just2good

The LEGO Movie Video Game Discussion

lego-the-movie-videogame.jpg

In related news, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced that the chart-topping and award-winning LEGO videogames franchise from TT Games will include an epic gaming experience based on the film across all major console and handheld gaming systems. With more than 90 playable characters inspired by the film and 15 exciting levels, kids will be able to build an adventure like never before.

From FBTB news! Discussion for the LEGO Movie video game belongs here.

Good to see them expanding on the film, but I don't play LEGO games anymore. Why play a game about LEGO when you could be building actual LEGO?

This site has two screenshots not on the IGN link:

http://www.shacknews.com/game/the-lego-movie-videogame/screenshots?gallery_id=26490

On one hand, this looks like yet another TT game based on the same fun-but-milked-to-death gameplay mechanics we've had for eight years now.

On the other hand, it's (mostly) non-licensed (though still technically a movie game, hah!), and I love the style of it - all-LEGO environments, stiff minifigures, etc, really feels like a LEGO game. Seeing as the movie makes use of classic well-loved characters like Johnny Thunder and a spaceman, I imagine that the game will at least include some of them in its 90+ character roster, which is also a big plus for me (hey, I'm getting tired of the gameplay, but being able to run around as a spaceman in an all-LEGO space level would make it well worth the purchase for me :tongue: ). I'll certainly be buying it.

I was expecting this, I can't wait to play it! I love the all-LEGO setting that I miss in the current LEGO games.

Good to see them expanding on the film, but I don't play LEGO games anymore. Why play a game about LEGO when you could be building actual LEGO?

Look, we're not in 2005 anymore. We're past that argument. :tongue:

The game looks really good! Everything's bricky!

Depending on the character roster, I may pick this up, especially since I haven't played a LEGO game since The Complete Saga.

I think it's been long enough since I've played a TT Lego game that this one'll feel fairly new. :P

The graphics in the screenshots actually look really good,

You can watch 5 minutes of gameplay here :sweet: :

Looks good ! (like the others LEGO Video Games)

I didn't think they had enough completed for the game to have a demo already. The graphics, I thought, were surprisingly good. Better than some other Lego TT Games games. :tongue:

Edited by Lego Spy

Dug up something interesting while reading this article about the game. Most of the article is just about the first level, but read this segment here:

In the town of Bricksburg, everything is supposed to look perfect and picturesque – like the perfect play sets that come from Lego, however the construction crew finds that one house looks like it wasn’t built to specifications; it looks like some creative soul failed to follow the instructions and built their dream house. Now the purple building has to be brought down. Emmet repairs a building instruction machine, which gives him instructions for building a useful tool This opens up a minigame that requires him to pick the right Lego pieces to build a wrecking crane.

It seems likely that the first part of the paragraph regarding the purple house might also be a good indication of what'll happen at the beginning of the movie. Certainly it explains what exactly Emmet is doing at the construction site before he meet Wyldstyle and Vitruvius.

It doesn't look that good i think. And i've played all other lego games. I hope it will be more like Lego City Undercover, which is still the best lego game imo.

Meh, I dunno. The trailer makes it look like one giant scripted sequence... Hopefully the actual game will have at least some free roam bits to it in addition to the linear levels.

DF9q5H6l.jpg

According to Brick Fanatics, Old Wild West Emmet is the Australian EB Games pre-order bonus with the game. I wonder what the others will be, or if it's the same everywhere.

I'm on mobile, so here's the link! http://brickfanatics.co.uk/first-lego-movie-videogame-pre-order-bonus-revealed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:%20brickfanatics%20(Brick%20Fanatics)

*snip*

According to Brick Fanatics, Old Wild West Emmet is the Australian EB Games pre-order bonus with the game. I wonder what the others will be, or if it's the same everywhere.

I'm on mobile, so here's the link! http://brickfanatics...(Brick Fanatics)

That's a really good minifigure! I think I won't be pre ordering the game though because I already have a big enough backlog as it is...

Oh wow, that is a really nice minifigure. Especially the alternately colored shoulder cover (?) piece from Series 2 of CMF. :thumbup:

The one part I don't understand is how that's supposed to be Emmet. :grin:

Edited by Lego Spy

That Emmet fig is great. :laugh:

I will pick one up for sure, those pants are some sort of pre-order DLC?

I must admit that I'm getting a little concerned about the situation in the UK. Amazon still don't have it listed at all, and there's no word about the Emmet minifig on GAME's website.

I'm sure that everything will be sorted out in time, and the pre-order bonus will be available from GAME, but I'd like to know what's going on.

Any tips where to score the cheapest special edition for PS4 or Xbox1 in Europe?

Amazon.de has the special only for PC and PS3 :(