Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Wow. That cape is really long! And those legs are going to snap off so easy :/ But this set looks really good. I wish they would make sets like these for superheroes. :cry_sad: I might pick it up and use it for my marvel collection somehow :tongue:

It's another crazily inspired piece of design. Not sure I can see myself getting it at full price, but I can certainly admire the imagination that brings it to us. Can't wait to see the rest.

$90 is a lot of money for any set, let alone this one. I think the idea is neat and the figures are cool, but I don't think people are buying these to collect all of the figures like they do with some of of the licensed themes. They will buy these because the sets are neat or useful and the figures are neat/useful...I could be wrong.

I like the pieces being used here. It resembles a LEGO movie batcave.

I would doubt they will release Batman vehicles for the movie, only because DC basically is a batman theme right now, so it might take away from their other licensed property (which would have more money going to a license), so they wouldn't want to hurt their sales there. Plus, there might be a stipulation in the contract for using Batman's likeness in the movie vs in sets. I don't know any details.

Vitruvius will be a neat figure and it would be nice to have different eyes, but this can work too. I like Stass Allie also, but same thing about the eyes.We need more variety in skin tones.

The Lord Business cape is long, but they have used it in Toy Story and the Winter Village Market set. I do think the legs will break off easily. Not good for kids playing with it. I'd think they'd want better stability with their play sets, but if anyone has touched a Dino set, they'll know LEGO must not care about stability... those things fall apart by looking at them.

Edited by TheLegoDr

I love that the cop is a jab at double-sided minifig heads! LEGO's humor is just great.

I'm hoping for a joke about flick fire missiles :grin:

Speaking of which, I'm seeing hardly any play features in this set :def_shrug:

Hmm, he has a different face than the Collectable miniifg. Could it be from another set, or will the cop have a "bad cop" face and a "worse cop" face? I hope it's the former, and the cop will have a "good cop" alternate face...

What are those parts on LB's head? I see an obvious single round plate and some coffee mugs but the rest are alien to me. Doc mentioned the long cape has been used before, too? I wonder if they package it in a little box like with other capes, or they just toss it in there all willy-nilly with the instructions.

I really like the Macho Luchador and the Bizness Kitty, but not nintey dollars like. :wacko:

The Lord Business cape is long, but they have used it in Toy Story and the Winter Village Market set. I do think the legs will break off easily. Not good for kids playing with it. I'd think they'd want better stability with their play sets, but if anyone has touched a Dino set, they'll know LEGO must not care about stability... those things fall apart by looking at them.

The one in the WVM isn't the same thing, and it's a new piece (?) this year.

Also, it was never used in Toy Story.

:tongue:

-Sci

I hope the insertion of the Luchador means other seemingly random figures will appear in other sets. The description says he is a master builder, and there are quite a few of those like the Classic Space guy and others.

One of the few reasons I like the bad cop it's because he's being voiced by Liam Neeson :laugh:

I will NEED him if he has a double sided face, with Good Cop on the other side. :laugh: . Has any CMF ever had a double sided head before? I love how the movie is making fun of LEGO's dual facial expressions. :grin:

I will NEED him if he has a double sided face, with Good Cop on the other side. :laugh: . Has any CMF ever had a double sided head before? I love how the movie is making fun of LEGO's dual facial expressions. :grin:

I think the bad cop will be available on both the sets and the CMF series.Since you can see he has different facial expressions,check the links and you'll understand http://www.thebrickfan.com/2014-lego-minifigures-show-ebay/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/25675874@N03/10608000904/in/photolist-haoM6j-faF6pg-h5eb1Y-e53uwx-h9mdnz-haS8UE-bBnrUi-haUiMd-h8JJVD-fcX3cY-cdXa45-dzcSrQ-dz7oFX-dzcSx9-dzcSQ3-e5Tby3-akrJFr-8o8YQE-8Ddipt-dC98Sf-dz7osi-dz7oHp-dzcSNy-dz7oHR-dz7owx-dz7okP-dzcSAo-dzcSw7-dzcSA1-dz7op6-bWzQPk-cdXawj-cdXa8E-dKts43-hbfgpC-bpuGym-bpLAMG-hakvny-boVA8w-eQoQs2-faKrs8-ffSntS-hacwTT-bi75VZ-fekw8Y-faZ7Sm-9jVQVR-9jVQVK-fb1Pbb-fb1P1G-faLwHk

I will NEED him if he has a double sided face, with Good Cop on the other side. :laugh: . Has any CMF ever had a double sided head before?

Surprisingly few have, but there have indeed been some, such as the boxer, the Viking woman, the sleepyhead, and Medusa.

I will NEED him if he has a double sided face, with Good Cop on the other side. :laugh: . Has any CMF ever had a double sided head before? I love how the movie is making fun of LEGO's dual facial exp<b></b>ressions. :grin:

There have been a few CMF double sided faces I think? Didn't the female swimming champion have a double face? And the Galaxy Patrol fig? I forget if any others did?

Ah, so there's a chance! Now that I think about it... The Cyclops definitely had a double sided face.

I think Good/Bad Cop will definitely have a double-sided face. I wonder if his name is "Scribbleface" and he's being classified as Bad Cop since that's the expression he's on?

I think Good/Bad Cop will definitely have a double-sided face.

That's good because that way we get two characters for the price of one :grin:

Any idea when we'll see the other sets?

Any idea when we'll see the other sets?

I'm sure we'll see 'em when the other LEGO themes get official pictures. Basically, by December. :wink:

Heck, we may not see them until they show up in stores (like Galaxy Squad last year in late Noviember).

Heck, we may not see them until they show up in stores (like Galaxy Squad last year in late Noviember).

Yeah, now THAT was a surprise!

-Sci

Considering I have not posted here in a while, I figured I'd give my thoughts so far of The LEGO Movie!

I am indeed looking forward to the movie and the sets! Everything looks so fun and all over the place, and not to mention hilarious. Lord/President Business's name, as well as his funky headdress and boots, add to the humor of the character. Emmet is a sad excuse for a hero, but at the same time he is just awesome. Uni-Kitty is adorable, but I am wondering what this "powerful secret" of hers could be. Wyldstyle looks badass, and her hair and zipper/hood piece is an instant win. Vitruvius looks nice, I really like the staff and his beard. AND MORGAN FREEMAN FTW. Also cool to see LEGO joking about the dual face with the Good/Bad Cop.

Now onto the sets. The lair seems to have everything you could need for a huge battle scene. Lord Business is the highlight of the set for me, as well as the "Where are my Pants?" thing with Biznis Kitty. Those two cops make up for the lack of a Wyldstyle, IMO. The Super Cycle Chase is a pass for me. It seems to be too bland of a design. However, LOVE that Cuckoo Palace set! It's funny and colorful at the same time, and seems to be a great parts pack.

Overall, I am excited to see what the movie and the theme will offer us.

Only good things in the set with the big mean-looking cop car are the cop guns and those goggles, will probably just try to BL those parts (although I already have plenty of guns and I have some Brickforge goggles so I may not need to get these :)

The evil lair set looks great and has some wonderful parts that will be great for MOCs.

Not convinced the set with all the pink and stuff is worth buying, no enough parts in it I have a real use for :)

All in all, I recon the LEGO Movie sets (and CMFs) has to take the record for the most number of new molds in a single theme ever (especially once you account for things like the fact that the trans-clear minifig bases in the evil lair set would have to be a new mold as transparent parts use different molds to opaque parts and this is the first time that the part has appeared in a transparent color)

I assumed the long cape looked like the build a Zurg cape from Toy Story and the awnings on the carousel look to be long capes as well, granted I haven't build either of those sets. So it was just an assumption.