Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

So this is Lord Business :wacko:

{pic}

-Sci

Wow, um... Okay. I'm not sure how that mold for the hair will work in a blind bag, so I imagine he'll only be in the sets.

Edited by just2good

No one wonder we have Batman and Superman in this film......that guy looks like a DC Comic villain for sure ! :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

I saw that picture a while ago, and all it does is raise my doubts that we won't see any main characters in Series 12. :tongue:

So this is Lord Business :wacko:

Lord-Business.png

-Sci

Uh... This was from the Lego Wikia right? I'm a little hesitant to believe this is actually a legitimate image, due to some past run ins with Wikia before.

Uh... This was from the Lego Wikia right? I'm a little hesitant to believe this is actually a legitimate image, due to some past run ins with Wikia before.

I really wish people would stop thinking of Brickipedia as an unreliable LEGO site who is run by kids. It's not. :ugh:

It's from this:

TLMFigsT.png

-Sci

By the looks of that Lord Business minifig, those images on the screens are official minifigs. That would confirm Virtruvius then!

I really wish people would stop thinking of Brickipedia as an unreliable LEGO site who is run by kids. It's not. :ugh:

It's from this:

TLMFigsT.png

-Sci

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know. Still, I have seen a few things that turned out not being true though.

On this subject, where did that image come from? And where was it taken?

Edited by Lego Spy

That's a full-view image of the room the "The Lego Movie" panel was held in at this year's San Diego Comic-Con.

is a video of the event. So yeah, it's legit. :wink: Edited by Canticleer blues

That's a full-view image of the room the "The Lego Movie" panel was held in at this year's San Diego Comic-Con.

is a video of the event. So yeah, it's legit. :wink:

Huh, ok I believe it now. :grin: Gosh those cups on Lord Businesses head look really stupid. :hmpf_bad:

Huh, ok I believe it now. :grin: Gosh those cups on Lord Businesses head look really stupid. :hmpf_bad:

Huh, ya I wanted to like this but this cups are pretty lame. Hope it's just a one time outfit and the character is a bit different.

I think Lord Business looks HILARIOUS. The perfect fusion of a modern-day business executive and an over-the-top sci-fi villain. I can't imagine he'll be wearing that getup for the whole film, but I think it's brilliantly designed and it is a reminder of just how funny this movie is probably going to be.

Perhaps that's the idea.....coffee cups on his head is meant to make him look foolish.....though it also proves a point that one Lego part can be used in different ways. :wink:

Those of you worrying about whether or not Lord Business will stay in that huge hat for the whole movie might be interested in this. According to the background images found on various official TLM sites, the character does have hair:

lord_business_billboard_c.png

lord_business_billboard_a.png

(Closer view)

It appears to be something similar to this piece in orange with white 'printing' around the bottom half. Whether or not this'll appear in the movie (or sets) we have yet to see, but at least some of us can sleep soundly knowing that this ridiculous cartoon villain might not be as ridiculous as we first thought. :tongue:

On a related note, my investigations turned up an interesting fact. We know that Lord Business runs a business (natch!), but what exactly is the company he runs? The answer is seen above, but if you missed it, notice the word in the bottom right of each following picture...

lord_business_billboard_b.png

octaniswatchingyou.png

(The text reads "You're being watched -Octan")

Looks like the evil corporation of this movie is going to be Octan! :grin: Have to say, I never pictured Octan as being evil, but its unusual omnipresence and longevity have led to some unlikely (at the time) theories stating as much. Given the fact that the organization is being set up as an Orwellian-style threat, it might also explain why there are so many police in Lego City (or Bricksburg, as it'll be called in the movie), and why there are 'Super Secret Police' (note the words written on the top of the hummer) as villains in this movie.

To end on a lighter note, here's another billboard with something slightly less oppressive:

tidbit_jeans.png

:laugh:

An evil business corporation and evil robotic law enforcement (sheriff/cowboy, policemen)? What is this movie?

A comedy film. Hopefully that means the sets will be fun! :grin:

I'm not sure why, I just assumed Lord Business's hair was going to look like Mugatu's in Zoolander. Probably because they're both villains played by Will Farrel. I hope there's a set with one of those billboards! Or, I guess I could make one. Still, I want that Bike/Jeep set we've seen pictures of!

All the early promotional materials I saw for this said the bad guy was called "President Business". Sad it isn't still that.