Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Now could our missing blue space guy be in an exclusive set ? :look:

The three exclusive sets were revealed today... :grin:

There's still four sets left for 2014. :wink:

Thanks for all those pictures! When I saw the fire truck mech, I immediately thought it was a LEGO Transformer. It looks like how they would be designed if LEGO ever did get a Transformers license.

My theory looks to be right, the box art saying 2 in 1 is to identify sets with an alternate (more practical) build. I will be getting the Ice Cream Truck for sure. Interesting that Lord Business and Vitruvius are only in the biggest set. I also like the steam punk elements incorporated in some of the sets.

I think its safe to say its a 2 in 1 http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Yes, as the box art says 2 in 1 on it.

http://www.tamayk.co.../3/38510312.jpg

http://www.tamayk.co.../3/38510339.jpg

http://www.tamayk.co.../3/38510321.jpg

Now has anyone wondered why Octan sells ice cream and collect rubbish.......not a good business combo in my opinion ? :laugh:

They don't sell coffee......hence the 'Coffee Chain' shop, that's not Octan. :wink:

Kid's will look at anything Octan branded next year and think it's evil.....well in a funny way ! :laugh:

Yes, as the box art says 2 in 1 on it.

Did I miss something.....box art.....where ? :look:

:wink: Edit - ah, I see.....does that apply to all the sets......that might keep the western and castle folks happy too !

Edited by lightningtiger

:wink: Edit - ah, I see.....does that apply to all the sets......that might keep the western and castle folks happy too !

Out of all 10 I looked at, only those 3 had the 2 in 1 box art. (Castle Cavalry, Garbage Truck and the Ice Cream Truck)

Unsure on the other 3 as they weren't listed.

Most of the city and western sets look really great, but the Castle podracer is pretty boring - designwise and even as a parts pack it seems. Well, better luck next wave.

I am definitely happy!

All these crazy ideas and original stuff. SO Bad Cop's car is based on something from Space Police III? The whole set (Is that a rail track?) looks like a certain Agents set, complete with robocrogogators. The castle-copter looks like parts of the Mill Village Raid set also, and the western plane looks like a Toy Story set. I love how the feeling of an entire theme can be squashed into a single super-over-detailed model (See MetalBeard's mech- that is literally the ultimate Pirates parts pack)

I also love the continuity of the Borg-Hal9000-Oblivion robot baddies, they make me think of those cubes from Doctor Who (Remember these?), each with a special ability. I want them to reveal they've made a set of Gorgy.

Edited by Flobnomdob

I think you're all missing the point here. What these designs are is a series of City vehicles that are disassembled in the movie and turned into fighting machines to battle Lord Business and his drones, using ONLY the parts that make up the city set. It's like the alternate models that used to appear on the back of all Lego sets . . .

I think pretty much everyone got that point actually, so maybe I misunderstand what you're saying. And these are a bit different from old alternates in the sense that most regular City sets don't include ball joints and so on for an alternate build.

Out of all 10 I looked at, only those 3 had the 2 in 1 box art. (Castle Cavalry, Garbage Truck and the Ice Cream Truck)

There are 2 possible reasons as to why:

1. We don't have the box for the other sets yet for some reason or other, or

2. They didn't make a alternate model for the others because the are already similar looking sets on the market ( wouldn't explain the plumber mech though :look: )

I don't know if this has been said already, but I found out that the bushy mustache on the robot in one of the trailers is a actual piece in the glider set.

Is anyone else getting a bit of a Hanna Barbera Whacky Racers type vibe off of this entire theme?

Yes!

I had it with the ice cream truck. :laugh:

Well I've got my favourites, but the more I see of this range, the more I like it. Great idea to have some alternate builds in amongst them. Even if it was pretty obvious with the whole " baddies want to glue lego to fix it forever in place, goodies want freedom to wild style build" it's a great play idea, and will have my kids in a state of total delight. For my part, I want that ice cream van, Metalbeard, and the Wild West glider set. And the laser lab thing. And the bike and police SWAT truck. And that police hover car.

Dam, I want to reverse engineer the vehicles for my Lego city layout......at least I can build the ice cream truck.....bet you that it uses new parts too ! :blush:

these are awesome! this what my lego creations looked like as an 8 year old, brings back some pretty epic memories :wub:

man im super pumped for this movie!

So, I haven't bought a Lego set in over a year and I haven't commented on this site for a good sixth months, but oh my word, I think this may be the best line of sets Lego has come up with. There's so much creativity, so much originality and cracking designs. The only flaw I can really think of is the fact that there are so many sets that look around the £20-£30 range which will push people a little, but wow, I think I may just have to get back into the Lego hobby for these beauties.

I just noticed this on the lego.com description of the lord business lair: Trap the Master Builders in the think tank to extract their creativity

I guess this explains the place the macho wrestler is in :wink:

I like that silver chicken on the weather vane on the glider. And a new mustache piece. And we get lots of new pieces in this theme! These sets are so wonderfully bizarre! The garbage truck vehicle is great, too.

This is mostly what I do with my City sets, anyway, so I'm on board. Seriously, I kind of want to marry this theme, regardless of movie tie-in.

I'll also probably replace the trans-red on those box-bots with trans-neon-orange, because they're practically Black Fantasy already.

I have a pretty good theory as to why all the vehicles have a wacky assault mode, but I'll save it.

These are pretty fun looking. My favorite has to be the firetruck mech. Too bad it looks like it will be on the expensive end.

Thankfully one of my other favorites, the glider, looks to be at the 10-12 dollar range. So many great parts in that one. I do hope the torsos on the robots don't have gray "skin" showing so they can be more easily integrated into a real western town. Between those and the Lone Ranger sets, we've got quite a few options for western townsfolk. I can't wait for a larger/alternate picture of the western plan set as well to get a better look at those minifigs.

I have a pretty good theory as to why all the vehicles have a wacky assault mode, but I'll save it.

My guess is that Emmet's red block on his back is actually an 'i' (for imagination) and anything it touches get transformed into something wacky. Wait a sec, didn't the Transformer movie have something similar where anything it touches will turn into a transformer? Hmm.

OK - while these sets certainly look unqiue and imaginative, there's just not a lot going on there that appeals to me. Maybe the small cowboy set for the cool torsos and hats but other than that I can't see anything that is shouting out "buy me" when I look at this (might change once I see some of the 2in1 builds, I guess).