Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Hey, so I was wondering about the Poly bags. Specifically the 'Micro Manager Battle' and the 'Super Secret Police Enforcer'. I can't find any info online about their release in the UK. Or, in the case of the first one, at all. Does anyone know how I can get about getting these polys?

Hi guys, first post here! My name's Steve, I've been playing with Lego since I was 2 (so 33 years). Before the Lego Movie sets came along with the intention of stealing all my hard earned money I'd not bought a set since back in 1999 when I got the Star Wars Y-wing vs Tie Fighter Advance, and then a few years ago the massive Star Wars AT-ST walker. I still love building models and playing with them with my 7 year old nephew, who I took to see the movie last month. We then went to HobbyCraft, and found a big display rack with Lego Movie sets on it. Well, it'd be rude not to buy one each! :D

So far I have Bad Cop's Pursuit, Metalbeard's Duel, Super Cycle Chase, and my nephew has the Trash Chomper. I'm very tempted to get Metalbeard's Sea Cow, although I will need to put up a new shelf for it to sit on, and when they're released I'm going to get Benny's Spaceship and the Super Secret Police Dropship. Not too fussed about the collectable minifigs, the 2-in-1's which appeal more to my nephew as he can rebuild them as either version, and the more scenery-based sets, but I may get more in the future. Also I like the look of Emmet's Construction Mech, but I seem to remember the movie version being a hell of a lot bigger which is a little disappointing. I know the same applies to the Sea Cow but iI did hear that if it was made to the design used in the film it would be something along the lines of eight feet long... :P Question is whether to leave some of them in the box or get them all out and build them... Build them sounds like a more fun option. :D Annoyingly enough, I had the chance years ago to buy the Ultimate Collectors Edition Millennium Falcon when it first came out, but I didn't and am now kicking myself looking at how much they go for... :(

Fatoran, I've found some of the polybag sets on ebay, I've got a couple of the super secret police enforcers on the way - one for me and one for my nephew. :) The only place I've seen the micro manager battle is in south korea (of all places?). Most of the rare/limited edition sets crop up on there, there are loads of people selling the Piece Of Resistance set for example. Ther is one cheeky individual selling Sea Cow sets about £30 cheaper than anyone else as they've all had the Benny figure pinched out of them, and the same person is selling Benny separately for about £50. I've also seen the Radio DJ robot, Western Emmet, and Pyjamas Emmet for sale, but some of the prices are ridiculous...

-Steve

My Lord Bussiness' Evil Lair arrived today.

EfjM94S.jpg

AVu6flC.jpg

z6vYHlq.jpg

I uploaded a few more photos here (Note: Spoilers for the film).

Edited by Cube1701

I guess that's just The Cat Upstairs. It's in charge of unpredictable earthquakings and other natural disasters for the Lego world.

Edited by Dorayaki

I guess that's just The Cat Upstairs. It's in charge of unpredictable earthquakings and other natural disasters for the Lego world.

The curse of the yellow Kragle. Crystallizes you and gives you a stench that haunts you forever!

I really wished for this D2C but 2 high priced sets for one movie/franchise in 1 year isn't likely to happen:

13098544964_61045ba11a.jpg

It's on Flickr and part of a larger diorama:

"We Can Make a Bat-submarine… (Patent Pending)": LEGO Movie Submarine Side View

Edited by Cammo

Due to the immense love for Benny's big scene, I can see the SSS! flying (literally) off the shelves. Those of you who want to wait for a discount must do so with discretion! I know that I will be debating getting this set the day it comes out, merely because it will be just that popular (Cloud Cookoo Palace popular!*).

*Cloud Cookoo Palace was the first to sell out at all stores in my area, even before the movie. Other TLM sets followed soon after release...

I don't know about every individual retailer, but as far as the big chains and LEGO's own stores and online store go, I don't think any of the regular sets are truly "Sold out" just yet, aside from the Minifigures. I fully expect additional production runs on nearly everything - probably everything the size of Cloud Cuckoo Palace on up, anyway. I suspect the smaller sets (70800 Getaway Glider and 70801 Melting Room) will be the first to disappear, followed by one or more of the shared vendor exclusives (70811 The Flying Flusher, 70812 Creative Ambush and 70813 Rescue Reinforcements).

Brickset just got word that the exclusive movie figure is indeed prologue Vitruvius.

-Sci

Brickset just got word that the exclusive movie figure is indeed prologue Vitruvius.

-Sci

Indeed! That's a great exclusive! :classic:

Due to the immense love for Benny's big scene, I can see the SSS! flying (literally) off the shelves. Those of you who want to wait for a discount must do so with discretion! I know that I will be debating getting this set the day it comes out, merely because it will be just that popular (Cloud Cookoo Palace popular!*).

*Cloud Cookoo Palace was the first to sell out at all stores in my area, even before the movie. Other TLM sets followed soon after release...

This is going to be another one of those moments where I buy it online the instant it comes out (11PM the night of the Lego S&H website update). Judging by the comments, and by the shared popularity with kids and nostalgic AFOL's, this might be a difficult set to find for a while.

This is going to be another one of those moments where I buy it online the instant it comes out (11PM the night of the Lego S&H website update). Judging by the comments, and by the shared popularity with kids and nostalgic AFOL's, this might be a difficult set to find for a while.

If it doesn't sell out before then, Benny's SSS will be the #1 toy to buy this Christmas, and I don't mean #1 Lego set. #1 over all. All you need is a character, who is also a spaz, to obsessively shout one word to get everyone's attention.

But oh how I do not want to spend the whole $100 for it!

I need me my SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!

-Sci

YES! Totally getting it. (Well, I already was going to, but now there's extras.) I'm guessing the collectors edition will cost $25 because that's how much my 3D Avengers Blu-Ray cost.

I got lots of TLM merch over the weekend. Super Cycle Chase, a few CMFs (need 2 more), a awesome pillow I found at Walmart, and the soundtrack CD. the SSC is a great set. I love how all three Robo SWATs can fit inside the truck. Also love the CD, it has the entire score plus Untitled Self Portrait, the Tegan and Sara Everything is Awesome, the movie Everything is Awesome (includes instrumentals for that) and the Unplugged version. Only bad thing is they spelled Wyldstyle Wildstyle and Emmet Emmett.

I need to get Escape Glider soon. After that I'm really done with wave 1. I don't really care for the "crazy vehicle" sets.

-Sci

It was always very likely, no new molds and the blu ray had to come with a fig, this must be world wide right, it is the lego movie its not going to be like the hobbit. Might order it from amazon now just in case its the one they already have up

-Sci

Great news, but its a shame that it's only in the most expensive edition. :sad: That and I don't have a Blu-ray player, so it would be pretty pointless for me to buy it.

-Sci

That's great news, I was really hoping for this figure, as I was intending to buy the triple-pack anyway, time to start saving! :laugh: I hope this is available in the UK as well as the US though. :look:

Edited by TNT apples

Great news, but its a shame that it's only in the most expensive edition. :sad: That and I don't have a Blu-ray player, so it would be pretty pointless for me to buy it.

Well, it also has the DVD, right?

-Sci

I was hoping it would be Green Lantern, but admittedly that was unlikely because his film portrayal was the 2011 SDCC one. I guess this probably means if and when we get him it will be a comic version.

I'm neither impressive nor dissapointed by this news. It's a reasonable choice for TLC who never put an exclusive unused character in DVDs.

I was hoping it would be Green Lantern, but admittedly that was unlikely because his film portrayal was the 2011 SDCC one. I guess this probably means if and when we get him it will be a comic version.

I don't think licensed/existed characters would make it to the exclusive places, not to talk about who should be in regular sets.

How much will Benny's Spaceship be in British pounds? Isn't the release date June too?

@Lance:

Given that the U.S.' prices usually match those of the UK's in digits, probably £99.99.

And yes, I believe the release was confirmed for June.

Edited by Lego Spy

Well, it also has the DVD, right?

Nah, if what the rumour suggests is true, then the Vitruvius minifig will only be available in the most expensive high-end release.

How much will Benny's Spaceship be in British pounds? Isn't the release date June too?

@Lance:

Given that the U.S.' prices usually match those of the UK's in digits, probably £99.99.

And yes, I believe the release was confirmed for June.

I think there's some inconsistency with the prices. Metalbeard's ship is something like $249.99, isn't it? Over here it's £169.99. Actually, looking through all the prices, it seems like the digits are always to some degree smaller here. So I'd estimate it to be somewhere around the £85-£90 price range. I'll probably be proven wrong though in the long run :D

Sigh. I have so much saving up to do this summer. Planning to get the full range, minus the two sets I already have, and build them all in a day/ several days if it takes that long.

Nah, if what the rumour suggests is true, then the Vitruvius minifig will only be available in the most expensive high-end release.

Right, but according to the linked source, that pack will include a DVD, along with both 2d and 3d Blu-rays (plus a digital copy - of course Blu-ray and DVD are themselves digital, but you know what I mean). AyliffeMakit was lamenting that (s)he didn't have a Blu-ray player, so "it would be pretty pointless for me to buy it." I was pointing out that since that top-of-the-line Blu-ray release also includes a DVD, AyliffeMakit could still use it; (s)he would just have a couple extra discs (I am of course assuming Ayliffe does at least have a DVD player).

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Right, but according to the linked source, that pack will include a DVD, along with both 2d and 3d Blu-rays (plus a digital copy - of course Blu-ray and DVD are themselves digital, but you know what I mean). AyliffeMakit was lamenting that (s)he didn't have a Blu-ray player, so "it would be pretty pointless for me to buy it." I was pointing out that since that top-of-the-line Blu-ray release also includes a DVD, AyliffeMakit could still use it; (s)he would just have a couple extra discs (I am of course assuming Ayliffe does at least have a DVD player).

Ahhh, I see. My mistake! Yep, it looks like it comes with a DVD too, so that's good at least.