Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

I don't think the price has been confirmed in US dollars yet. But at the moment it's looking like it will be $200, and that actually makes me really tempted to get it, especially because it might be the only Lego Movie Set I get and it comes with nearly all the main characters...

Oh yeesh. I just noticed that Emmet's car in the movie has a unique "radio" tile. I am hoping this isn't some exclusive piece that appears in tomorrow's TRU set, as I'm not able to make it to the free build.

Oh yeesh. I just noticed that Emmet's car in the movie has a unique "radio" tile. I am hoping this isn't some exclusive piece that appears in tomorrow's TRU set, as I'm not able to make it to the free build.

Don't worry; exclusive parts are never made for Toys 'R' Us promotional items, which typically aren't even distributed in great enough numbers to be packaged and numbered like regular sets. If there is an exclusive decoration for the model, it'll be a sticker, not a printed piece.

I've seen the movie twice now and loved it. My family has also managed to snag all three exclusive figures. I am wondering if there will be an exclusive figure for the home video release. If there is, I think the most likely character from the movie would be Vitruvius as he appears in the opening sequence, as it's the most noteworthy version of a main character that does not already exist in physical form. Unless there's one I missed (the best idea my brother could come up with was Wyldstyle in her robot disguise).

Edited by Aanchir

Don't worry; exclusive parts are never made for Toys 'R' Us promotional items, which typically aren't even distributed in great enough numbers to be packaged and numbered like regular sets. If there is an exclusive decoration for the model, it'll be a sticker, not a printed piece.

I've seen the movie twice now and loved it. My family has also managed to snag all three exclusive figures. I am wondering if there will be an exclusive figure for the home video release. If there is, I think the most likely character from the movie would be Vitruvius as he appears in the opening sequence, as it's the most noteworthy version of a main character that does not already exist in physical form. Unless there's one I missed (the best idea my brother could come up with was Wyldstyle in her robot disguise).

Whew, thanks for reassuring me. I can live without a sticker. I just ordered 3177 Small Car, and I only need (I think) a few small pieces to convert it to Emmet's.

I really have to hand it to lego, 10 days until release and hardly a leak on the Sea Cow, other than one very poor quality pic, and two less than informative behind the scenes shots, their getting very good at limiting pre-exposure.

I really have to hand it to lego, 10 days until release and hardly a leak on the Sea Cow, other than one very poor quality pic, and two less than informative behind the scenes shots, their getting very good at limiting pre-exposure.

And that is bad for us! :grin:

Just curious, is there any thread in Eurobricks that discuss or review the movie itself, or there shouldn't be because of some rules I didn't notice? I guess it would be interesting to see a discussion between those who have actually played Lego for period of time.

Just curious, is there any thread in Eurobricks that discuss or review the movie itself, or there shouldn't be because of some rules I didn't notice? I guess it would be interesting to see a discussion between those who have actually played Lego for period of time.

That is a very very good idea. :classic:

There's one in the culture & multimedia section.

That is a very very good idea. :classic:

There's this thread in the special themes forum: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83699&st=425#entry1819988

:wink:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I was looking at a picture of Benny's Spaceship and the black Vic Viper looking villain ship seems to have Lord Business in it with a transred helmet and what appears to be a Blacktron torso. I could be completely wrong but that is what it looked like from the angle I saw. Going to see the movie tonight so I will see if this is correct or not.

http://www.spieletest.at/pics/bericht/1315/lego052.JPG

Edited by Rick
Please keep embedded images to a maximum of 1024 x 768 pixels

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I was looking at a picture of Benny's Spaceship and the black Vic Viper looking villain ship seems to have Lord Business in it with a transred helmet and what appears to be a Blacktron torso. I could be completely wrong but that is what it looked like from the angle I saw. Going to see the movie tonight so I will see if this is correct or not.

Actually, it's not Lord Business, but rather a robot drone similar to Skeletron, but in a spacesuit.

Just2good and TheRedGuy, thanks for the link. :classic:

And i just got a ticket free of charge today from a shop that knows im a LEGO freak so im beyond happy. Cant wait to sit down and enjoy it for myself probably tomorrow or monday !!! :tongue:

from brickfanatics for the UK

"get both the Emmet Pyjamas minifigure and the Robo DJ minifigure from Odeon cinemas when you purchase any Odeon Kid Mix meal, each meal comes with a Snack, Drink and Kids popcorn all for just £3.25"

I went today without a ticket or a kid and got 2 kids meals and both figs for £6.50

Does anyone else after seeing the movie wish they had done a 2 in 1 Batmobile/Batplane instead of the Creative Ambush? :grin:

Oh my god yes, I want that Batwing and Batmobile so bad.

Thanks for the info SMC! Me and my mates ages 16, 16, 17 and18 are going to the advanced screening tomorrow at the Odeon at 3:30. So you say all you have to do is buy a kid's meal and is the figure just placed in the box in a polybag or do you have to ask for it. I'd love both. So in Theory I buy two meals and get both figures?

yeah you shouldn't have to ask its all part of the deal and if you want 2 you have to buy 2 but before you do would ask if they have the lego just to be sure, the deals is not too bad for what you get

Thanks for the heads up :) My friends are all going to do the same. technically we are all teens under 18 year of age(until July for me anyways) so I see no reason they wouldn't give us the figures if we buy kid meals. I'm really looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. My friends haven't been this excited since avengers!

Dang someone buy me a meal, you can keep the food.

Picked the Super Cycle Chase at Toys R Us with 20%, $40 isn't bad for a set that big.

Does anyone have (a scan of) the building instructions for the Toys-R-Us Emmet's Car build? I was delayed getting out of the house, figured I wouldn't be able to get the set but wasn't too fussed, figured there'd be spare copies of instruction sheets, and when I got to the store the completely unhelpful and unenthusiastic staff informed me they'd thrown away their extra instruction sheets already. :hmpf_bad: