Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

YES! The lair is NOT $90! $70 sounds like an infinitely better deal. :classic: . All these sets have great Price-per-part ratios!

Wow, ironic those were the 4 I was most excited for (would've been more ironic had they put up the saloon). Can't wait to pick these up, and January 2014 seems odd to me, I'm sure they'll be out at least a week before Christmas.

Nice find Sci!

YES! The lair is NOT $90! $70 sounds like an infinitely better deal. :classic: . All these sets have great Price-per-part ratios!

Holy crap, just what I was thinking. Yes! Now I'm definitely going to get it. :sweet:

The January 1st release date means it will probably be released in the same vein Chima was in the US, so these will probably be out right after Christmas.

Hmmmm, I may just have to settle for the $20 Cloud Cuckoo set. However, it comes with Wyldestyle and Emmett, and my daughter will love the snail and Unikitty.

Also, looking at the boxes... Darn. That box design still hasn't grown on me. It makes it look very cluttered and the colors seem out of place compared to the sets.

The release date has been changed from January 1st to December 29. :wink:

And I was hoping to spend the rest of this year to catch up on missing sets from 2012, and next year to catch up on missing sets from 2013, and prohibit myself from buying 2014 sets so I can catch up on what 2013 had to offer. But after seeing these sets, I think I may break these rules, especially for such good prices, I think I'm in love :wub:

The release date has been changed from January 1st to December 29. :wink:

But it only applies for the 4 sets only. And the CMF Series is on Jan 1, 2014.

Woah! Super Cycle Chase is $50? Way overpri- Never mind, still the 10¢ per piece rule. :tongue:

By the way, did you see on Lego S@H's Lord Business' Evil Lair page that Unikitty's office name is "Biznis Kitty"? Biznis. Oh speaking of which, did you see that it's name is Biznis Kitty? As a side note, you know that cat? It's name is Biznis Kitty. :facepalm::laugh:

By the way, did you see on Lego S@H's Lord Business' Evil Lair page that Unikitty's office name is "Biznis Kitty"? Biznis. Oh speaking of which, did you see that it's name is Biznis Kitty? As a side note, you know that cat? It's name is Biznis Kitty. :facepalm::laugh:

That was revealed when the set was first shown a few weeks ago. :tongue:

You know that cat? Its name is Biznis Kitty. And it's friggin' adorable. :wub: :wub: <3

Also, the sets come out December 29th- my birthday! Going to the LEGO Store is a tradition on my birthday, so I'll probably pickup the Western Plane set, seeing as it's a retail exclusive so it may not be out before the official release date.

That was revealed when the set was first shown a few weeks ago. :tongue:

You know that cat? Its name is Biznis Kitty. And it's friggin' adorable. :wub: :wub: <3

Also, the sets come out December 29th- my birthday! Going to the LEGO Store is a tradition on my birthday, so I'll probably pickup the Western Plane set, seeing as it's a retail exclusive so it may not be out before the official release date.

Huh, OK I must have missed that, but still! Biznis!? :laugh:

Well, happy birthday one month early! :classic:

Edited by Lego Spy

Damn, no .au prices for these sets yet so we dont know what sort of markup us Aussies will have to put up with (or when they will hit)

Surprised no one has mentioned this bit yet [emphasis mine]:

Action! Build your cast with LEGO® Movie, with play sets including the most memorable movie moments... Help Emmet escape the Melting Room! Plot to control the world in Lord Business’ Evil Lair! Fire missiles from the supersonic flying Ice Cream Machine. Plus, build your own movie sets to direct your very own blockbuster!

Now, could that just be referring to the soundstage portion of the lair, or is there a whole other aspect of these sets yet to be revealed?

Surprised no one has mentioned this bit yet [emphasis mine]:

Now, could that just be referring to the soundstage portion of the lair, or is there a whole other aspect of these sets yet to be revealed?

I think it refers to the 2 in 1 component of some sets that look like they make bulding facades like the saloon and bank.

Woah! Super Cycle Chase is $50? Way overpri- Never mind, still the 10¢ per piece rule. :tongue:

If you look "Biznis Kitty" in the .lair set also has a different face than Unikitty from the Fools Palace set.

If you look "Biznis Kitty" in the .lair set also has a different face than Unikitty from the Fools Palace set.

Yep! Wait, the name is Cloud Cuckoo Palace not Fools Palace...? :sceptic:

Anyway, back to biznis ( :grin: ), I'll definitely try getting my hands on Super Cycle Chase, or maybe MetalBeard's Duel.

Well, happy birthday one month early! :classic:

Aww, well thanks! :purrr:

Yep! Wait, the name is Cloud Cuckoo Palace not Fools Palace...? :sceptic:

Anyway, back to biznis ( :grin: )...

Heh, nice pun. :grin:

The original name of the set was Fool's Palace. :wink:

Edited by just2good

The original name of the set was Fool's Palace. :wink:

Not quite. Recall this post (this one too); "Fool's Palace" is a translated name from a Dutch site that originates on this very thread. Given that fact I don't think it's accurate to say Fool's Palace was the set's original name.

Thing is, the set actually did have a different name during development. Check out the set info section on the left of this preliminary boxart...

70803.jpg

..."Finnland". :wacko:

Edited by Canticleer blues

Is that a swedish joke? :laugh: (no offense)

Not quite. Recall this post (this one too); "Fool's Palace" is a translated name from a Dutch site that originates on this very thread. Given that fact I don't think it's accurate to say Fool's Palace was the set's original name.

Thing is, the set actually did have a different name during development. Check out the set info section on the left of this preliminary boxart...

Hahaha... I sounds like an IKEA product, more than it sound like a LEGO product.

So, I was thinking about Emmet's eyes and I have a theory: maybe he has no pupils because he's the Chosen one or whatever he's called? Like, all regular minifigs have standart black-and-white eyes, whereas Emmet, the special figure, has only black.

Also, I don't know if you have noticed, but on bios page on TLM microsite is stated President Business is a famous businessman and Lord Business is his other secret identity, a criminal mastermind trying to glue the world together. I guess that solves the confusion of the name inconsistency.

So, I was thinking about Emmet's eyes and I have a theory: maybe he has no pupils because he's the Chosen one or whatever he's called? Like, all regular minifigs have standart black-and-white eyes, whereas Emmet, the special figure, has only black.

:grin:

In all seriousness, though, he's not the only one, Benny the spaceman has classic/solid black eyes too.

So the site has been updated with a characters page, and a majority of them are blacked out. Can anyone find the real pics?

-Sci