Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

So...pretty close to 3177, but you need several of those flat round trans tiles. Darn. Those are hard to come by...I have ONE spare. Bricklink, here I come!

"Have two extra pieces, bud don't know what to do" - Am I missing something, because I only see one piece in the flying version that I don't see in the original - the large plate. What's the second piece?

Christopher - I was confused by that as well. The Medium Stone Gray 2x8 plate is the only extra part.

Here are the instructions in .pdf:

Emmet's Car

Emmet's Fly Car

The .pdf files are 1.54 MB and 1.64 MB, respectively.

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma! :classic:

Dave

Christopher - I was confused by that as well. The Medium Stone Gray 2x8 plate is the only extra part.

Here are the instructions in .pdf:

Emmet's Car

Emmet's Fly Car

The .pdf files are 1.54 MB and 1.64 MB, respectively.

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma! :classic:

Dave

Even better. Thanks Dave! :sweet:

Good to hear that about the extra part...because we only had one extra part as well. No real desire to build the space ship one though (only if Benny gets his hands on it :D)

Do we have an official release date for the Constructo Mech and Police Dropship?

Do we have an official release date for the Constructo Mech and Police Dropship?

Someone said they're being released alongside the Sea Cow... I think. :tongue:

-Sci

The retail catalog and the toy fairs said August.

Kinda but maybe not related: has anyone seen the McDonald's cups yet? They went "now available" on the Happy Meal website on Friday. However, I've been to McDonald's twice in the last two days, and they still have the Adventure Time stuff.

Kinda but maybe not related: has anyone seen the McDonald's cups yet? They went "now available" on the Happy Meal website on Friday. However, I've been to McDonald's twice in the last two days, and they still have the Adventure Time stuff.

It probably takes a while for them to get delivered to all of the restaurants.

Mine just got the Emmet one in yesterday. It should be in soon. :classic:

Anyone know of a good set to buy to get the parts for Emmet's car? As a relatively newly returned AFOL I don't have access to many spare parts... The car bits are particularly difficult!

McDonald's usually tries to get rid of all the previous month's toys before giving out the new ones.

Too bad it is a retired set...thinking about all the times I passed that up and now I wish I had it...went to Lego's pick a brick on the website and could not find a lot of the pieces and not in the bucket o bricks at home either. The top, the windshield, and the doors seem to be the big pieces I can't find (although the shop at home site does have one of the doors and I think the windshield)

Too bad it is a retired set...thinking about all the times I passed that up and now I wish I had it...went to Lego's pick a brick on the website and could not find a lot of the pieces and not in the bucket o bricks at home either. The top, the windshield, and the doors seem to be the big pieces I can't find (although the shop at home site does have one of the doors and I think the windshield)

I just ordered one on Bricklink for $4 or $5 US. It's a lot more expensive on eBay, but you might Bricklink it for a reasonable price. Then you just need to track down the few pieces that differentiate it from Emmet's car.

I just ordered one on Bricklink for $4 or $5 US. It's a lot more expensive on eBay, but you might Bricklink it for a reasonable price. Then you just need to track down the few pieces that differentiate it from Emmet's car.

Thanks...I'm pretty sure I have those pieces on hand...actually we did get two cars...one for each of my daughters...I'm trying to build one for myself :)

Sadly by the time my son and i made it to TRU, they ran out of Emmets car and let him build a free witch head polybag instead(my son was still happy)

Luckily i got 5 small cars when they were out so i took one of them and converted it. I got lucky and had exactly 4 spare trans-clear round tiles. But for anyone looking for them, they're easy to come by in the construction sets and always have 1 or 2 spares. My son may have missed the free build, but at least i was able to save the day and make him one out of spare parts :sweet:

Its awesome!

f27cbe8a-2c46-4125-a89d-03b4b76a1f33.jpg

Will there be a Virtruvius or Benny promotional posters

There was a Benny poster at LEGO stores if you gave the clerk the code phrase "Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!" I don't know for sure about Vitruvius.

Whew. I got my 3177 in the mail today and built my Emmet's car. I'm only missing a few pieces: the trans round tiles and the round bumper (I stole one from my Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout, but I'd like to get a spare so I can put the original back). I guess the TRU set also uses light bley 1 x 2 plates, instead of 3177's green ones, but I think I can live with green.

I also added a radio tile behind to the dashboard, so Emmet can listen to "Everything is Awesome" while he's driving!