Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

So now i will need 3 of each set. two for display showing both of the alternate builds, and 1 for stockpiling.

Damn you LEGO im gona need a lot of money for all off this. :D

Anyhow, i love all the sets and im so looking forward to the movie.

For people who live in Denmark, i was told yesterday that both the sets and the minifig serie will be for sale from 27th of december in the LEGO store in copenhagen.

Oh...!

Thank you for that information, then I might need to save some money for at trip to Copenhagen :blush:

And I do agree, those sets - whoa! I think it's going to be a pretty expensive year.

I've found 3 high res pictures from 3 sets here. The gallery is under the article, where you can zoom in or put to full screen. (the text are the same as on the lego movie homepage).

Update: pictures are here.

Edited by Yooha

Thanks for those links 'Yooha', pity the garbage truck and ice cream van aren't in their regular vehicle modes.....but I guess we'll have to wait for those eh ? :wink:

I've found 3 high res pictures from 3 sets here. The gallery is under the article, where you can zoom in or put to full screen. (the text are the same as on the lego movie homepage).

Update: pictures are here.

There is a high resolution of all sets. You can find them here.

Sample: http://lh5.ggpht.com/-MJ0Pgm-y3ZE/UpQFRA_sEUI/AAAAAAAAz4U/Qi-f55zpzB8/s3000/70804_alt1.png

Edited by vagrant

I normally hate flickfires but: flickfire plungers, flickfire popsicles! A unique mustache element that you can attach to any minifig! These sets are awesome :laugh:

A unique mustache element that you can attach to any minifig!

What mustache element ? :look: (I only see a mustache printed on the chef's head)

What mustache element ? :look: (I only see a mustache printed on the chef's head)

The Robot Sheriff in the Escape Glider set.

-Sci

I still think Lego will release alternate builds later on (or in the instructions). But I'll be glad either way, I mean I just love building things on my own, but I'm usually a stick-to-the-book kind of guy, this year will be fun. I mean I've never made a MOC, so it's something new.

Like them or not, stickers are much more economical than prints that may only ever be used in one set. What could the Ice Cream Machine stickers be used for other than an ice cream truck? How many sets will ever need a "Where are my Pants" sticker? Personally, I'm a fan of stickers in a lot of cases, since they give you the option of using them on a piece or leaving the piece blank. And the stickers have come a long way since my youth, when a lot of stickers were STAMPs (like in 6350) or were shaped so that they were hard to align (like in 2161).

When I was younger, I'd let my dad put the stickers on sets, since he had a steadier hand than me and could get them straight (and in the case of STAMPs, he'd take a knife to the point where the bricks met so that the set could be taken apart). It was a surprise to me when I joined the AFOL community and found that adult fans seemed to complain about stickers way more than kids!

The prices for the lego movie sets are:

Getaway Glider $12.99

Melting Room $12.99

Bad Cop's Pursuit $29.99

Ice Cream Machine $29.99

Trash Chomper $29.99

Castle Cavalry $29.99

Flying Flusher $29.99

Creative Ambush $39.99

Resccue Reinforcements $69.99

I dont mind stickers as long as they:

1.Aren't used on really tiny parts (1 x 1 tiles for example) where they are hard to apply

2.Aren't used where they cross multiple pieces

and 3.Aren't used on odd-shaped parts where its hard to properly align the stickers.

I have to get the Cloud Palace set to get a regular Emmet and Wyldstyle and some of the LEGO Movie minifigures series (Maybe either 8 of them).

Edited by JeagerEX

I noticed that the sets with robo SWAT figs appeal to me rather less than the sets with the micro managers. Funny, since the robo figs are pretty neat, its just that the sets they appear it seem less interesting. All in all great figs, zany sets, cool transforming functions, and great parts. This line would be a hit even if there was no movie.

Bad Cop's Pursuit $29.99

Ehh.... Not liking the Police Pursuit at $30. Though it does have a high piece count for a $20 set, I would have loved to see it at $20 or even $25.

Will those sets are available at Toys R US this December 29 or Jan? I cannot wait for that kind of promotion that will get a free movie ticket when you buy any of the LEGO Movie sets including LEGO Movie minifigures series for $20 and above.

Edited by JeagerEX

Stickers are part of Lord Business' evil plan to sneak a little glue into the sets. :devil:

Not that it matters to me, since the two sets I'm definitely going to get are Cloud Cuckoo Palace and MetalBeard's Duel, both of which don't appear to have any.

On another note, there's a gap in the numbering: no 70810. Could that set number be reserved for an exclusive? Possibly one featuring Benny?

Ooh, I'm liking those prices! Definitely getting Bad Cop Pursuit, Ice Cream Machine, Super Cycle Chase, and Lord Business evil lair now. Maybe even Melting Room, I thought that would be $20.

Ooh, I'm liking those prices! Maybe even Melting Room, I thought that would be $20.

Gosh, you're right! Five $29.99 sets. Five. And the Melting Room is $12.99. *oh2* The price per pieces are all very good too! Great job Lego! :classic::thumbup:

And did the release date for Minifigures Series 12 get changed too?

Edited by Lego Spy