just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I think a D2C Oscorp tower would be an excellent opportunity to get a classic green goblin and maybe even a Hobgoblin or a big fig Venom that Oscorp is experimenting on.

Then in that instance Joker's implied violence is still far more, well violent. Bane just shoots people and break necks; these things and worse can be found in many other films p, including other properties/films Lego makes sets for. Joker stabs, shoots, blows up, sicks dogs, throws from windows, and lights people on fire...among other things. Implied or shown directly, they are far more violent.

Not meaning to start something but you can find all of those violent acts in Star Wars minus the dogs and add the rancor, wampa, and several other ferocious creatures. I still bring up the argument that Mattel made Heath Ledger Joker action figures for kids.

http://www.moviepostersetc.com/MoviePostersEtc/the-dark-knight-movie-masters-joker-action-figure-w-missile-launcher-ff8081813479660c0134ecc8593c485a-p.html?gclid=CMeNrpzEtL8CFasRMwodEEYAnw

You don't have to show Joker's stitches on a minifig's head to make it look like HL's Joker. Let's just agree to disagree.

Back on topic I think it'll be interesting to see how big this Tumbler is. We've been told it's a $200 set but I still really hope they make it minifig scale. I know that's very unlikely but the past tumblers didn't do the cinematic representation justice. The 24th can't come fast enough.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Not meaning to start something but you can find all of those violent acts in Star Wars minus the dogs and add the rancor, wampa, and several other ferocious creatures. I still bring up the argument that Mattel made Heath Ledger Joker action figures for kids.

http://www.moviepost...CFasRMwodEEYAnw

You don't have to show Joker's stitches on a minifig's head to make it look like HL's Joker. Let's just agree to disagree.

Back on topic I think it'll be interesting to see how big this Tumbler is. We've been told it's a $200 set but I still really hope they make it minifig scale. I know that's very unlikely but the past tumblers didn't do the cinematic representation justice. The 24th can't come fast enough.

Is it even possible to do a minifig scale tumbler with 2000 or so pieces? I don't think it would even need 1000.

Is it even possible to do a minifig scale tumbler with 2000 or so pieces? I don't think it would even need 1000.

Definitely not possible unless the Joker's semi or the subway train from Begins was included. I agree, 1000 pieces would be more than enough but like I said this is very unlikely to happen. We'll most likely get a set similar to the past UCS batmobile but a tumbler instead. I can dream though. ;)

Edited by Moon_Knight

Look guys I do not know it all, but with this new generation of kids(some), the less that we can worty about is violence, due to some kids being violent,knowing bad words, doing inappropiate things, what can we expect? As a parent, yes I worry about violence but we are not going to stop it, kids are going to know about cruel people in the world and there is nothing we can do, just sayin just my opinion, LEGO actually would not do it, the less they want is to teach kids to be violent, then imagine how many people lego would lose

When i asked my litle son who did he want to dress up as in halloween, the joker, rocket,star lord,ronan, robin, were a few of his options

With a lot more to add hah

The only thing we can actually do is educTe and teach our children

"There is evil in this world, but good always wins"

On topic, does anybody feel like we need releases of the last two minifigs from the Batman line that we haven't seen in the Super Heroes line yet? An Alfred and Killer Croc are both characters people have been wishing for since the start of the theme; and they are both pretty big in the comics. I would really appreciate getting them since I missed on the Batman line altogether.

Anybody have ideas on what characters based on USM we will get next year?

On topic, does anybody feel like we need releases of the last two minifigs from the Batman line that we haven't seen in the Super Heroes line yet? An Alfred and Killer Croc are both characters people have been wishing for since the start of the theme; and they are both pretty big in the comics. I would really appreciate getting them since I missed on the Batman line altogether.

Anybody have ideas on what characters based on USM we will get next year?

Maybe Cloak and Dagger or Carnage would be nice. But all I want is a new variant so as long as we get that, I'll be alright.

Alfred is by far the most (in my mind at least :p) requested minifig since the relaunch. Lego missed their window of opportunity with leaving him out of the Batcave, he could have easily been put in Poison Ivy's spot as she got the exact same reprint in the Asylum. The only other set I could see him in is if the Lego IDEAS (CUUSOO) Wayne Manor get's the approval from review which is doubtful. Hell, kill two birds with one stone and put Alfred and Killer Croc, as a big fig this time, in a $20 set with Batman in some sort of Bat-Sewer-Boat thing.

As for USM, the next season deals with a Multiverse of Spider-Men so we could see some much needed variants included next year.

If the UCS Tumbler rumors are true, that could explain why Brent Waller's excellent minifig scale Tumbler got rejected as Lego couldn't release two at the same time. I would have preferred that with TDK Batman and Joker over the gargantuan size that the UCS one is rumored to have.

For usm, maybe the new web warriors, iron spider,cloak and dagger, scarlet spider,spider girl or who she is, agent venom, miles morales, etc. Hopd they surprise us

Iron spider is so easy to make, we got the new spider leg pieces for chima, and in the battle for ninjago city set, the spider leg pieces come in gold. Iron spider would be easy and awesome. I think we can see Killer Croc (big-fig) and alfred next year. :wink:

Edited by amazingbricks

I might die if we get a USM Vulture.

Is that a good or bad thing?

I do think we will definitely see Tiger, maybe Lizard and Scorpion, they each have lots of toys outside lego. Maybe Aunt May and Coulson? Hopefully we get Agent Venom and other Spidey suits! 2099!!!!!!

Agent venom? i've seen him a couple times but i really dont know why or how he became Agent Venom? are we still talking about that mean angry symbiote stuff?

I really am hoping for a Lizard, Kraven and Rhino to fill out the Sinister Six from USM. And of course White Tiger. She MUST be included or the whole line will feel utterly lacking. I appreciate they want to keep stringing us along with one team member per year, but next year is year four so she is a must. If they can fulfil those two teams and give us any sort of spidey variations, they will be satisfying this collector ;)

And not to beat a dead horse, but I really think a $200 set with the type of build that would necessarily be associated with it precludes any discussion of the TDK Joker being kid friendly. This doesn't sound like a set for kids. Ergo, the set can include figs that may, for some, evoke non kid friendly themes. It's not like it's a Juniors set :p

Edited by d-delay

Hopefully they manage to include a couple of comic inspired minifigures in the USM sets like they did this year. Comic Green Goblin and Gwen Stacy are definitely needed and I feel like at least one of them will be in a set next year (A new hairpiece in the CMF line looks exactly like Gwen Stacy's hair, so I'm hopeful). I have a lot of hope for Spider-man in 2015, each year there's been a definite improvement in the sets.

I really am hoping for a Lizard, Kraven and Rhino to fill out the Sinister Six from USM.

Me too. I feel like we're just a few villains away from having a good rogues gallery for Spider-man.

Alfred would be amazing, but the games use his 2006 version, so if we get him, it would hardly be different.

Well, that would be fine with me! It is a good design.

I agree. Any version is better than no version.

But it's unlike LEGO to slightly update an old design (Johnny Thunder made sense) so I'm wondering what they'll do. I'm very excited that if Bats uses the LB3 cowl in future sets, he'll have a black head, white eyes, and a flesh mouth area, and no awkward sweatband, since the cowl doesn't cover the chin.

But it's unlike LEGO to slightly update an old design (Johnny Thunder made sense) so I'm wondering what they'll do. I'm very excited that if Bats uses the LB3 cowl in future sets, he'll have a black head, white eyes, and a flesh mouth area, and no awkward sweatband, since the cowl doesn't cover the chin.

I guess that is true. I wonder what the new design look like, since he doesn't change looks too much in the comics.

Hopefully we will. After 8 years, can we please get a new head for all the Batman minifigs to use?

Alfred would be amazing, but the games use his 2006 version, so if we get him, it would hardly be different.

That doesn't mean anything,LEGO Batman 2 used the 2006 Mr Freeze and in the next Batman wave we got a brand new Mr Freeze figure. Sometimes TT games have to use the older designs as the new ones are still being developed.