just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Hmm, none of these seem to stand out to me. I'll get the first three though. :grin:

Thanks for the info!

Thanks darth_tater!! It's a bummer to hear that we are getting joker and penguin again, hopefully there's redeemable new characters in at least the joker set. I'll pick up the manbat, flash one (obviously), and most likely the penguin one cause somehow I haven't bothered getting him yet. I'll wait for pics to make final decisions though.

If the Steam Roller has Nightwing or the Exclusive set... I'm definetly getting The first three and whichever set has Nightwing! I can't wait to hopefully see pictures of these sets and maybe a reveal at Brickcon that I can see up-close and hopefully talk about it once traffic at the LEGO booth clears up! :grin: Thanks darth_tater you just made my week!

I'd like to see some more Joker Henchman in the Joker set. I wish we could get some Riddler henchmen. I would also like to see Nightwing, but without the Exoforce hair. Anyway, thanks for the great info!

I'd like to see some more Joker Henchman in the Joker set. I wish we could get some Riddler henchmen. I would also like to see Nightwing, but without the Exoforce hair. Anyway, thanks for the great info!

I would think the Anakin hair in black or the Dastan hair in black would be perfect depending on which version they go on. If they were lazy they would go with the Skater hair.

AWESOME!! Three villains we have had at least three times before and a villain we practically already have (swap out Monster Fighters for blue trousers).

Terrible if there is no other Justice League members.

Thanks so much for the news! It's always great to get new Batman stuff, although it is a bit disappointing to get yet another Joker (although the steam bit sounds very intriguing to my steampunk side!) and another Riddler. Let's hope for new designs at least :)

I'd love Batgirl and Nightwing, too. I suppose they would fit in anywhere.

But I will, as always, buy all of them, regardless of which figs they put in :D

Edited by Miss Kyle

I hope Batman has new designs, please a design based on Arkham Asylum/City/Origins. And please let one set be based on Arkham Origins, the Penguin set sounds promising, I hope he'll get an Arkham design too.

Now I'm excited for the Marvel sets, but when can we expect an announcement?

These sets sound interesting. The Penguin set sounds good for me because, being a TFOL, I will have no chance of affording Arkham Asylum anytime soon, so getting Penguin in such a good set, redesign or not, will be good. The Man-Bat set sounds decent, though I am hoping that they distinguish Man-Bat from the Monster Fighters bats which a lot of people have been using as Man-Bat so far. The Riddler Chase, though we have already seen it a while ago, is one I have not commented on yet. It's a poor set, and for me the only things that would make me consider buying it are Riddler and Flash, as I have yet to get a Riddler minifigure yet and it is also good to get a non-Batman hero in DC sets for once. The Joker's Steam Roller sounds incredibly unusual, but depending on what other heroes and villains are included, as well as the design of the steamroller, it could turn out to be a decent set.

As for Marvel, I imagine that we will get Marvel sets as the Summer wave, just like in 2012. As for what we will see, I cannot really guess due to there being so many movies to draw from next year. And we still haven't yet had or heard anything about a Thor 2 set, and it would be disappointing if Marvel neglected making sets from that movie. Next year is looking to be another interesting year for the Superheroes theme. Hopefully the sets will be of better quality than the one set we have seen so far.

Darth tater, do you know if joker has a bowler hat or top hat?

I guess it'll be his classic mobster hat/ fedora hat or the Nicholson hat: I do prefer the 'fedora-like' one though.

Screen-Shot-2013-01-24-at-7.09.11-PM-431x450.png

joker02.jpg

Edited by Cammo

The Penguin set sounds awesome for the Duckmobile alone. Shame there's so many repeat villains though - none of which are Two-Face. He could've really used an upgrade from that ugly orange and purple suit.

Hopefully Nightwing and Batgirl are the two hero figures.

Like I said before, I'm sure that its a new 52 style Nightwing with red printing which made it seem like Robin. To me it makes perfect sense... I'd like someone else's opinion on it though.

I think we could see at least three sets from, Amazing spiderman 2, Guardians Of The Galaxy, and Captain America the winter soldier in the summer wave. I say this because there is no reason for them to bring out any DC sets in the summer line up, and I doubt that there is going to be any marvel sets out in the winter wave lineup. Still hopeing for an X-mansion though ;)

Edited by Legoman123

Like I said before, I'm sure that its a new 52 style Nightwing with red printing which made it seem like Robin. To me it makes perfect sense... I'd like someone else's opinion on it though.

I'm guessing these pics are prelims so it could simply be a Robin figure substituted in for Nightwing.

Personal I would prefer Nightwing in his usual blue suit. While I love the new 52 run his costume reminds me too much of Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin.

I guess it'll be his classic mobster hat/ fedora hat or the Nicholson hat: I do prefer the 'fedora-like' one though.

Screen-Shot-2013-01-24-at-7.09.11-PM-431x450.png

joker02.jpg

I can see TLG being lazy and using the Indiana Jones hat mold, instead of a new mold. Maybe Lone ranger mold?

Well it sounds like Nightwing will appear in at least one of the sets which is fantastic news. Personally I'm hoping he's in the Man-Bat set, and they sneak in Batgirl as Bat's other hero for the Joker Steamroller set. Could easily see him just being used in both though, and them saving Batgirl for later (I'd rather her now though :laugh: )

Bit disappointing on the villain front, but at least Joker gets a new hat! Maybe Penguin will have a different design too, useful at least for those who couldn't pick up Penguin/Riddler in the harder to attain sets. Man-Bat's eh for me, but I'll take him. Really hoping we get an Arnold Wesker (probably zero chance of that though), Killer Croc or another legit vilain alongside Joker, but I could just as easily see it being Harley and a thug.

Ultimately how I feel about these sets will come down to the mystery figures, but it sounds like the sets themselves might be pretty nice! Thanks for the news Darth-Tater, if you remember any more feel free to spill :grin:

Or it could be KatanA or Red Robin