Tariq j

How did you find Eurobricks?

Hi all, I was just wandering if there was another topic about how you found out about EB if not then i'd really like to start one.

Thanks

Tariq j

I'm pretty sure I've seen a topic like this, however I found EB through google searches for LEGO.

Hi brickus thanks for the reply i'll have another look through the forums to see.

Thanks

Tariq j

I basically searched 'Lego forum' and picked the one that looked the simplest.

i like to read lego reviews before buy a set, them i noticed that many good reviews are from here. so i decided to join.

Actually I found EB through a link on Brothers Brick......visited for a few months before joining and I have not regretted it one bit......it's been a blast so far and ready for more in the future.

Brick On everyone ! :grin:

I emerged from the Dark Ages with a copy of 7051-Space Tripod Invader and I wondered what other's thought of it. A quick google search led me here. I put my feet up, made myself a cup of Tea and I've never left.

I searched Google to find good reviews on the 8110 Unimog U400 in the spring, to find out more about the parts used etc. before buying it, and among the results was a review on this "site" eurobricks.com.

I found out it was a forum, and started reading more topics in the Technic, Mindstorms & Model Team section. And eventually I had to register and take part of this forum :blush:

I searched on Google for reviews of Avengers sets. I found them, wanted to join in discussions, so I signed up The funny thing is, only about ten of my posts are in the licensed forum!

I knew about Classic-Castle and Forbidden Cove, and through them I learned of Eurobricks. I basically left Forbidden Cove for the Pirate forum here.

It was a great decision. :classic:

Hi all thank you all for your replies, here's my story: I was looking for reviews and found EB they were so good I looked further and joined!

Tariq j

I think I was slowly getting back into the idea of LEGO after a really long dark ages, so I was looking at flickr groups and someone that I liked on there had a link to a eurobricks post. Then I started checking out the site more and more and eventually joined after lurking for about a year. It definitely helps eat away the day when I have nothing else going on.

The laml podcast(is that still updated?). He had Hinkley on in one episode talking about classic town.

The question for me was not somuch "how" I found Eurobricks, but why was I hunting. Back in 2010 when I was more interested in Mindstorms and Technique I was hunting for information on the new 8043 Excavator and I found lots of info here.

I soon discovered the Cafe Corner and my interest in Modular buildings soon followed.

Andy D

I was reading and old article about Gerry Burrows's Garrison of Moriah and amongst the comments there was someone reffering how he left his Dark Ages and joined a community online. I considered the idea and looked for a Lego Forum on Google dedicated to adults.

I was looking for some instructions of a Pirates set I had as a child. If I knew about this community earlier I would have joined. I also found about Brickset at the same time.

I was looking for some instructions of a Pirates set I had as a child. If I knew about this community earlier I would have joined. I also found about Brickset at the same time.

I also wish I'd found EB earlier as well.

Something reminded me of how much I liked LEGO as a kid, probably ebay. I think I had been googling "LEGO city layouts", or something "LEGO". Ended up finding the Brick Factory instructions site and Brickset, eventually ending up here. After a week or so, of looking around, I joined up and haven't left. Thank you EB & LEGO for making sure I don't have two pennies to rub together :tongue::classic:

I showed a fellow lego fan brickset and brickshelf, and he pointed me to Eurobricks as part of our exchange. I have lurked here since 07, but I joined when the prince of Persia contest began, I had kept saying I would sign up, and the contest provided me the perfect reason to.