just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

It won't be mini because it's the one in this picture.

13905139795_00d5ba53ba_z.jpg

-Sci

Hopefully that's a seperate set to be released at some point either later this year or next year.

And the one being sold at sdcc is a mini.

It does seem like it will be a mini or a midi scale set akin to previous con exclusive sets.

educated guess.

we remember, bag end, darth mauls ship, rocket's ship and the mini starfigther.

all of wich were mini versions with 1 figure at the same price. right?

Correct.

It seems this year we are getting a Midi scale Batmobile, Ghost from Star Wars Rebels and Rockets Ship.

All of which should come with a mini fig that HOPEFULLY isn't exclusive.

Hey guys! How many exclusive *

super heroes* minifgs did they hand out in the last year?

Edited by rexusprime

MY GOD! My guess is that next to Guardian outfit Rocket and The Collector, Korath and Yondu are exclusives -_-

*kicks chair*

badcop.jpg

Edited by Cammo

Hey guys! How many exclusive *

super heroes* minifgs did they hand out in the last year?

4,Spider - Man, Spiderwoman, Green Arrow and Black Suit Superman

Edited by DarthBrickus

EDIT: Beaten to it

Really annoyed the Collectors an exclusive. *sigh*

Edited by LMB10

we have been given 8 Spider Man sets with the same torso

sets like Spider-Trike, Spider-Helicopter, Spider-Glider

but for a few resellers at SDCC they can make a effort

At the very least Lego should sell the exclusives in Lego Stores as a kind of "Comic Con away from the Con" type thing.

That would at least open it up for a few more people.

MY GOD! My guess is that next to Guardian outfit Rocket and The Collector, Korath and Yondu are exclusives -_-

*kicks chair*

badcop.jpg

I highly doubt it, since it wouldn't follow the tradition of exclusives Lego has been doing for the past two years. They give out 4 exclusive figures, 2 from Marvel, 2 from DC. Of those two figures, one is always a highly exclusive figure (Phoenix and Spiderwoman) and the other is a exclusive variant of a figure (Black suit spidey and AS2 costume). I doubt they will be making those figures as SDCC exclusives, maybe some other exclusives like a Lego store promotion.

At the very least Lego should sell the exclusives in Lego Stores as a kind of "Comic Con away from the Con" type thing.

That would at least open it up for a few more people.

That would defeat the purpose of them being exclusives since anybody would be able to get them, Lego doesn't care if you can't make it to an event. I wonder what the price on these exclusives would be though if Lego did individually sell them. Lego knows we are willing to pay up to $500 for a exclusive figure so even if they did, it would still be overpriced. Plus since these are limited to 1000 figures, one store would get a random figure of the 4 and probably charge $100-200 since you said "sell".

Great. Just....great. Don't care about Collector, but if AW Batman is the figure in the '66 Batmobile (which is sure to be the same size as Rocket's Warbird). I'll be pissed. That article really tossed around the word "exclusive". They meant large models (not technically exclusives but photo-ops) three midi-scale sets and four minifigures. Those 3 other minifigures are getting me worried...

And how come we get dark grey Rocket Raccoon minifigures if the sculpture has a brown one?

Edited by 8BrickMario

I know this question does have nothing to do with the current discussion but: have we ever got a marvel exclusive like Martian Manhunter? I mean this Shop@home thing

Well, if the 60's Batmobile is going to be exclusive and not just a preview. You'll probably can bricklink the pieces. Hopefully there aren't any exclusive minifigures attached to it such as a Romero Joker or a Adam West Batman :sceptic:. But the new Rocket seems to be the least of my worries after reading the article. At least we can get a version of the character in regular retail stores.

That would defeat the purpose of them being exclusives since anybody would be able to get them, Lego doesn't care if you can't make it to an event. I wonder what the price on these exclusives would be though if Lego did individually sell them. Lego knows we are willing to pay up to $500 for a exclusive figure so even if they did, it would still be overpriced. Plus since these are limited to 1000 figures, one store would get a random figure of the 4 and probably charge $100-200 since you said "sell".

But Lego claims to hate the aftermarket. Why then do something which merely feeds that aftermarket?

Other companies seem to manage to produce SDCC exclusives which don't alienate the rest of their fans, either by offering limited numbers for sale outside the convention or by making the packaging exclusive but not the content. Lego has had some of its most loyal fans point this out to them each year when the exclusives have been announced but has chosen to repeatedly ignore those comments. For a brand which has prided itself on its links with its community that seems really shoddy to me.

Why would the Batmobile be a preview? It's an exclusive mini-model with a hopefully-not-exclusive minifigure.

I know this question does have nothing to do with the current discussion but: have we ever got a marvel exclusive like Martian Manhunter? I mean this Shop@home thing

There was the Hulk minifigure.

Oh, I wish. But it's probably an exclusive variant, since Rocket is, too. Hopefully a preview. So that's technically seven exclusive minifigures, but three in overpriced sets.

Edited by 8BrickMario

If the 66 Batmobile has a minifig, just give it the 2012 dark blue Batman.

I'm hoping it'll be a new mini fig that will be released in the future with a full sized 66 bat mobile.

Maybe using a printed version of the new batcowl?

However if it's exclusive to that set then I do hope it's just the comic suit batman.

Sometimes I just really hate LEGO. When they announced the Rocket Raccoon set I was thinking 'great, at least I don't have to worry about any other exclusives'. But nope, there's still the 2 others. Maybe even more. F*ck.

Edited by KingPixels

But Lego claims to hate the aftermarket. Why then do something which merely feeds that aftermarket?

Other companies seem to manage to produce SDCC exclusives which don't alienate the rest of their fans, either by offering limited numbers for sale outside the convention or by making the packaging exclusive but not the content. Lego has had some of its most loyal fans point this out to them each year when the exclusives have been announced but has chosen to repeatedly ignore those comments. For a brand which has prided itself on its links with its community that seems really shoddy to me.

I know what you mean Hasbro does that as well as Mattel. Lego claims to hate the aftermarket on this merchandise as you said, but there has to be something on the inside. People have been saying that the raffles have been rigged seen in this article (http://www.fbtb.net/2013/07/29/sdcc-marvel-and-dc-minifigure-giveaways-how-lego-gamed-the-system-part-1/) Well all what we can do is just send angry emails and hopefully this will stop, but it'll all be a waste. Which is why there is companies that are making fakes of SDCC figures in China as we speak and I'll give my money to them to make more SDCC figures and support them since Lego is over here being childish.

There goes trying to get all Lego GOTG sets.

If there's Gamora in her black outfit I'm starting an online petition. This is sh*t.

A Little Bit offtopic: Where can I buy minifigures of decool or companies like that?

Edited by rexusprime