Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Im almost beginning to cry looking at all these sets.

I just dont know where im gonna get the money to buy all of them.

I love all these new pictures.

I think that the designers have done an awesome job this year. Almost every line for 2014 have some very well done builds.

Im happy :classic:

Benny's Spaceship looks great, but I'm disappointed that his helmet is broken. That really limits the usefulness of that minifigure. :cry_sad:

Edited by jodawill

Original source is Fedro Photo's! :sweet:

Thanks Fedro... If you're out there.

OT, but wow, Fedro has a really sweet Castle setup (assuming those earlier pics in his stream are of his own personal setup, as appears to be the case).

The point should be the protagonists in Lego's history. Even if the newly-added masters such as the protagonists or Queen Marsha from CMF side are regarded as "veterans" in this movie, they're still "rookies" in physical Lego history. I don't think they count unless Queen Marsha or Wyldstyle are going to have their own action line after TLM ends. IMO, the themes that really features leading heroines are the girls-oriented themes, such as Belvilel and Friends.

Agreed... though in fairness, Emmet, Vitruvius and so on haven't really been around in physical LEGO history, either. Most of the movie's major characters are new, with a few exceptions such as Batman, arguably Benny, and so on.

Sad to see Lloyd is the same

I'm not. If this movie (and theme) are celebrating LEGO's history, it makes sense that the various figures would represent the characters just as they appeared in sets before these. On the contrary, as delighted as I am to get all the new figures in these sets, I'd be even more tickled if there were more faithfully-recreated characters from older sets, and the more like their original selves the better. I actually kind of wish Johnny Thunder weren't updated at all, but instead used the exact same prints as one of the original JTs, with no back printing (even though I have a few older Johnnys already). But that said, I'm still thrilled to get this new one as well.

Im almost beginning to cry looking at all these sets.

I just dont know where im gonna get the money to buy all of them.

I love all these new pictures.

I think that the designers have done an awesome job this year. Almost every line for 2014 have some very well done builds.

Im happy :classic:

Same here. I absolutely love all these sets, and I feel despair over my inability to afford everything, but at the same time I'm just overjoyed at the obvious love that went into them all (and the movie itself, it appears). I cannot wait for the movie, and I'm going to do my level best to get as much of this line as I can.

My son is going to FLIP over that yellow robot with the minifig inside (Assuming he gets over his current "I don't want anymore Lego" petulance. I'm expecting/hoping that is short lived in our house) he LOVES robots. Will probably need help putting it together thoughl.

I Like the Police airship.

Edited by Sarah

Well, look who joined the party!

"I am looking for someone to share in an adventure.":

2644c47.png

Edited by Cammo

(picture)

(Sees Benny's Spaceship)

"Fly, you fools!" :wink:

Edited by Lego Spy

He does! It looks similar to the CMF Emmet, but it is different. For instance, Emmet's mouth isn't angled like on the CMF version. He also has an angry/fierce alternate face. :wub:

Yeah, I thought he looked surprised but I started doubting because some members were saying it was the same face as in the CMF-series.

Benny's Spaceship looks great, but I'm disappointed that his helmet is broken. That really limits the usefulness of that minifigure. :cry_sad:

Indeed, and the space logo is messed up too. :cry_sad::thumbdown:

It's actually an angry/determined face if you look at zoomed in pictures.

That's the highest resolution pic on Flickr... but yeah is that. Looked like an eyebrow above the right eye.

Indeed, and the space logo is messed up too. :cry_sad::thumbdown:

Though he is intended to look like a worn out figure, that would have been nice.

-Sci

"I would like to see a new 1980s spaceman in different colours too"

Yes, it would have been great to have lots of different coloured representations of the classic space figs.. Perhaps a scene at the end where Benny calls in reinforcements! I would have particularly wanted a green one but also orange, gold and light blue.

Edited by lifeinplastic

Oh, thanks. I was looking at a different picture.

-Sci

That's the highest resolution pic on Flickr... but yeah is that. Looked like an eyebrow above the right eye.

-Sci

I found another picture that has higher quality on Flickr. Doesn't matter if it was a different picture. Your first point is invalid and irrelevant.

Thanks!

Yay! I was wrong! :tongue: New Emmet face!

2644c47.png

:grin: :grin: :thumbup:

Edited by Tolkien

I don't know if this is the best place to share this, but I just got back from a preview screening of The LEGO Movie, and it was as good as you'd ever hope. If you have some small questions to ask, feel free. I can confirm that the guy there is Gandalf, and can further confirm that Dumbledore is elsewhere in the film.

I cannot state how amazing the movie was enough.

Oh, that's great to hear! I'm going to a preview screening myself on Saturday morning, and I'm glad of that, because I don't know how much longer I can wait! And afterwards I'll hit the LEGO Store...