Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Benny's spaceship looks awesome. My jaw just about dropped when I loaded up eurobricks and saw it on the front page. At first I thought it was an announcement regarding the resurrection of the classic space theme... as long as it gets made into a set and makes it into my hands I'll be a happy camper!

Benny's Shuttle looks cool, but I think its going to be expensive the ship is massive and I have pictures of one of the other sets

Emmets Mech

11599704414_aaa002e7ff.jpg

There is going to be a police dropship thing too I got a image

11600144996_51b749762d.jpg

These Lego Movie sets are cool I think Lego did a good job with them :grin:

Edited by warg1120

Johny is in the Space-Robot Police set! Now it's a must have!

The Benny ship looks too busy for me. The main flaw in my eyes it's the colors. More than 4 colors and set becomes a mess.

I do love the new slim shooting pieces.

If that classic space styled ship is a real set (and everything so far indicates it is) then I MUST have it.

In my opinion its the closest thing to a true Space set LEGO have come up with in 2 decades.

I look forward to seeing closer images of Metal Beard's boat

Zane_badge.jpg Hobbit_Badge.jpg

The new sets is going to be expensive :sceptic: but they still look cool! :grin:

I will buy them later I like the Cloud cookoo palace set and Escape glider

Edited by warg1120

Huhhhh ... This is probably the biggest Lego ship yet!! It's truly amazing, but I'm a bit afraid of price ...

7b49mfe.jpg

Thats a good idea the Drop Ship is very cool and the fact that it includes Johnny Thunder :laugh: is awsome!!

Zane_badge.jpg Hobbit_Badge.jpg

Edited by warg1120

If this becomes a set, that is probably the intent: nostalgia. Someone at Lego has to know this would be an AFOL magnet. For those of us who just cannot afford to buy that Galaxy Explorer we lost so long ago, this would help ease the pain. Note the LL929 labels. Galaxy Explorer was LL928. Perhaps a subtle hint that this is the successor.

Hehe, not TOO subtle, really. :)

I love that they named it LL929. It was really too bad they dropped the LL bricks after the first three spaceships. Hopefully we see more...

I would definitely buy that spaceship,but would probably swap out the kitty with a plain brick--just not into that cutesy, wootsy stuff.

Me neither, but it's kind of growing on me. Might make a cute little space droid or something.

Benny's spaceship looks awesome. My jaw just about dropped when I loaded up eurobricks and saw it on the front page. At first I thought it was an announcement regarding the resurrection of the classic space theme... as long as it gets made into a set and makes it into my hands I'll be a happy camper!

With this - assuming it IS happening - and the Cuusoo space walker, it might as well be. I know that's only two sets, but no doubt there will be some great alternate builds with the ship, so it could be a pretty fun Neo Classic Space year if you buy two or more. :)

Johny is in the Space-Robot Police set! Now it's a must have!

The Benny ship looks too busy for me. The main flaw in my eyes it's the colors. More than 4 colors and set becomes a mess.

I do love the new slim shooting pieces.

It IS a bit busy, but a lot of the Classic Space ships were, in the eighties at least. I think it fits in well.

All those sets... :wub:. It also looks like the ship is using technic panels.

Huhhhh ... This is probably the biggest Lego ship yet!! It's truly amazing, but I'm a bit afraid of price ...

I'm just amazed by the look of that ship, I can't wait for some official pictures! The price will rule me out but it still will be a sight to see.

Sets now available on LEGO.com in the US.

I'd post the link but my internet is so slow it won't load the link off of my email from LEGO.

Got the link from TBF to load and - holy crab apples, tha-tha-that space ship, er, Benny's Spaceship is bricking awesomeness.

Edited by The_Creator

Can I ask a question, well OK, I know i can. Does anyone know with the initial release sets, do they all have the ability to be built as a 'sensible' model (Ie. Like the dustcart & ice cream van.) as this will be a major feature for me in buying them. Looking on the LEGO shop website it is not entirely clear from the box art. Some look as though they should but do not show images that they can be.for example 70813 Rescue Reinforcements looks like it will rebuild as a fire engine, but does not show that on the box front and there is no image of it either?

Rescue Reinforcements, Creative Ambush, and Getaway Glider all are designed to look like they have been built out of stuff, but don't have alternate models. Only the ones that say 2-in-1 (Castle Cavalry, Flying Flusher, Ice Cream Machine, Trash Chomper) have two models - a whacky one and a normal one.

So I got the book today, and I'll provide some clear pictures soon. A few things- the Johnny Thunder design is slightly updated (thanks to bekindsorewind for pointing that out), Metal Beard's Ship includes Quesy Kitty and the Construction Mech includes Angry Kitty.

So I got the book today, and I'll provide some clear pictures soon. A few things- the Johnny Thunder design is slightly updated (thanks to bekindsorewind for pointing that out), Metal Beard's Ship includes Quesy Kitty and the Construction Mech includes Angry Kitty.

I am ridiculously pleased with the sheer quantity of Uni-Kitty variations we'll be getting. She's got such a clever design.

I am ridiculously pleased with the sheer quantity of Uni-Kitty variations we'll be getting. She's got such a clever design.

To keep us Uni-Kitty fans over, here's a picture I took of the variations. The other two are more weird than cute, but still. :grin:

a9P5TAYl.png

The Did You Know? fact on the left says that these five come in The LEGO Movie sets. :sweet:

Edited by just2good

ANGRY KITTY! Best version, she looks awesome!

Queasy Kitty looks... queasy.

Thanks for the pics, J2G! (Oh, and happy birthday! :sweet: )

-Sci