just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

So I bought the Doc Ock: Truck Ambush Set, and it is one of my favorite £20 sets, great detail, awesome features and a decent selection of mini-figures, perhaps dwarfed only by the Spider Cycle Chase set. However, what annoys me, is that in the Comic Book strip, a S.H.I.E.L.D sticker is seen on the back of the Spiderman Helicopter. Let's remember that Spiderman does not use any vehicles like this at all, so I find it frustrating and annoying when the set could've easily been a S.H.I.E.L.D Helicopter. The S.H.I.E.L.D Helicopter and APC both appear in the Marvel Heroes game, so why Lego feel the need to include Pointless Spiderman vehicles when there are other options right in front of them is beyond me. If they got there act together, we could already have gotten the Hill and Coulson which the Avengers line should have given us! Don't you guys agree these Spiderman sets really are wasted potential?

So I bought the Doc Ock: Truck Ambush Set, and it is one of my favorite £20 sets, great detail, awesome features and a decent selection of mini-figures, perhaps dwarfed only by the Spider Cycle Chase set. However, what annoys me, is that in the Comic Book strip, a S.H.I.E.L.D sticker is seen on the back of the Spiderman Helicopter. Let's remember that Spiderman does not use any vehicles like this at all, so I find it frustrating and annoying when the set could've easily been a S.H.I.E.L.D Helicopter. The S.H.I.E.L.D Helicopter and APC both appear in the Marvel Heroes game, so why Lego feel the need to include Pointless Spiderman vehicles when there are other options right in front of them is beyond me. If they got there act together, we could already have gotten the Hill and Coulson which the Avengers line should have given us! Don't you guys agree these Spiderman sets really are wasted potential?

Pretty much. I agree.

I was gone for a few days and since everybody's talkin' 'bout Drax, so I got a new name for that discussion - 50 Shades Of Grey Drax

Edited by Rinzler

Pretty much. I agree.

I hope Lego realise this. At the moment, the heck lotta potential the Marvel Superheroes Game had is being wasted on cheap and tacky Spiderman vehicles. :/

I concur, especially as there are many interesting characters other than Spider-Man that we still don't have.

Edited by gundamz

I concur, especially as there are many interesting characters other than Spider-Man that we still don't have.

Agreed. We need a Daredevil set!

I would absolutely have bought the helicopter set if it had been a SHIELD design instead of Spider-Man.

And if it had included a classic Green Goblin minifigure as opposed to that giant blob.

I would absolutely have bought the helicopter set if it had been a SHIELD design instead of Spider-Man.

And if it had included a classic Green Goblin minifigure as opposed to that giant blob.

And if the price-to-piece was better :grin:

But anyways, I am glad that we are getting a much better Summer wave (even though the Huk Lab smash and Hydra tank from the Winter wave were pretty good :classic:)

What's coming up? Just the GOTG sets?

Don't forget the X-Men set! Hopefully they'll announce an X-Mansion D2C, but there's no rumors and I doubt they'd do that this year as we know a whole bunch of other D2Cs coming this year.

Ahh yeah. Man I kind of want the X-Men, but kind of don't.

Anything for DC in the summer sets?

Besides the Duplo set and the LEGO Movie set with Batman, no.

I'm quite surprised that we're getting so much discussion regarding the colour of Drax. I personally think he has looked green in every picture I have seen, but I am unconcerned about his minifigure being grey. Considering other inaccuracies we've had from TLG (dare I mention the Iron Man 3 wave), this slight inaccuracy (or accuracy, depending on what colour you perceive Drax as) is nothing too major; after all, the minifigure of Drax still looks very good and is very detailed.

*EDIT* 400 posts. At last.

I don't mind inaccuracies in sets at all, since you can modify them as much as you want. Minifigures though, you can't. The grey Drax is growing on me though.

Edited by KingPixels

You said it. We need a Fisk Tower (could be similar to the Bugle) with Daredevil and the Kingpin. LEGO really should just pick scenes from out of the game and make sets from them.

What's the likelyhood that we'll get the ASM mf for the general public or the USM mf in Dark Blue?

Got my 1st SM the other day but I don't like the blue....

What's the likelyhood that we'll get the ASM mf for the general public or the USM mf in Dark Blue?

We won't get one until at least ASM 3, and I doubt we'd get such a minor variation. I know there's no evidence so far, but I think if LEGO did make a variant suit, it'd be Iron Spider or Future Foundation or Scarlet Spider or something.

You may be able to get one of the minifigs from the original Spider-Man line on Bricklink or similar sites. It's dark blue and (IMHO) looks far better than the new version, plus it fits with the movie Avenger figs far better.

You said it. We need a Fisk Tower (could be similar to the Bugle) with Daredevil and the Kingpin. LEGO really should just pick scenes from out of the game and make sets from them.

You have no idea how much I want a Magnetomobile.

And once his kids are made, I'd make all kinds of "Turning this car around!" Jokes.

Edited by B-Lister

Well for ASM it doesn't look like we'll get any for this movie, I'd say we will for the third though (As there's no way USM will still be on the air). I do think it's likely we'll get a new Spider-man before that. I think realistically he could pop up as an exclusive or something. With as long as they've waited to give us a new variant I would assume they're saving it for something special. Who knows, they could surprise us and reveal an unknown set or something (At least that's what I'm hoping because I am growing more and more impatient).

You may be able to get one of the minifigs from the original Spider-Man line on Bricklink or similar sites. It's dark blue and (IMHO) looks far better than the new version, plus it fits with the movie Avenger figs far better.

I have that minifigure and it sticks out among the others quite a bit. While the coloring is good ultimately the design style for printing then is really different from now. And part of the printing is on the hip piece, so it's inaccurate to boot.

Edited by strangely

I think that the best we can hope for from any of the ASM movies is sets that loosely tie into the movies but do not do so directly. Even if Marvel do have the merchandising rights from the film, I'm not sure if they will use them for LEGO.

I hope that, if Lego is planning a Rhino figure, he's based on the comics and not the movie version. Polymer armor wins out over robotic armor!

What upsets me, is that after completing Lego Marvel Superheroes on Xbox 360, I was really looking forward to sets like Green Goblin's Helicopter, the SHIELD Helicopter, the SHIELD APC, the Cloud Rider, and other sets being made. I would prefer those Comic sets over USM sets. In addition to that, the game introduced Minifigures of Coulson, Hill, a SHIELD Agent, a Comic Green Goblin, Comic Hawkeye, Thor: The Dark World Minifigs and even a Winter Soldier. Seeing all of these in game tells me that Lego could produce a breathtaking wave, but they can't be bothered. :thumbdown:

*Aimed at Suspsy*

Agreed. I despise the "mech suit" look of the ASM 2 incarnation of Rhino and hope LEGO don't make the mistake of creating two unpopular character incarnations over their more popular versions (as they have done with Green Goblin).

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

I think I speak for all of us when I say: DAMN RIGHT!

the Cloud Rider,

The Cloud Rider is a fan-made production, based on a combination of Hawkeye's Skycycle and a TRON Lightcycle, but i 1000000000000000000000000000000% agree that we need one, not just for Marvel, but for TRON aswell