just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Bruce Timm's Justice League series was just debuting now?

Oh well. I'm still a Marvel fan first and foremost.

I don't understand why DC sets won't exist without Batman. How many DC sets have been made without Batman already to prove it otherwise? The Superman/Wonder Woman set is the only one I can recall. There may have been others. My point is this: how do we know that DC sets won't move without him? Batman is a fantastic character, and easily one of my favourites. Doesn't mean I want 50 variants and the same 5 vehicles rehashed ad nauseum. I think it all stems from DC's business philosophy. They don't take many risks, and when they do, less than 100% effort is put into it. Nolan's Bat-movies were incredible. Great stories and topnotch acting. They worked well for the Batman character. That same formula didn't work so well for Superman because he is such a different character. Not to mention that the story wasn't as strong. When I finished seeing Batman Begins, I knew who Bruce Wayne was and his motivation. Seeing Man of Steel, I had no idea who Superman was and even less about Clark Kent. And what I did see of the Superman character went against everything I know Superman to be. Then there's GL. The movie was OK, but way too rushed. I mean, Sinestro's corruption and his taking the yellow power ring is summed up in a stinger after the credits? Lame. DC flounders because they feel the audience can't suspend belief and accept the comic book character for what it is. DC won't develop a Wonder Woman flick because they don't know to approach the character? Tell that to Marvel. Thor has already had a sequel, Cap has a sequel next month, and Tony Stark is a household name. Their summer blockbuster features a talking, rifle toting raccoon. I wish that DC would wake up. Their fans and their characters deserve better.

There is a picture going around the internet

Edited by BrickyNolan35

Good point. But do kids watch arrow? It's an older demographic so I'm not too sure if many 7-14 year olds or whatever the age range on these sets are, watch it. I mean kids aren't the only ones who buy the sets but they are Lego's main concern. It'd be great if we got some green arrow sets but would they sell?

It's really hard to tell. I think if kids watch Supernatural, then odds are there's a good bit that watch Arrow, and from what I know of kids, if it's popular with teenagers it's probably just as popular with kids trying to be teenagers. I think they'd sell, regardless. What LEGO doesn't realize is that it doesn't take a tie-in to interest kids, although it does help. I think it's a little ridiculous that LEGO thinks kids will buy generic police cars, but not a superhero they don't watch on TV. Heck, Slade's going to be coming back on Teen Titans Go, make a Green Arrow vs. Deathstroke set as an unofficial tie-in to both shows and kill two birds with one stone.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Bruce Timm's Justice League series was just debuting now?

That would be perfect. Heck, I'd go for any Justice League cartoon. Now's a good time, with the Justice League movie getting closer every day. Increase familiarity with the characters. Plus the store shelves are lining with DC action figures. There's at least 3 different lines of action figures from that end, give 'em a TV show to push them even harder.

I doubt we'll see any sets even loosely based on Arrow and the upcoming Flash. There seems to be a licensing snarl, like with Fox and the X-Men/Wolverine movies. If there isn't, the other proposed idea that target demographics come into play has some merit. It could even be a combination of the two.

If neither of these were an impediment then we should have seen Green Arrow sets by now, given there is an existing audience. Or at least a set based on an existing Green Arrow comic storyline mirrored by an Arrow episode. Can anyone tell me how close the show comes to the source material?

I'm not a comics person, but I'm fairly sure it's been completely independent story-wise. Especially given how some were complaining that they're using Bat's villains.

If neither of these were an impediment then we should have seen Green Arrow sets by now, given there is an existing audience. Or at least a set based on an existing Green Arrow comic storyline mirrored by an Arrow episode. Can anyone tell me how close the show comes to the source material?

Nowhere near. Barely any of the characters are accurate to their comic book personas (especially not Green Arrow, though I suspect he'll become more, um, sociable as the show goes on.) The plots are even further from the source material. Still, though, given a lot of the big villains are Green Arrow villains, it certainly wouldn't be out of place to have a Green Arrow vs. Deathstroke set, since he's a big Green Arrow baddie who also happens to be a major villain in the show. Plus I think we all really want Deathstroke.

Bricklink would be better, they are even cheaper over there :)

Thanks for the tip! I will check that out.

Nowhere near. Barely any of the characters are accurate to their comic book personas (especially not Green Arrow, though I suspect he'll become more, um, sociable as the show goes on.) The plots are even further from the source material. Still, though, given a lot of the big villains are Green Arrow villains, it certainly wouldn't be out of place to have a Green Arrow vs. Deathstroke set, since he's a big Green Arrow baddie who also happens to be a major villain in the show. Plus I think we all really want Deathstroke.

I for one really want Deathstroke. But with a removable helmet similar to Iron Man. Edited by Legoman123

Much as I like Deathstroke (and whatever there is to be said about differences from source material I really like his portrayal in Arrow), I don't think Lego would do him justice. I imagine we'd get just another printed head rather than a headpiece and Lego wouldn't (couldn't?) print it all the way around the side.

Not saying they couldn't do a headpiece, just don't think Lego will after how they've handled Cap (who needs a headpiece like Flash), Cyclops (who could have had a hair piece with visor), Electro (abandoned the green/yellow suit that was probably at least considered considering the prelim image), and many others. They love 'bald' figs in this line.

Edited by Hrafnblod

Much as I like Deathstroke (and whatever there is to be said about differences from source material I really like his portrayal in Arrow), I don't think Lego would do him justice. I imagine we'd get just another printed head rather than a headpiece and Lego wouldn't (couldn't?) print it all the way around the side.

Not saying they couldn't do a headpiece, just don't think Lego will after how they've handled Cap (who needs a headpiece like Flash), Cyborg (who could have had a hair piece with visor), Electro (abandoned the green/yellow suit that was probably at least considered considering the prelim image), and many others. They love 'bald' figs in this line.

If Deathstroke had a printed head he would look terrible. That is the main reason I don't like him in the 3DS Lego game.

I think the reason that Captain America didn't get a helmet beacuse was why would lego create a special helmet for him in 2012 and then re-use it one year later or possibly remake it. Anyhow he looks fine. On a different note the Spidey Sets are showing up at ASDA and Tesco's! I might make a special trip out for Electro tommorow :classic:. And beacuse i'm probaly the only one that will keep the ST together, i'll review it :classic: !! *Checks Stock*

EDIT: None in stock :sadnew:. I think i'll get the Batman and Penguin set instead :grin: . Two great figures and two awesome builds :classic: .

Edited by Toby Adams

They love 'bald' figs in this line.

That they do. They could have at least given Red Skull a classic police hat in black.

Though your cyborg example is a strange choice as he only appeared in a game/movie and we know Flash changed a bit between the game and the actual figure.

That they do. They could have at least given Red Skull a classic police hat in black.

Though your cyborg example is a strange choice as he only appeared in a game/movie and we know Flash changed a bit between the game and the actual figure.

Cy-BORG, or Cy-CLOPS?

Typo, meant Cyclops of course (since we have an actual upcoming fig of him).

Typo, meant Cyclops of course (since we have an actual upcoming fig of him).

Wait, In the summer O______o!

Yeah, June 1st to be exact.

Snip

I'm surprised that I haven't seen an up-close image of the Cyclops minifigure until now. He looks a bit plain, undeniably so, but I still think he's a pretty good minifigure. If I get that X-Men set, this Cyclops minifigure will make a good addition to my collection.

Yeah, June 1st to be exact.

Yay! Just in time for my birthday!

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

http://www.flickr.co...04/10782220506/

This is a pretty good way a deathstroke could be done.

Something like this would be perfect, though they would obviously use a different helmet and less detailed printing overall. Even so, if LEGO made a Deathstroke minifigure that was even close to that in terms of quality and accuracy I would be very satisfied.