just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

It's hard to believe that there's gonna be another Lego Movie set coming in January but Batmans grappling gun certainly looks cool, hopefully this piece is included with the UCS tumbler along with the rumoured figures of Heath Ledgers Joker and Christian Bales Batman. :classic:

Is that gun one piece?

And I didn't mean to sound stupid, I just didn't think they would release the new cowl piece so early.

I really, really hope that Collector minifigure is a preview giveaway at SDCC, and not an exclusive.

Lego knows that a lot of kids and adults love the minifigures (hence the CMF line!). DK publishing knows it too, and they advertise the SDCC minifigures in their books all the time.

Do I really have to explain again to my younger cousins why they won't be able to get the SDCC minifigures? Do they know how hard that is for a kid to see SDCC minifigures like Bizzaro in the DK books, and then someone has to tell them they were given away for free someplace. And when they ask how much more money they have to spend on Lego Shop at Home to get the SDCC figures, like Martian Manhunter, I don't know what to say. The good customers aren't being rewarded here.

Didn't the CEO say that they're partnering with Shell to get more toys into kids hands? How are SDCC exclusives getting more toys into kids hands?

Please, Lego, release the Collector outside of SDCC.

Edited by phanstasm

Its sad to see Lego is still releasing minifigures exclusive to comic con. Who benefits from this other than scalpers selling them off at ridiculous prices? I don't know why they don't just stick with giving away a micro vehicle in an exclusive tin like the Landspeeder and Sith Infiltrator from a few years back, or preview figures like Azog.

If they release anymore exclusive X-Men I'll be fuming! :damn:

Or elektra

But she would also need a new hairpiece

Not anymore. This piece makes Elektra, Gwen Stacy and comic Black Widow a real possibility. :sceptic:

33db5ep.jpg

Is that gun one piece?

And I didn't mean to sound stupid, I just didn't think they would release the new cowl piece so early.

No hard feelings.

I suppose the gun is the same as in the movie but judging from this pic the construction is impossible. Apparently the gun is supposed to hold the underside of a 1x1 plate through which the hook part is pulled with a small pin. They would have to release a new part or glue it.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

I really, really hope that Collector minifigure is a preview giveaway at SDCC, and not an exclusive.

Lego knows that a lot of kids and adults love the minifigures (hence the CMF line!). DK publishing knows it too, and they advertise the SDCC minifigures in their books all the time.

Do I really have to explain again to my younger cousins why they won't be able to get the SDCC minifigures? Do they know how hard that is for a kid to see SDCC minifigures like Bizzaro in the DK books, and then someone has to tell them they were given away for free someplace. And when they ask how much more money they have to spend on Lego Shop at Home to get the SDCC figures, like Martian Manhunter, I don't know what to say. The good customers aren't being rewarded here.

Didn't the CEO say that they're partnering with Shell to get more toys into kids hands? How are SDCC exclusives getting more toys into kids hands?

Please, Lego, release the Collector outside of SDCC.

They would have to release all the other SDCC figures from the years in the past before we ever get to see The Collector available to the general public and in the article it states that this is one of the 4 exclusive figures and not a preview figure. Edited by Kire

Thanks Lego! Thanks for supporting your loyal collectors! I've been a Lego collector since the early 90's and get shafted on minifigs I'd love at least to get a reasonable opportunity to buy. At least with the videogame preorders everyone has a shot. Many others and I would have to give an arm and a leg for some SDCC exclusive that we probably won't ever seen in a set. Just thank goodness Azog came in one. I highly doubt that a Spiderwoman/Shazam/Collector amongst other minifigs will ever be in a set. I know I would love this Rocket printing to go along with the other GOTG but I refuse to give into scalper prices.

They would have to release all the other SDCC figures from the years in the past before we ever get to see The Collector available to the general public and in the article it states that this is one of the 4 exclusive figures and not a preview figure.

It can be a preview figure and still be an exclusive. They're certainly not going to say it's a preview minifigure in the announcement. The term is a distinction the fans give them, but LEGO doesn't say anything about future appearances of exclusives.

Any pictures of the 60s Batmobile? I seriously might buy it if the figure is an Adam West batman.

Edited by _epicster_

It can be a preview figure and still be an exclusive. They're certainly not going to say it's a preview minifigure in the announcement. The term is a distinction the fans give them, but LEGO doesn't say anything about future appearances of exclusives.

Exactly. We haven't seen Lego's hand yet for 2015. Based on the past experiences it's extremely unlikely, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt (for now).

Edited by phanstasm

They would have to release all the other SDCC figures from the years in the past before we ever get to see The Collector available to the general public and in the article it states that this is one of the 4 exclusive figures and not a preview figure.

And releasing all the other SDCC figures from earlier years to the general public would be bad because…? Seems like everyone would love it!

As cool as the Collector is, I personally don't feel too bad about missing it. I'm just so glad it's not another Spider-woman or Jean. However, does anyone else think that the Collector would look better with the CMF series 6 Mechanic's hairpiece in white?

I'm extremely sad about the Collector. I have a bad feeling that the other figure will be yondu! :sick:

Hopefully the old Batman set will be sold later as well! :laugh:

I'm scared for DC though! :hmpf_bad:

And in what set, may I ask, would The Collector star in?

I mean, he's really not a character I can see in a set at all. Nobody was raging about why the freakin' Collector wasn't in a set when the first wave was released, but now that it's revealed to be an exclusive, everyone's mad? Why? If either way you weren't going to get the minifigure, why does it matter that at least a few lucky people going to Comic Con get it?

Rocket Raccoon I can sort of understand, in order to make the full team, but I imagine LEGO was in a tough position with that one. The number of sets they made were limited, and it's not like there'd be a second GoTG wave for the movie... Maybe, as some were saying, they could have switched the exclusive/non-exclusive suits, but if they were unable to, then, again, at least some people get the minifig.

Yondu wouldn't work since LEGO doesn't have a mohawk hair piece. Korath is more likely.

And in what set, may I ask, would The Collector star in?

I mean, he's really not a character I can see in a set at all. Nobody was raging about why the freakin' Collector wasn't in a set when the first wave was released, but now that it's revealed to be an exclusive, everyone's mad? Why? If either way you weren't going to get the minifigure, why does it matter that at least a few lucky people going to Comic Con get it?

Rocket Raccoon I can sort of understand, in order to make the full team, but I imagine LEGO was in a tough position with that one. The number of sets they made were limited, and it's not like there'd be a second GoTG wave for the movie... Maybe, as some were saying, they could have switched the exclusive/non-exclusive suits, but if they were unable to, then, again, at least some people get the minifig.

It's not about the fact that people won't have the Collector in their collections. It's the fact that a lot of people are completionists, and LEGO is making it impossible to have a complete set of figures.

And releasing all the other SDCC figures from earlier years to the general public would be bad because…? Seems like everyone would love it!

I never said it was bad. I'm saying it would be better to release all the past SDCC figures which at the moment seem way better than the Collector (he's a really weak villain i don't see the hype about him)

The only reason why I want the Collector is because I would like a complete collection of the GOTG and I don't feel like it will be complete knowing that there's an official minifig of him out there.

I just thought about Mistique they could use Irina Spalko's hair :angry:

Spalko's hairpiece doesn't really work because of the bangs. None of the short hair pieces are really a good match to be honest. The only way they could really pull off a short haired Mystique is if they designed an all new piece for her.

I could see them using Poison Ivy's hairpiece if they wanted to go the lazy route with Mystique's long haired look though.

27zyvc0.jpg

Edited by wesker

The Collector could've easily been placed in any GOTG-themed set. I suppose it depends on how large a role he has in the film, but if they made more I think he'd be able to find a home easily. Just because nobody was "missing" him beforehand (when there was always the potential of GOTG being revisited, if only in a sequel), doesn't mean we wouldn't want to have a minifig of him. Small themes like this are fairly easy to collect completely. As an exclusive, there's no way to do that without paying hundreds of dollars, and that's ridiculous.

Gunther, I think you're right that a white version of the CMF Mechanic/Daredevil hair would be far more appropriate!

KingPixels, technically they DO have a mohawk hair piece, just not the short stubby one appropriate to Movie Yondu (yet it's also not tall/'finny' enough for Comic Yondu)

I think they only picked the Collector to piss off the collectors. Irony doesn't suit them well.

I agree none of the current hairpieces are good for Mystique. Give us the one from the game in a real X-Men set and I'll be pleased.

The real question we should ask ourselves is what sets should we expect to be hinted at since those will be the figures which will be easily attainable compared to the SDCC exclusives which very few will get. I wouldn't be surprised if we got another Marvel Spiderman set for the Winter Wave to go along with the AoU sets, but I think that the AoU sets may be delayed to try and not give any spoiler to coincide with the movie like what they did with the avengers.

I hope we get that Rocket in another set someday...

I've been saying that about the SDCC Spider-Man... and Spider-Woman... and Symbiote Spidey... and Phoenix... :(

Edited by agoodfella