just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Infinity Gauntlet, that also features Tony Stark in the Illuminati scenes. He founded the group, though I believe it was Mr. Fantastic that began collecting the Infinity Gems.

How do you know strucker isn't important to the plot of Avengers: age of ultron might I ask? I think he may be pivotal if the winter soldier film cast list is to believed. He is after all in charge of hydra and who knows how that will play into age of ultron. It could be one connecting story especially with hydra back in TWS if the track labelled "hydra" is anything to go by. I wouldn't discount him as a trivial appearance just yet. I would reckon we will get all of the avengers inc witch and quicksilver, strucker,ultron, MCU fury, Maria hill and Coulson at least!

Infinity Gauntlet, that also features Tony Stark in the Illuminati scenes. He founded the group, though I believe it was Mr. Fantastic that began collecting the Infinity Gems.

I don't think the illuminati will be prevalent in the Marvel movie-verse. At least not for a long time. We still need Black Panther and Black Bolt to be introduced, Professor X is with Fox, and I think Namor is Sony? (Not sure about that).

Also, the illuminati is p recent isn't it? (Well... Past 10 years maybe?), I'm referring to Thanos' infinity War stuff. They're introducing the Gems right now. The teaseract was confirmed to be one, and they had one during the end scene of Thor. That's deffo where Avengers 3 is going.

Namor's film rights are at Universal, it's been with them for years, with a movie planned since 2006.

Edited by TDKR2012

Namor's film rights are at Universal, it's been with them for years, with a movie planned since 2006.

Which is a damn shame, because Namor interacting with who we have on screen now would be awesome.

How do you know strucker isn't important to the plot of Avengers: age of ultron might I ask? I think he may be pivotal if the winter soldier film cast list is to believed. He is after all in charge of hydra and who knows how that will play into age of ultron. It could be one connecting story especially with hydra back in TWS if the track labelled "hydra" is anything to go by. I wouldn't discount him as a trivial appearance just yet. I would reckon we will get all of the avengers inc witch and quicksilver, strucker,ultron, MCU fury, Maria hill and Coulson at least!

They specifically mentioned when they cast him that he wasn't going to be a big deal in this movie, just a side-villain to set up Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. He's got a multi-picture deal, so I'm sure he'll be more important later on, but for now he's not.

I would love a Civil War movie, but as iamste mentioned, Marvel doesn't own enough of the important characters to that arc to pull it off. Maybe some day when the X-Men and FF movies start sucking hardcore and Sony agrees to share Spidey...

Does Universal own the merchandising rights as well, like Fox has for FF and X-Men? It has already been mentioned in this thread that Spider-man has reverted back to Marvel for ASM2, and they partnered with Columbia Pictures to do the movie. Sony gets to distribute much of the international theatrical release, though.

They specifically mentioned when they cast him that he wasn't going to be a big deal in this movie, just a side-villain to set up Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. He's got a multi-picture deal, so I'm sure he'll be more important later on, but for now he's not.

I would love a Civil War movie, but as iamste mentioned, Marvel doesn't own enough of the important characters to that arc to pull it off. Maybe some day when the X-Men and FF movies start sucking hardcore and Sony agrees to share Spidey...

To each their own, but I can't stand Civil War! It had a chance to be really diplomatic and have a genuine argument on both sides, but out of nowhere super heroes who had been friends for decades started to attack to kill. Robot Thor murdering someone? (I'd list tons of stuff here but don't want to spoil anything for people who may be interested) It just turned into a tacky excuse to have super heroes fight each other. Locking up their friends in the negative zone without fair trial of any sort?

Man, I hate events ._.

Does Universal own the merchandising rights as well, like Fox has for FF and X-Men? It has already been mentioned in this thread that Spider-man has reverted back to Marvel for ASM2, and they partnered with Columbia Pictures to do the movie. Sony gets to distribute much of the international theatrical release, though.

Sony has the rights to Spider-Man and Venom, don't they? I haven't heard anything about it going back to full Marvel. That's why Sony are pushing for all these spider-man spin offs, there's no chance of Marvel getting it back then. Same reason fox are doing a new Fantastic 4.

Edited by iamste

Civil War was a preposterous event. It took the whole "we're good guys who just met, but we don't understand each other, so let's beat the hell out of each other til one of us comes to our senses" plot, then went full retard. The idea that team mates that have faced death together would turn on one another like that is insulting to the readers.

Never go full retard.

Is it just me, or is it crazy difficult trying to find the latest Lego Hulk set? I have not seen it anywhere.

And I've looked. My Lego store sells out the minute they are in stock. I don't wanna go the S@H route because it seems like shooting fish in a barrel as far as the whole " thrill of the hunt" aspect goes. Plus, it's Double VIP Points time in a couple weeks, so maybe things will work out.

Edited by Colossus

I loved Civil War, it got me reading Marvel. I felt the conflict was well done, and I believed in it.

It made me hate Iron Man right up until the second movie came out. I still view the character as sanctimonious, though I like him a bit more now that his side, while having won initially, was proven disastrously wrong.

Civil War was a preposterous event. It took the whole "we're good guys who just met, but we don't understand each other, so let's beat the hell out of each other til one of us comes to our senses" plot, then went full retard. The idea that team mates that have faced death together would turn on one another like that is insulting to the readers.

Never go full retard.

Is it just me, or is it crazy difficult trying to find the latest Lego Hulk set? I have not seen it anywhere.

And I've looked. My Lego store sells out the minute they are in stock. I don't wanna go the S@H route because it seems like shooting fish in a barrel as far as the whole " thrill of the hunt" aspect goes. Plus, it's Double VIP Points time in a couple weeks, so maybe things will work out.

Couldn't agree more! Absolutely absurd.

It's out around here (uk, liverpool), I grabbed it the other day. Really nice! So I can see why it's selling so well.

I'm in Liverpool too and I found it easy to pick up. Seems the UK has had most sets easy to pick up this year... Except Disney Princess... But my 4 yr old got over that! ;)

Ooo! Do you know if the Cinderella Carriage is easy to get hold of? My sisters birthdays are coming up and I need to grab two (twins), haha.

Honestly, I've never read Civil War, but I've read enough about it to know that the concept would be super cool to see done in a Marvel movie with the right amount of characters.

When will we see official images of the other two GOTG sets?

Since they'll be put June 1st, I'm guessing mid-April.

Ooo! Do you know if the Cinderella Carriage is easy to get hold of? My sisters birthdays are coming up and I need to grab two (twins), haha.

I don't know, but you should be able to get it at one store. Heck, this year I am all over the place beacuse my local shop barely has anything this year

What do you think is the feasibility of an Invisible Woman minifigure that's partially transparent, including her hand?

Also, am I the only one who would rather have a minifigure-sized Thing rather than a macrofigure?

And yes, Civil War would probably not translate well to a mainstream audience. Better that they do the Infinity Gauntlet.

What do you think is the feasibility of an Invisible Woman minifigure that's partially transparent, including her hand?

Also, am I the only one who would rather have a minifigure-sized Thing rather than a macrofigure?

And yes, Civil War would probably not translate well to a mainstream audience. Better that they do the Infinity Gauntlet.

About an invisable woman, I would personaly rule it out completely

Edited by Toby Adams

The hand probably isn't happening, but maybe an arm or leg. I think they would just make her entirely opaque and focus on her shields instead, though.

Do the new Chima (with their transluscent arms/legs) not have transluscent hands? And why couldn't they? 'Cause I don't see why that would be so unfeasable.

Do the new Chima (with their transluscent arms/legs) not have transluscent hands? And why couldn't they? 'Cause I don't see why that would be so unfeasable.

Whaaa... Oh I get it. I guess its a feasable idea.