, but im waiting on confirmation that the set is out today. would be kinda bummer to travel 100km only to find out, the set is not available yet.

lego_cuusoo_4.jpg

Edited by Hoschiebaer

What an awesome amazing review Rufus, thankyou very much, I can't wait to pick this up and thanks for the callout LOL :classic:

That's certainly an excellent and extensive review, Rufus, thanks for the effort! I really like this set and will surely pick one or two (or three :laugh: ) up on my next LEGO store visit. Yes, the build isn't perfect, but I think thats owing to the scale of the model. The comparison of the official model and the CUUSOO submission was very enlightening and in my opinion shows that LEGO has done a terrific job optimizing the car. The original, while being a great model, is just a tad too clunky while the official set has the perfect balance of showing the proportions of a Delorean and still being minifig-compatible. The spelling error on the printed brick is a shame but who knows: maybe LEGO will correct the error and the early sets will become more valuable with time :tongue:

Thanks for the great review, Rufus! I kind of like this set, but I am and was never a fan of those tires for sports cars. Too thin and too much profile. Not in the Shanghai Chase, not on Nick Furys car. There should be a better choice for a sports car within all the available Lego tires.

would be kinda bummer to travel 100km only to find out, the set is not available yet.

Why don't you phone and ask?

OK, despite the hood design, I totally want it now!! I want to make the futuristic "Mr. Fusion" version. Glad to see that the poll results are so outstanding!

And so do we know how many copies they are going to produce? Will it be a limited edition of just 10,000 copies again, or are they getting a little bit braver with the production goals now? =)

And like I said earlier, if they are labeling this one as "Cuusoo set #004" (with two leading zeroes on the four), then I guess they intend to go all the way up to "Cuusoo set #999" (or at the very least, more than 99, right?)!! =D

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

I urge you to look beyond the stepped front end; if you can't, well, maybe you guys just aren't ready for this yet. But your kids are gonna love it.

:laugh:

Absolutely fantastic review, and a great idea for a set. However, the execution is way too technic-ish for my blood. Nice to see they went the extra mile with unique minifigs and printed tiles, though.

Thanks for another great review.

I was hesitant about this set at first but now you showed all the details I find it an amazing set. And I think it is a great improvement over the original to be honest.

I'm a major BTTF fan and love this set. The roof looks a little narrow to me, but its difficult to get all the proportions right when working to this scale. So silly Q but when it is out in the UK ? It says 17th July on your review, and then on the official CUUSOO blog page it says it'll be released at Com-Con and in selected European Stores this week and then globally 1st August ... confused as to when I can pop into a store and buy it ! anyone know if there is a list somewhere of the European stores participating in the early release ?

The Copenhagen Lego store got these today (17th) they are 449kr each. They have 100+ in stock. Just bought 3 of them :D

So gonna get this! Great Review!

Now to build my clock tower for a certain special animation set in 1955 involving lightning ;)

Just bought 3 of them :D

Three you say .... any special reason :laugh: ?

Good find!