Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

I haven't looked through all the pages, so I have no clue as to if this has been posted, but better pics of the summer sets are on this guys flickr from Toy Fair: http://www.flickr.co...s/61839591@N08/ You can also see space suit Wild-Style, with what looks like a plane blue hood in this pic: http://www.flickr.co...08/12212490193/ (off to the right, next to Benny). It appears Johnny's got back printing too!

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

The Polybag with Emmet and the Piece of Resistance is now promo when you buy more than 30 EUR online:

http://shop.lego.com...Movie-Free-Gift

Emmet in the Spaceship set looks like he is smeared with metallic paint rather than a robot:

30thv1w.png

Edited by Cammo

The Polybag with Emmet and the Piece of Resistance is now promo when you buy more than 30 EUR online:

http://shop.lego.com...Movie-Free-Gift

Emmet in the Spaceship set looks like he is smeared with metallic paint rather than a robot:

Shown at the end of this tv clip Edited by LuxorV

Thanks makes me wonder why its in the space set, is there a space emmer in the film

Do we know how long we have to wait for the spaceship set?

Thanks makes me wonder why its in the space set, is there a space emmer in the film

Well I think the space set is going to be in the summer sets (well it got to be because we already got the first wave the Lego Movie sets). I also wonder why he is in the Space Set and maybe we see why in the film.

the rest of the revealed movie sets relese on the 17th. atleast thats what i was told at the lego store yesterday. the one at concord mills in nc already has them in the back room acording to the stocker that was working

the rest of the revealed movie sets relese on the 17th. atleast thats what i was told at the lego store yesterday. the one at concord mills in nc already has them in the back room acording to the stocker that was working

That is also my Lego store! I hope I can get some on the 17th! :classic:

the rest of the revealed movie sets relese on the 17th. atleast thats what i was told at the lego store yesterday. the one at concord mills in nc already has them in the back room according to the stocker that was working

No. No they won't. February 17th is the VIP release of Metalbeard's Sea Cow, which despite previous reports, is not a Summer set. This was confirmed from a graphic of the Sea Cow on a European version of the Lego Store Calendar.

Lego Stores stockers have no idea what are inside their shipping boxes until they are open. The shipping boxes with a future release date on them are not opened until about a week before the release date (someone's gotta build the display set in their spare time!).

The Super Secret Police Dropship, Emmet's Constructo-mech, and Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! will release this summer around either late May, or late July.

Edited by Penkid11

Can someone please give me some feedback on the Melting Room set? I was wondering if it's a good deal: I already have the Getaway Glider which I really enjoyed, so I'd like to know if Melting Room is a good set. Thanks in advance! :classic:

Can someone please give me some feedback on the Melting Room set? I was wondering if it's a good deal: I already have the Getaway Glider which I really enjoyed, so I'd like to know if Melting Room is a good set. Thanks in advance! :classic:

I thought the Melting Room was a better set than the Getaway Glider. I felt I got more bang for my buck building-wise with it.

Minifigures are shown in the first minute!

-Sci

Finally! A proper look at the CS Wyldstyle! :grin:

Edited by LuxorV

It's a great little set. Inevitably it means you add another Emmet to your collection, but Wyldstyle in her hood is a neat figure, and you can use the set in Superheroes or Agents if you need a melty/cutty laser scene for someone to escape from. Or not, if you prefer.

Are there any sets announced we have yet to see pictures of yet?

Does anyone know if there will be any further waves of sets based on the film (i.e. future sets planned but not yet identified what they will be)?

I am looking forward to seeing the film to see if there are any possible further sets that could be made!

The film will be full of sets that will never get made as the whole film is Lego but I like the ones we have and I do wonder if there will be more set then we have seen based on the movie and if people like emmet will hang around in other ways too.

Rumor has it that WB is already putting preproduction in motion on The Lego Movie 2, so even if there isn't another wave based on this movie right away, you can bet on another one probably coming in 2016.

Rumor has it that WB is already putting preproduction in motion on The Lego Movie 2, so even if there isn't another wave based on this movie right away, you can bet on another one probably coming in 2016.

I can't imagine this movie NOT having a sequel. I do hope it's good. I think that this movie is tapping into the same nostalgia factor as the Toy Story movies, and I'm guessing that there's going to be a deep moral message to the film (creativity versus conformity). One neat thing about the Toy Story films is that they revolved around different real-world aspects of toys. The original dealt with classic toys versus newer ones (Woody feared being replaced by Buzz). TS2 dealt with the value of toys--play versus mint collecting. (Woody dealing with being abandoned versus living in a museum.) The third dealt with passing on childhood toys (being put away or passed on).

I guess what I'm wondering is what TLM2 will concern itself with. If it's simply Legos vs. Lego instead of a deep theme that kids and AFOLs can relate to, it might not be very good.

Not exactly news on the theme, but it has an impact on the movie and thus the theme.

Rotten Tomatoes is reporting that 13(Subject to change; will update if needed)critics have given the movie a thumbs up, while none have given it a thumbs down. This is important because many people are unwilling to watch movies without positive reviews and word of mouth support. If this 100% Fresh rating can be maintained, or even if the movie holds a high percentage with lots of reviews, people will think it must be worth watching.

As LEGO fans, this is our chance to show our support for LEGOs.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lego_movie/

Remember that tomorrow's Store Monthly Mini-Build is a Micro Manager. I have no idea if he's film accurate or not, but he looks adorable.

micromanager_300.jpg?l.r=834509841

If you don't have a store nearby, the instructions will be available here. (Right now it's showing the 2013 February build of a log cabin, but they *should* swap it out.)

(...and now I'm hoping that when I go to the Store tomorrow, they have a bunch of 4 x 4 plates and SNOT bricks so I can make some more!)

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur

I was in Wal-Mart this weekend and they had Scholastic's The Piece of Resistance which includes a Super Secret Police minifigure. I think it was $8.50 at Wal-Mart but I'm not sure.

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma USA! :classic:

Dave

Edited by DaveBey

I already made a post about the set earlier, but I'll repeat myself: I love that set. Three solid minifigs (My first Emmet, though definitely not my last), a substantial build considering the price and amount of pieces, and IMO definitely worth the price of admission.

What I'd like to know is if Cloud Cuckoo Palace is a good set. I know there's a review, but I'd like an insider's perspective. I'm drawn to it because of the figures (Unikitty, a different Emmet, Executron) but is the built itself worth it?