Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

For sure this is a summer set. What else could we expect from the other summer sets?

This is all pure speculation from me, but I really think we'll only see Benny and DC centered sets for the Summer wave. Four of them.

Hey guys! So I think I've found a picture of the Classic Space-style set that Benny will come in.

(Click here for larger image)

I found it in a Lego Movie book at Barnes and Nobles; it was on a page dedicated to Benny's character. The main thing that makes me think that this is the set we'll be getting is that both of those windshields (13252 and 6070) were found in Lego's parts database a while back in trans-yellow, as reported here. In addition, it has the look of an official Lego set too- and one that definitely hits a $100-or-more price point!

Anyway, judging from this picture, it looks like the main features of this set are:

• The front half of the ship can detach from the rest (notice where it says 'latch' and has arrows pointing forward in several areas, as well as the gap between wings in the back)
  • Two of the new 1x4 block firing missiles (as seen in the 2014 Star Wars sets, i.e. 75037)
  • Two detachable smaller spaceships on the left and right wings
  • A flip-up radar dish on the back
  • And of course, lots of Classic Space pieces from the 80's! An incomplete list: 3963, 4229, 4735, 4595, 4588, 4598, etc.

The whole thing seems to take inspiration from 6931 FX Star Patroller and 6980 Galaxy Commander, with the more classic colorscheme of 928 Galaxy Explorer. I've liked pretty much all of the Lego Movie sets yet seen, but if released the LL-929 will be my favorite of them all by far! :laugh:

Oh my... yes, I want it.

I'll buy at least two, so I can do some alternate builds. :)

That Classic Space ship is an instant buy the moment I see it!

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! :wub_drool::moar:

Edited by Penkid11

I noticed how it has new missile pieces!

Looks like these are 32494 but in a new colour amd lots of them in one set! I wonder how these are kept attached, as it doesn't hold on Technic axle or pin (i.e. no friction connection between them).

We have three of the final 4 sets...

That final set better be that bat plane - it's the most prominent vehicle in the trailer after all and could get us that Green Lantern we've been after

Sets look great, movie line had had some real surprises - the cycle chase set has a brilliant police 4x4

I don't really know where to put this, so I'm going to do it here.

Well, you've all probably heard of the LEGO Movie. And in that movie there's a mecha pirate called Metalbeard. And Metalbeard has a huge pirate ship (quickly seen at 1:55 in this trailer) *snip*

Well, from the looks of this staff pic with the designers that designed the LEGO Movie sets, his pirate ship is going to be a set, and from the looks of it the flagship of this theme: http://i.imgur.com/7b49MFE.jpg

Posting here because it seems relevant.

What I'm excited about is Benny's helmet in that picture of the set! I really hope it isn't pre-broken like the movie or just a new style crash helmet. Either way though, this set looks unbelievable. A total must-buy and an instant classic.

The Lego Movie sets just continue to deliver. All of these sets just look so cool! And the fact that we'll be getting a Classic Space style ship is amazing.

If that is a real set, it may well end up being close to the best LEGO set of all time.

:drool: !!!

Posting here because it seems relevant.

Amazingly amazing. First Benny's ship (though not the one in the background of the poster), then the mech, then the drop ship, and then Metalbeard's pirate ship. All fabulous sets. Thanks to everyone who found them.