Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

The set, though, eight figures is a lot. But why does Lloyd have no prints? The figure itself is 2 years old...

-Sci

Hopefully that means we'll get a new faceprint for him.

the set with 8 figs is just not full version: look at emmet

Unless there's an in-movie reason why Emmet's face is missing. (It's kind of creepy, though, and I'm sure they could have the same effect by making a one-faced Emmet and turning his head backwards.)

^well they were using a blank head for the pineapple in Friends, until they printed a pineapple head of course..

Four Robo SWATs in the Police Dropship? Everything is awesome! :drool: ( :tongue: )

Edited by Lego Spy

The guys at Brick Fanatics visited the London Toy Fair today, and got a little bit more info on the upcoming second wave of sets.

Movie No Sea Cow on display. Construct-o-Mech will be £49.99 and Spaceship £79.99 (Wyldstyle has a space outfit)

So if we use the prices on the S@H site as a guide that means the Construct-o-Mech is going to be $59.99 and Benny's Spaceship will be $99.99. Brick Fanatics didn't seem to get the price for the dropship but anywhere between $75-$80 would certainly make sense considering the set's size.

And the characters coming with the DropShip...the 100 for the spaceship is what guessed in the first place so tht's fine. The More I see the construct-o mech the more I want it...

am I the only that cant see the pic of the dropship can someone re post for me

I don't know if anyone has asked this but how are they going to do Benny's cracked helmet (if they even do)?

The Sea Cow set picture is official look at the bottom right it says the ship does not float!

PS I also help we get a Virtruvius variant with eyes *_*

Edited by MODOCTORDOOM

I love that yawning face :D

The set, though, eight figures is a lot. But why does Lloyd have no prints? The figure itself is 2 years old...

-Sci

That is a preliminary picture so it can have figs that are missing, not finalized etc. I expect Johnny Thunder to be the one from TLM book. I wonder how close the Dropship is going to be to the movie 'prop', they look exact.

Also, this is probably going to be how Benny will look (molded 'simulated' crack):

benny.jpg?l.r=-935641318

The scene the dropship is representing is when the SSP invades Cloud Cuckoo Land and they end up capturing Master Builders (illustrated by the Essential Guide). I like you could use this ship then to play with LB's Lair's think tanks for more prisoners. The soundtrack confirms the scene being a track titled "Requiem for Cuckooland" with a very sad theme reminiscent of the theme from the movie "Platoon." :laugh: I believe the dropship is also driven by Batman and Benny as seen in the trailer.

The Essential Guide shows Johnny's official and final design and he'll have his original hat as opposed to the fedora shown in the picture. :sweet: Lloyd will probably have his design like in the trailer, but it'd be nice to have a new face. I think Emmet will have either of his faces from the initial wave, unfortunately. He needs a scared face and seeing LEGO made two for him, they'd definitely reuse them.

The ideal release for these sets in my opinion would definitely be around the DVD release of the movie. We'd be seeing that around April-June, right around the Summer wave. :wink: Emmet's mech is definitely my overall favorite of these sets, with the Johnny Thunder set being a close close second. If it were to have a more enticing build I'd definitely make it #1, but the fact Johnny's in it makes it one of my favorite sets already. :wub: