Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Does anyone have a clue when it will Bennys Spaceship will be available through the Lego website? Is it around June/July? I hope VIP members will get it early....

Does anyone have a clue when it will Bennys Spaceship will be available through the Lego website? Is it around June/July? I hope VIP members will get it early....

I'm sure June, but since it's not a D2C, it won't have the early release. :sad:

I hope VIP members will get it early....

Only Direct to Consumer (D2C) sets are made early for VIPs. For instance, starting today, only VIPs can get the Fairground Mixer. D2C sets are usually the large sized sets that are priced at about $150 or higher (there are rare exceptions. Technic is not considered D2C)

My local Toys R us had the 3 new sets out on the shelf. Benny's ship was $99.99 and the Dropship was $79.99 I think. Forgot to look at the price of the Mech. Anyway, since I picked up the largest Agents set yesterday and I have a 15% off coupon that doesn't start until tomorrow, I didn't want to pick up any tonight. I might wait on these until I get to see the movie, and just buy the agents sets for now.

My local Toys R us had the 3 new sets out on the shelf. Benny's ship was $99.99 and the Dropship was $79.99 I think. Forgot to look at the price of the Mech. Anyway, since I picked up the largest Agents set yesterday and I have a 15% off coupon that doesn't start until tomorrow, I didn't want to pick up any tonight. I might wait on these until I get to see the movie, and just buy the agents sets for now.

Which state, and do you have the product IDs in store? :grin:

I'm in Michigan. Didn't think to look for the TRU item #. I hadn't checked this topic in awhile, so I figured others had already seen them. Depending on how much money I spend at the Motor city comic con today, I may swing back tonight and pick up Benny's ship. I'll look for the numbers then.

I'm in Michigan. Didn't think to look for the TRU item #. I hadn't checked this topic in awhile, so I figured others had already seen them. Depending on how much money I spend at the Motor city comic con today, I may swing back tonight and pick up Benny's ship. I'll look for the numbers then.

Alright, thanks for the help!

Toys R us' item # for the drop ship is 6061160 $79.99. Emmet's Mech's is 6061150 $59.99 I bought Benny's ship, the item # wasn't on the receipt, but the UPC is 673419210249

Toys R us' item # for the drop ship is 6061160 $79.99. Emmet's Mech's is 6061150 $59.99 I bought Benny's ship, the item # wasn't on the receipt, but the UPC is 673419210249

Thanks!

Well, I got the Drop Ship! This review was supposed to be up last night, but dear lord, did I have many uploading issues. Nevertheless, it's here!

14181196386_c7796a7165.jpg

14017664478_fa13898956.jpg

14017728117_f99041d597.jpg

14017694320_8ba27f49e0.jpg

14201038141_dc8a696acc.jpg

14017731027_2056245263.jpg

14201841472_d4f7ae89ef.jpg

I totally screwed up the string for the dropship feature, but the worst part is that the set is designed in a way that you can't re-tie it to the winch unless you take apart the whole set. That's a major design flaw if you ask me. Additionally, little details over the ship are very delicate. Nevertheless, this set is a great value in terms of the price per piece ratio, uncommmon pieces, and of course the eight minifigures (love that new Johnny Thunder so much :wub: ).

I did not get Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP! yet, but I did get the Constructo Mech! So stay tuned... :wink:

Thanks a lot for the review! I kept laughing because the touch missiles were going off. Are there four holes or just the two (one on either side)? And does it include any spares?

Surprised to learn this set is a tad delicate, as you pointed out. And the whole winch situation does look frustrating.

The value is great, for sure. At $99 CDN, though, I'll wait on it.

If you have both the Super Cycle Chase and Bad Cop Pursuit, have you tried putting all the Super Secret Police vehicles together with the police units? These sets would probably play off each other well and make for fun scene setups.

Thanks a lot for the review! I kept laughing because the touch missiles were going off. Are there four holes or just the two (one on either side)? And does it include any spares?

Surprised to learn this set is a tad delicate, as you pointed out. And the whole winch situation does look frustrating.

The value is great, for sure. At $99 CDN, though, I'll wait on it.

If you have both the Super Cycle Chase and Bad Cop Pursuit, have you tried putting all the Super Secret Police vehicles together with the police units? These sets would probably play off each other well and make for fun scene setups.

Great review! I am getting more convinced of getting this set but sadly, my money is going towards the mixer. :sad:

Thanks you both!

There are just two holes for the push missiles on each side, but I believe you get at least one spare missile. Not sure if there were two. I wish I had SCC, but I do have BCP and SSPE, so maybe I can do something with them. :classic:

I wonder, depending on the pieces used, how easy it'd be to mod that so there are two holes on either side. One isn't enough for me. :P

Okay, next is the Construct-O-Mech!

14186034806_c4b7dd8284.jpg

14229339763_73ee92fcfb.jpg

14209035244_5d8598f165.jpg

14209034474_d16cbf55f4.jpg

14229339213_151666c0c0.jpg

I love the build on this set! It's so fun to play with, and there's some great yellow pieces all over. Also, the exclusive Emmet and Angry Kitty are adorable!

In your review of the drop-ship you said that the body armor only came in the cycle chase. That's incorrect, it also appeared in the Rescue Reinforcements :)

In your review of the drop-ship you said that the body armor only came in the cycle chase. That's incorrect, it also appeared in the Rescue Reinforcements :)

Ah, so totally missed that! :sweet:

It's a shame really, I really wanted the Construct-o-Mech when I first saw the pictures, but the limited pose-ability of it has really put me off. :sceptic: I guess I'll go for the Spaceship instead and get the mech if it goes on sale or something...

I finished building Benny's Spaceship this morning. I absolutely love this set. I thought the new Ultra Agents HQ was going to be my favorite set of the summer wave, but the spaceship wins hands down. Now I just need to figure out where I'm going to put it.

Calling BS on that. I think kids like stickers in general, but not stickers on Legos. Stickers in Lego sets were pretty rare back when I was a kid, but I hated them when they were included instead of printed pieces.

In an interview one of the Lego designers (I think it was either Mark Stafford or Jamie Berard, they tend to be the most talkative in English) basically said, up front, yes they often use stickers because kids view them as a play feature. They determined this through focus groups and play testing. And by all accounts TLG is normally pretty thorough in their research on these sorts of things. Like you I personally mostly hate stickers. But I accept that I am not the target market.

PS those printed classic space logo slopes are intriguing, just for the thought that Lego would have added a healthy stock of such parts to inventory as a result. So maybe they were not planning on them being single set/single use? We can hope.

Edited by Faefrost

So...I guess this is it for TLM sets, then? (Other than the pre-blinded Vitruvius who's coming with the Blu-Ray.)

I'm hoping Lego finds an excuse to slip some TLM characters into future theme sets. They could easily put Emmet in a City/Construction set, Wyldstyle in some Agents stuff, and Unikitty in some Creator sets.

The Lego Movie Summer Sets are out but I don't see any of them where I live yet and I really want that Benny SPACESHIP SPACESHIP SPACESHIP so badly :cry_sad:

So...I guess this is it for TLM sets, then? (Other than the pre-blinded Vitruvius who's coming with the Blu-Ray.)

I'm hoping Lego finds an excuse to slip some TLM characters into future theme sets. They could easily put Emmet in a City/Construction set, Wyldstyle in some Agents stuff, and Unikitty in some Creator sets.

There's an upcoming sequel, so we'll probably be seeing them again in a few years. If it does focus on the DUPLO aliens, does that mean we'll see both System and DUPLO bricks in the same sets? *oh2*