Hello, here is the new topic. The original was http://www.eurobrick...wtopic=84735 but I hadn't finished it, and Rick already posted something and locked it, even though I was still editing. If any administrator sees this, please delete the original topic immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience. Rick, why did you have to lock it, I was still editing! :angry: Anyways, here is one of my first Technic MOCs, a tank! I've always wanted to make a tank, I finally got the parts from Bricklink and built this! It includes a machine gun with flashing lights, suspension and a working gun. I didn't have enough remotes and motors, so I just used a hand crank for the machine gun and a switch to the main gun. I used the help of gear ratio a lot here! Special thanks to Steve Nesta and Pawel "Sariel" Kmiec. Here is the video-

Pictures of the main gun mechanism-

p1030037.jpg

p1030040.jpg

Pictures of the machine gun-

p1030042.jpg

p1030043.jpg

Pictures of drive and suspension-

p1030041.jpg

p1030044.jpg

Edited by matthewclso
Changed pictures to links. Please note that the maximum size for embedded images is 1024 x 768 px

You have to remove the code tags as they shut off the codes:

As for the images you need to deeplink them.

(edit) This means that you need the .jpg url. just rightclick on the (large) image on brickshelf and choose "copy url" or similar. I would do it for you, but you gallery isn't public yet.

(edit) Oh and your youtube video is private, so we can't watch that either.

Edited by PsyKater

So sorry guys. I found how to post images on the forum but the pictures were of the old eurobricks version. Please help me posting pictures. As for the video, it is private because I want to finish this before I make it public.

Edited by matthewclso

Yes, finally! I have finished the post. After all that trouble with Mr. Rick and posting pictures! Thank you so much PsyKater! I will come up with an updated version with some covering, a better firing mechanism and maybe a better suspension. I hope you like it!

There is a lot of functionality in that tank! I suppose that minifig's name is Rick.... :grin:

Hello, here is the new topic. The original was http://www.eurobrick...wtopic=84735 but I hadn't finished it, and Rick already posted something and locked it, even though I was still editing. If any administrator sees this, please delete the original topic immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience. Rick, why did you have to lock it, I was still editing! :angry:

Please don't blame me because you weren't done editing and you posted in the wrong forum. I advise you to spend some more attention on your posts and only post the final version of your topic. When you're still editing you can use the preview function to see what your post looks like.

Also, I have changed your pictures to links because they are way too big. Per the Site Guidelines, the maximum size for embedded images on Eurobricks is 1024 x 768 pixels.

I shoot you down with this tank, Rick! At least give me some credit, it was pretty good! Besides, this was one of my first.

Edited by matthewclso

Next time, can you remove the slow motion affect on the video? IT can be very disorienting.

Anyways... the tank performs pretty well for a first timer, great job! :thumbup:

I shoot you down with this tank, Rick!

Can you please calm down? I don't like to be talked to in this way.

At least give me some credit, it was pretty good! Besides, this is my first time.

I'm not a Technic fan, so I don't have an opinion on your MOC. I recognise you're new to the forum and I'm just trying to point you in the right direction. When I closed your original thread, I already pointed you to the links in my signature with a lot of information about posting, image sizes, etc.

Couldn't you just delete the original post instead of locking it and leaving it there? Why do you have to swoop in from the Town Forum?

If you first posted it in the Town forum, it was probably due to the reason that Technic and Town-related stuff are 2 different themes. Something Technic-related doesn't belong in the Town section.

Per the Site Guidelines, the maximum size for embedded images on Eurobricks is 1024 x 768 pixels.

It's great that the Eurobricks maximum picture size has been increased (up from the measly 800x600 pixels that Sinner had stated on this Eurobricks Member Guidelines topic).

Couldn't you just delete the original post instead of locking it and leaving it there? Why do you have to swoop in from the Town Forum?

Town is my primary responsibility, but all moderators are Eurobricks moderators, Technic not excluded. Since Technic does not currently have a dedicated moderator, other moderators have to step in from time to time.

There, I reduced the size to 800x600. Happy, Rick?

No one is forcing you to post on Eurobricks, so please stop responding like that to simple requests. I asked you to reduce the the size of your pictures because the huge pictures you posted take way too long to load for some members.