Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

I like them. They all have a feeling of immense creativity and imagination, along with an amazing amalgamation of multiple themes. I love the new moustache on the Western bot, and Wyldstyle's hood is really cool. I'll only likely get a few of the sets, along with all the CMFs.

Also this is only 8 sets, plus the 2 we've seen before. That is 10 of the supposed 17 sets planned. So we should see more sets unveiled.

Edited by Fives

With all the vehicles, I suspect a big scene in the movie involves some sort of cannonball-run-esk race or an attack run by a rag tag collection of heroes.

Most of the vehicles transform into an alternate/attack mode, which is pretty cool and reminds of me of galaxy squad. And it looks like Wyldstyle will have a new hoody that has her signature hair peeking. Must get that!

I like that they are keeping the old style revolver instead of switching all of them to the new Lone Ranger mold. It has a lot more uses since the end will fit into a headlight brick and whatnot, unlike the LR mold.

Nah, it ain't him. Just generic western guy. Drat. :sad:

Oh well, he may appear in the second wave.

Ps: Did you notice the female figure in the fire truck set? Two words: FABULAND SHIRT. :-)

accually we have seen 13 sets:

1 super cycle chase,

2 Lord Business evil lair ,

3 cloud cuckoo palace ,

4 melting room ,

5 emmets glider ,

6 bad cops hover car ,

7 Metal beards duel ,

8 Ice cream ,

9 Plumber van ,

10 garbage truck ,

11 castle calvary ,

12 biplane ,

13 fire mech.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

BTW, for those wondering exactly where the images came from... Well, I think I'll let the links explain it:

Thumbnail for glider teaser:

http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/movie/-/media/franchises/the%20lego%20movie/products/product%20images%20-%20thumbnails/70800_glider_thumb.jpeg

Main image for Metalbeard's set:

http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/movie/-/media/franchises/the%20lego%20movie/products/product%20images%20-%20details/metalbeard.jpg

Therefore, the main glider image is at:

http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/movie/-/media/franchises/the%20lego%20movie/products/product%20images%20-%20details/glider.jpeg

Just repeat for the other sets.

Edited by jamesster

These look great! Unlike Time Twisters there appears to be a unifying theme for a lot of the sets - build a 'normal' vehicle and a battle vehicle from the same boxed set - which fits right in with the creativity theme of the movie. Although somewhat ironically instructions are probably provided: a purist Lego Movie set would just be a bucket full of random pieces!

These look great! Unlike Time Twisters there appears to be a unifying theme for a lot of the sets - build a 'normal' vehicle and a battle vehicle from the same boxed set - which fits right in with the creativity theme of the movie. Although somewhat ironically instructions are probably provided: a purist Lego Movie set would just be a bucket full of random pieces!

Agreed, although to be fair, Time Twisters DID have a unifying theme for all its content: everything was tied together by spooky imagery like bats, ghosts, and skeletons, along with lots of Technic action features. Time Cruisers was a little less unified: it replaced "spooky" with the much less unified "zany", and it didn't adhere to such a rigid color scheme.

And yeah, now we can understand what some of the press releases meant when they mentioned building multiple models from the same set of parts. I think this will do a great deal to improve the sets' appeal with more traditionally-minded AFOLS: after all, at least ONE of the models will generally be fairly traditional in its subject matter.

Well these are very werid- and very awesome!

I find it werid how must sets are a mech based on a city vehicle fighting a square black and red robot that's trying to attack a civilan. I'm guessing most of the set based on the big scenes of the film will be released later due to spoilers.

Anyway my thoughts:

Glider escape: Pretty good set with nice mini figures and a good glider.

Melting room: The worst set in my opinion. It's looks quite ugly...

Bad cops car: The bridge thing looks strange but I like the futuristic car! This will be a must buy because of the police crocodiles :grin:

Ice cream truck: Yes yes yes! This is quite possibly the best set in the whole wave! I love how the drill is an ice cream cone.

Garbage truck: Alright I guess. The minifigures are the only real good part of this set.

Fire truck mech: Wow. I think this is my most favorite mech that Lego has ever made. The only strange part is the flying house thing :sceptic:

Overall, I love this wave.

I'm really sure these sets will have 2 in 1 builds, one for the crazy vehicles shown here and one for ordinary city vehicles. I really think this because a lot of the vehicles include wheels and various parts to make an ordinary vehicle.

Initially these sets reminded me of the timecruiser theme which in my opinion is the worst ever. However, this time, I have to admit that I admire Lego s originality.

It seems to be possible to modify each of these sets to what they are supposed to be. Eg the castle vessel into a castle, the icecream vessel into an icecream van etc. It really looks like these sets will encourage the creavity of children.

I hope this line will be a success even though I have to admit that as an AFOL, I will be buying these sets only for parts.

Agreed, although to be fair, Time Twisters DID have a unifying theme for all its content: everything was tied together by spooky imagery like bats, ghosts, and skeletons, along with lots of Technic action features. Time Cruisers was a little less unified: it replaced "spooky" with the much less unified "zany", and it didn't adhere to such a rigid color scheme.

And yeah, now we can understand what some of the press releases meant when they mentioned building multiple models from the same set of parts. I think this will do a great deal to improve the sets' appeal with more traditionally-minded AFOLS: after all, at least ONE of the models will generally be fairly traditional in its subject matter.

Whoops, I MEANT time cruisers :) I love the Time Twisters Time Train!

Can anyone explain why nearly all of the sets follow the same format? (Themed vehicle chasing the black box thing.)

plumbervan.jpg

Finally we get that hairpiece in dark brown! Perfect for Coulson!

Wow! This theme is certainly something brand new! :wacko::grin:

I have to just admire all the creativity and color put into these sets, but most of all I love all the figs! Almost every one of the sets include unique minifigs, with only few repeats. My minifig collection is going to go through the roof next year! :tongue:

As a city builder, I am quite excited for the ice cream truck set. Even if the set itself does not have an ice cream truck as an alternative build, there are still plenty of pieces in the set to make a decent pink and white ice cream truck. Plus, this set has six ice cream cones and six ice cream pieces in bright orange, dark azure blue, white, and bright yellowish green. These sets look great; I love the "alternate model" look of all of the sets. Even though these are obviously the primary models, it seems that they have been created from more traditional forms.

As a city builder, I am quite excited for the ice cream truck set. Even if the set itself does not have an ice cream truck as an alternative build, there are still plenty of pieces in the set to make a decent pink and white ice cream truck. Plus, this set has six ice cream cones and six ice cream pieces in bright orange, dark azure blue, white, and bright yellowish green. These sets look great; I love the "alternate model" look of all of the sets. Even though these are obviously the primary models, it seems that they have been created from more traditional forms.

I would be very surprised if the Ice Cream Truck wasn't a 2 in 1 build.

I think the Lord Business's robot are kidnapping people, either to melt them or to do whatevers happening to the Luchador.

P.S.Is Lord Business a robot, because of the mask/face he has ?