just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

For exclusives I think you all are paranoid over minifigures. It's a hassle for LEGO to make a SDCC fig without people being angry.

That being said. My list for 2014 would probably have to be; Blue Nightwing and Doctor Fate. As for Marvel, Mark 39(Gemini) and Minifig sized Groot.

Just a small explanation for all who cannot stand this list, Blue Nightwing. We had gotten one in the old Batman theme. And we have a very good new version that is his red version. I really like the red suit rather than the blue one. Doctor Fate is bound to be in a movie set so why not release the comic version? It's really easy to make a purist one. Mark 39 is probably one of the more beloved Iron Man suits that Tony never wears in the movie (if I am correct.) And if the Avengers do have an "out of this world battle" in an Iron Man or Avengers sequel, the suit is bound to show up some time. Minifig sized Groot is also probably one of the ones everybody wants. But once the cartoon for GotG comes out, LEGO will have made different variations of Groot (Big-fig, minifig, and probably plant form) so this is probably the most logical one. In the worst case, we have 1 exclusive figure that we will never get (Blue Nightwing) but we have gotten in the past so a very large majority will indeed have one.

People keep saying that new pieces aren't used on exclusive figures, but I have never seen Collector's cape in a set. Unless I'm mistaken, that is a new piece. There is a chance that Collector will pop up sooner or later.

It's from the wrestler in The LEGO Movie theme.

People keep saying that new pieces aren't used on exclusive figures, but I have never seen Collector's cape in a set. Unless I'm mistaken, that is a new piece. There is a chance that Collector will pop up sooner or later.

Does anybody else find the irony of collectors trying to collect to Collector?

*edit* Beat me to it :blush:

Edited by Ultron

Yep we had that before... still funny though. Yet sad for the figure itself.

It's from the wrestler in The LEGO Movie theme.

Wow, seems I never realized that he does not have a normal white cape.

Edited by KCMatze

Yes, but only one Marvel and one DC one given out this year. The Hobbit and The LEGO Movie take the other two exclusive spots. I would think that would be good news for this forum.

It's Worriz's cape from Chima. The irony has been mentioned twice!

Oh, I didn't realise :blush:

And the One-Fig-Rule (that's what I'm calling it now) is good for me too! Looks like we'll only have half the annoyance we had last two years unless DC finds a way to really piss us off

Edited by Rinzler

Only one DC and Marvel Exclusive each is definitely good news in my book.

The only deal with that is that we're still getting four. Two here (the DC one and The Collector), and two in the sets (Rocket and Batmobile Batman?).

Does anybody else find the irony of collectors trying to collect to Collector?

New tooling, ie new molds are not made for exclusive sets. Cut cloth can show up anywhere. It's as cheap and easy as printing.

And it isn't that new parts will never show up in a trade show fig. It's that those parts would not be exclusive. They may just show up there first.

The good news for comic fans is the damage seems to be at least limited this year. Of the four exclusives we now know, one is The Collector, one is the blue coated Bard from Hobbit, one is Unikitty. The safe bet is the last is a DC fig. Here's hoping for Ambush Bug or something similarly worthless and undesirable.

I'm glad there's only one marvel and one dc fig. That means I can stop worrying that the other marvel one being winter soldier but I just hope the dc one isn't someone I have to worry about like deathstroke.

Edited by halomaster96

I really hope it's not Deathstroke. I'm no Batman fan, but DS is easily my favorite villain from DC.

8BrickMario: Unikity has been announced as one of the exclusives. Collector, Bard, Unikity and somebody from DC. I agree if it's deathstroke or Arrow from Tv series I will die a little inside.

What if it's Black Canary?

She's a likely competitor for the DC mini fig from her Arrow fame and she's a female hero which lego usually have at least one of.

I gotta admit I ain't too fussed if it's black canary.

I'm not sure the figures in the little sets are going to be exclusives. I still think we'll see them at some point, whether a polybag or a larger set next year. Rocket, especially, would be perfect in a polybag after the movie's release and we often don't hear about those

until right before they're released.

Here's hoping for Ambush Bug or something similarly worthless and undesirable.

Undesirable? Ambush Bug would be awesome! Luckily, I think he'd require some new molds to be done adequately.

What if it's Black Canary?

She's a likely competitor for the DC mini fig from her Arrow fame and she's a female hero which lego usually have at least one of.

I gotta admit I ain't too fussed if it's black canary.

I'd love a more classic Canary over the show's version. I'm hoping she gets a set with a comic style Green Arrow in the near future. The visibility of the characters due to the show is certainly high enough to warrant one set in the next couple of years.

I doubt Rocket would be in a polybag, because we would have known by now and there's no new game coming out. LEGO rarely promotes a movie after release when there were already sets for it, but I think, if anything, he'll be in the GOTG Bluray. It make sense then. But I genuinely think he's gonna stay an SDCC exclusive.

You're the only one who loves SDCC exclusives in this thread..

Actually he's not. I've said the same thing and other have to. I have no problem with Lego rewarding fans with special exclusives for making a trip. I'm planning on going next year to SDCC and hope I can get something for me and the boys. It's the elitists that are making this such a big deal.

Oh hec, trust the 'exclusive' DC figure to be announced last, I really hope that the Batmobile exclusive figure isn't a Batman we haven't already seen and as for the other figure it better not be something awesome like Deathstroke or Madhatter. Now that my little rants over I really hope that we get to see the UCS tumbler. :classic:

Actually he's not. I've said the same thing and other have to. I have no problem with Lego rewarding fans with special exclusives for making a trip. I'm planning on going next year to SDCC and hope I can get something for me and the boys. It's the elitists that are making this such a big deal.

I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you describing the people who want a more equitable distribution of figures as elitist?

Or, you know, people who would've really liked a chance to get those figs without going broke. Not all of us have the opportunity to go to Comic con. Especially people who don't even live in the US. I was actually supposed to go this year but things change. Does that make me more upset about these figs? Probably. Is my anger and everyone elses on here justified though? I think so. And as you'll notice, most people okay with these exclusive figs are the people that have the money to buy them online or are able to go.

Edited by Ultron