Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Wasn't there supposed to be 17 sets? So we still have like 5 more to find :o

Four more sets. :tongue:

I'm guessing the rest will come in, like, Summer 2014.

The sets are way to wacky for me to buy. I like some of the individual minifigs but the rest are making me not want to see the movie either.

Bill

Lots of great parts packs here.

2014 is going to be an expensive year for me. Hopefully the LEGO Movie sets dont have too big a markup here in Oz (and that none of the GOOD sets end up as exclusives at stores that never have sales :)

In some sets, several CMF minifigs that are exclusive in sets and does not appeared in every series like the ff:

Ice Cream Van set - Jogger, Ice Cream Man and a female Ice Cream vendor

Plumber Van set - has a male Doctor/Surgeon

Western Plane set - has a generic male and female western minifig and a Kabob vendor

Fire Mech set - has a fireman and a farmer.

In some sets, several CMF minifigs that are exclusive in sets and does not appeared in every series like the ff:

Ice Cream Van set - Jogger, Ice Cream Man and a female Ice Cream vendor

Plumber Van set - has a male Doctor/Surgeon

Western Plane set - has a generic male and female western minifig and a Kabob vendor

Fire Mech set - has a fireman and a farmer.

I noticed that. I for one will be putting many of those figs inwith my CMFs and pretending that they are part of the Lego Movie series. Shhhhhh don't tell my OCD

Also, sorry if this has already been posted, but the model of the garbage truck (in truck form) is probably the one seen at the very begining of the 2nd trailer.

Edited by Archer

The sets are really weird and frankly kind of "ehh" they are all weird flying City vehicles fighting robots. However the mini figures look like new City-like ones which is nice.

And the ice cream truck has a ton of cool useful pieces.

And shouldn't this topic be in License forum. ;)

I don't see these sets similar to the Time Cruisers line. Those looked like some random pieces piled to each other. These look like - as they are I presume - alternate models of real vehicles and a castle for the Castle Cavalry set, with an overall color scheme and clever part usage (ice cream cannon, garbage recycle mouth). My favourites are the firetruck mech and garbage truck. They are so crazy! And the police crocodiles. Police. Crocs. My mind stopped then.

Oh wow! lol how ironic! I like yours btw!

That isn't ironic, it's a coincidence. Btw, I'm pretty sure you blocked me from commenting on your YouTube videos.

Anyway, this is quite possible the best theme ever. I love the absurdness of the vehicles, it's all fantastic. I normally stick to licensed sets but I love this so much.

Edited by KingPixels

These are great. Imho some of the most creative stuff in years. I am not even a mecha fan but these are alle so incredibly well 'themed' that you've got to love them. Can't wait to get my hands on them!

Did you guys read some of the discriptions for the sets, like how Metalbeard lost his body, thats why he has a mech body and a few of his body parts in the treasure chest, or how those black box robots are called Micro Managers and Lord Business is stealing the creativity of the master builders.

Did you guys read some of the discriptions for the sets, like how Metalbeard lost his body, thats why he has a mech body and a few of his body parts in the treasure chest, or how those black box robots are called Micro Managers and Lord Business is stealing the creativity of the master builders.

Here are the descriptions for all the officially revealed sets:

Revel with Unikitty in Cloud Cuckoo Land, the happiest, most positive and creative place in the universe! Join Emmet, Wyldstyle and all the master builders in this multi-colored playful paradise where the sun is always shining and a cute snail glides between the bright flowers. But beware! Unbeknown to Emmet, there’s a tracking device on his leg and Lord Business’ Executron has trailed him to the palace and is ready to handcuff him. Shoot flowers from the flower catapult to fend him off and help Emmet and Wyldstyle make a getaway! Includes 3 minifigures and accessories: Emmet, Wyldstyle and Executron, and 2 figures: Unikitty and a snail.
Arrr, me hearties! MetalBeard lost his body parts in a previous battle with Lord Business, but has rebuilt himself from old ship scraps to become more powerful than ever. Now, the giant Micro Manager is challenging him. Grab the pirate sword from the holster on his back and fire the cannons on his left arm. Protect his prized parrot and the treasure chest containing his body parts, and act fast before the Micro Manager fires missiles and grabs the construction foreman with its claws. Includes 3 minifigures: Robo Skeleton, Robo SWAT and Frank the Foreman.
No time to waste! Use your Master Builder skills to help Wyldstyle assemble a two-seater, flaming-fast dragster from the materials she collects. Help Emmet to escape from the Robo SWATs. Rev up the engine to jump over the spike strip road block and speed away. Dodge the Robo Police guns and their 4x4 SWAT car’s flick missiles and deadly dynamite. Includes 5 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: Emmet, Wyldstyle and 3 Robo SWATs.
Bwahahahaha! Welcome to Lord Business’ Evil Lair! Record his broadcasts in the TV studio and plot how to control the world from the office. Lever open the large door and unleash the Kragle. Trap the Master Builders in the think tank to extract their creativity. Dodge the trapdoor to avoid being sent spiraling into infinity then pull the plug on the battery and shut down the think tank before Lord Business carries out his evil plan! Includes 6 minifigures with assorted accessories: Emmet, Vitruvius, Ma Cop, Pa Cop, Lord Business and wrestler/Master Builder, El Macho, and BiznisKitty figure.
16 all-new, special minifigures from the new THE LEGO® MOVIE™, is now part of the LEGO® Minifigure Collection. Each minifigure comes in a sealed “mystery” bag with one or more accessories, display plate and collector’s booklet. Inspired by The LEGO Movie this collection includes: William Shakespeare, Abraham Lincoln, Panda Guy, Marsha, Queen of the Mermaids, Velma Staplebot, Scribble-Face Bad Cop, Wild West Wyldstyle, Hard Hat Emmet, Gail the Construction Worker, "Where Are My Pants?" Guy, Mrs. Scratchen-Post, Wiley Fusebot, President Business, Calamity Drone, Taco Tuesday Man and Larry the Barista. Every minifigure comes with one or more accessories and a display plate. Fun new characters from THE LEGO® MOVIE™ for your LEGO® Minifigures collection.

did we get a list of prices for the upcoming sets, I thought we did but can't find it now

I think the whole series looks great. I'm a relative newcomer back into the Lego fold so I'm not as familiar with older lines that these may be reminiscent of but I just don't see any negativity in them.

Mostly 2-in-1s for some great vehicles and mechs... some really nice MFs and great new MF parts. I actually want to see the film more now I've seen these sets.

From some initial rumours that licensed characters such as Green Lantern would appear in the Move line these sets make me think not. The civilians are the heroes and I don't see a Green Lantern or similar just being tacked into the series.

That said there are a couple of obvious characters omitted such as 80s Blue Space Guy so you never know what's in the remaining sets.

It's hard to keep up with all the comments but have people noticed the western plane set contains a piano including sheet music (from the Friends line) for the saloon which I assume is the main model?

Also the micro-manager in the fire helicopter set looks like a black at-st prototype.

The ice cream truck stood out as the most obvious must buy, particularly for us guys that like a bit of pink every now and then.

Now to just hope they'll make the pirate ship from the previews and at least one set with at least one classic space minifig.