Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Stickers Stickers Stickers!!!!

Now this is a total letdown. IMO this would have been a saving grace for Benny's Spaceship and making it much more valuable and desirable. Most of us who were kids during the classic space years were probably looking forward to those printed pieces. C'mon LEGO!

I saw some pics on google+ that the new movie sets were out in a Lego Store in Canada. Also some other new sets.

I saw some pics on google+ that the new movie sets were out in a Lego Store in Canada. Also some other new sets.

That's what I'm hearing, yes, and it's multiple stores that have stock available.

Does anyone realize that having the Classic Space Logos as stickers allows us to apply them on parts we want?

I'd say that's more of a plus than a letdown.

Does anyone realize that having the Classic Space Logos as stickers allows us to apply them on parts we want?

Ehhhhhh... Well, it's nice that you can find the silver lining and all, but... :)

Very strange if the Classic Space Logos is stickers on all pieces :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

On this video:

In full HD it very clearly is stickers on the tail fins and most other places but the Classic Space Logo on the slope pieces very much looks like print.

Even up close I can not see any sticker edges, finger marks or sticker shine in the light.

Edited by Dane

Turns out the Classic Space logos are in fact printed on the slopes. There were pictures posted on reddit and in the Sci-Fi forum.

Unless the stickers on the fins are the same Saturn shape as the logo, I can't see sticker edges there. The slopes seem to be a mixed bag, with classic space logos printed and the rest as stickers. Either way, it won't stop me from buying this.

That picture in the SciFi thread is pretty definitive. Some print, some stickers. At least the stickers seem to be printed on clear stock.

Edited by rollermonkey

Anyone can get stickers printed. Printed Lego pieces is much more difficult to do. I am relieved to hear some are printed.

Has anyone seen the new Movie sets in the UK LEGO stores yet? We're visiting Cardiff at the end of the month and we're hoping to get Benny's Spaceship.

EDIT: Emmet's Construct-o-Mech is listed on Amazon UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emmets-Construct-o-Mech-70814-LEGO-Movie/dp/B00H4AQ9AE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399905021&sr=8-1&keywords=LEGO+70814

Edited by Lance

Has anyone seen the new Movie sets in the UK LEGO stores yet? We're visiting Cardiff at the end of the month and we're hoping to get Benny's Spaceship.

EDIT: Emmet's Construct-o-Mech is listed on Amazon UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emmets-Construct-o-Mech-70814-LEGO-Movie/dp/B00H4AQ9AE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399905021&sr=8-1&keywords=LEGO+70814

Been waiting to see what the UK price would be £50 is good news

Super Secret Police Dropship

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Secret-Police-Dropship-Movie/dp/B00HS0XAOS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399912701&sr=8-1&keywords=LEGO+70815

£70 not too bad

Been waiting to see what the UK price would be £50 is good news

Super Secret Police Dropship

http://www.amazon.co...ords=LEGO 70815

£70 not too bad

Seeing as the USD prices for these are $60 (For the mech) and $80 (For the dropship), I think we can safely assume that the Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! will be around £90, which isn't too bad I guess...

I think the Spaceship will be £80 actually. Battle For Ninjago City is $120 (£90) so Benny's Spaceship should be £80 going by that.

Anyone can get stickers printed. Printed Lego pieces is much more difficult to do.

Exactly. Also, printed pieces don't peel off and get dust and hair stuck on them. And they don't go on crooked.

Turns out the Classic Space logos are in fact printed on the slopes. There were pictures posted on reddit and in the Sci-Fi forum.

Often the initial pictures we see are of prototypes and placeholders. They will use stickers for the demo models, before they go and do a run of printed parts.

But with that said Lego does tend to like stickers for a variety of perfectly valid reasons. Not the least of which us the kids really really like them, and they are the target audience.

But with that said Lego does tend to like stickers for a variety of perfectly valid reasons. Not the least of which us the kids really really like them, and they are the target audience.

Calling BS on that. I think kids like stickers in general, but not stickers on Legos. Stickers in Lego sets were pretty rare back when I was a kid, but I hated them when they were included instead of printed pieces.

Anecdotal: I know a pair of boys who fight over who gets to put the stickers on their new LEGO sets.

But really, I'm pretty sure it's a cost-saving measure.

And I'm totally okay with that.

I saw the new TLM sets on the shelves in LEGOLAND Billund, but I forgot to pay attention to the pricetag, but the boxes looked really really good.

Thanks for telling us. :)

They should be releasing in LEGO Stores soon then hopefully.

Picked up Benny's Spaceship today at a local Lego store in the GTA. The build was enjoyable and the finished ship looks amazing. I'm geeking out so hard while looking at it/swooshing it around (it's really big, but there are some good spots to grip it underneath for flying action). It felt like I was applying stickers every couple of pages, but there are also a handful of printed parts - including 3 slopes with the classic space logo, and a bunch of computer slopes. The main cockpit windshield isn't held on very well, so I shaved down the click hinges a bit so that the piece is easier to flip up/down and thus doesn't pop off every second.

Picked up Benny's Spaceship today at a local Lego store in the GTA. The build was enjoyable and the finished ship looks amazing. I'm geeking out so hard while looking at it/swooshing it around (it's really big, but there are some good spots to grip it underneath for flying action). It felt like I was applying stickers every couple of pages, but there are also a handful of printed parts - including 3 slopes with the classic space logo, and a bunch of computer slopes. The main cockpit windshield isn't held on very well, so I shaved down the click hinges a bit so that the piece is easier to flip up/down and thus doesn't pop off every second.

This is great news. Only a matter of time until a review is posted and the mods/MOCs begin.

Anyone seen these in UK Lego stores yet?

Unfortunately, according to the Watford shop staff, the sets aren't due out until July over here. So the earliest we'll be seeing them is probably mid-late June.

Further to that, the company I work for has the sets on order and we won't likely be seeing them till late June either.

Of course, take all that with a grain of salt. Anything could happen and they could start stocking them REALLY early, but official street date is July for the UK.

Oh, also! Again, take this with a grain of salt because my estimates could be completely off, but from what I understand Benny's SSS SHOULD be around £80 here, as earlier theorised. So that's good news, right?