just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Here are two pictures of the Guardians of the galaxy team and they all have dark red uniforms except Groot.

In the Milano spaceship set Drax the destoryer has dark red pants and Starlord has his dark red jacket, while Gamora and Rocket raccoon don't. I wished they all had the dark red to match

Uh, all the LEGO figs have dark red uniforms (except Groot). Here you can see Rocket Raccon in the cockpit, he clearly has a dark red uniform. And Gamora also has a dark red uniform. The trans blue windshield and CGI imagery make it look slightly different shadewise, but the color is the same as Drax's legs.

still no news on the small set which is could be the only one I will get, when might we see it

Uh, all the LEGO figs have dark red uniforms (except Groot). Here you can see Rocket Raccon in the cockpit, he clearly has a dark red uniform. And Gamora also has a dark red uniform. The trans blue windshield and CGI imagery make it look slightly different shadewise, but the color is the same as Drax's legs.

I gotta say I don't see "dark red" looking at Rocket. Looks more yellow, or a similar yellow-orange to Wolverine.

still no news on the small set which is could be the only one I will get, when might we see it

No idea, hopefully soon. If the build is good I might pick up two or three for additional sakaaran mooks and nova corps guys.

Edited by Hrafnblod

In the comics, Groot is capable of increasing his size by absorbing any kind of wood. He can also control other trees and is resistant to fire. And if he is destroyed, he can be fully restored so long as a single part of him is intact, even the smallest twig.

This brick-built Groot is perfectly in keeping with the comics. I'm very excited to own him.

He better!! I'll be mad if they at least don't include one to put on him like they did with wolverine and magneto's hair pieces. One does not simply be a raccoon and have no tail. But here's the real question: Are short legged minifigs tall enough to have tail pieces?

Yes they are! :sweet:

New figs Marvel: Goblin, Powerman, Spideys girl, octo, Electro, MODOK, Taskmaster, Hydra Soldier, Red Skull, Star-Lord, Rocket, Gamora, Drax, new Cap, Do i need to go on?

Also

New Batmobile: One in a dousen (douzen?)

New Steamroller: That smile will hunt me down in my nightmares

New Penguin Duckboat: Whow i don't even need to say anything, the name says it all... i mean if i was a villain of course i would attack in a Ducky!

Colorful: Well i was kinda talking about all the Batman vehicles, but as he says in the movie: "i only work in Black"

and all Joker things are always Orange, Purple, White we have seen that a lot

My turn to stick le thoung out :tongue: and another :tongue:

I just have to answer this.

Variants don't count. Since we got GG in the first Spiderman license, doesn't count, or DC would have even more figs than Marval that are new.

2014 Batmobile is the coolest I've seen Lego make.

The Duckboat is cute, and a good vehicle for a parade float. :wink:

Steamroller: It's Joker dude. But, remove the smile and viola! City Steamroller! :wink:

so :tongue:

anyway, Rocket is definitely in an orange jumpsuit. Groot has no uniform, Star Lord has on blue and brown, (I think :look:), and Drax is half-naked(he's supposed to be I know), and Gamora is the only one in an all-red uniform.

Yes they are! :sweet:

Good, that makes me feel better. I mean given the new molds in this theme it's not like printing a tail piece for rocket would exactly be heard. And plus they could use it in Chima if there are ever raccoons!

Do y'all think Rocket has a tail piece?

If you look in the ship part it looks like rocket has a bracket in between the the head and body.

Also the carttob makes it seem RR has arm printing. I mean Drax is getting it too.

I like Groot's size, hes hardly every human sized, the molded part is good anf i like the moss/grass/mold/whatever that on him in the movie is represented!

Good, that makes me feel better. I mean given the new molds in this theme it's not like printing a tail piece for rocket would exactly be heard. And plus they could use it in Chima if there are ever raccoons!

Wait, you weren't talking about the tail mold from Chima? :laugh:

FurtySide.png

I wouldn't mind a new one though, if they fixed that weird gap. :sceptic:

Am I the only one who kind of wishes they attached more like a kama, over the leg posts, rather than at the neck? Might be harder to do, coloring wise, I guess. But attaching at the neck looks kind stupid to me.

Am I the only one who kind of wishes they attached more like a kama, over the leg posts, rather than at the neck? Might be harder to do, coloring wise, I guess. But attaching at the neck looks kind stupid to me.

I don't know. The tab of plastic between the legs and torso might look sort of funny, but it would fix the side view....

The reason it's like that had something to do with it not working with Speedorz from what I heard.

Yeah I know they have a mold for it! :grin: I just meant if they printed a raccoon coloration on it they could also use it for chima raccoons :blush: And yeah the gap is weird. I was always under the impression the tails attached by the legs so this is kind of strange.

Edited by LuxorV

Rocket raccoon's outfit looks more orange than dark red. I see some dark red printed on the torso, but the full torso color looks to be orange. The artwork on the top of the box seems like gamora has dark red. Many people thought that Gamora had dark pink, but who knows it might be dark red.

It's for sure yellowish. Compared to the vehicle he's driving and the background of the characters on the bottom left corner, his uniform is the same color which is yellow. That's what he's wearing in the preview too so I'm not sure what you're seeing.

It's for sure yellowish. Compared to the vehicle he's driving and the background of the characters on the bottom left corner, his uniform is the same color which is yellow. That's what he's wearing in the preview too so I'm not sure what you're seeing.

Rockets main outfit is orange and black in the 'line up shots. The yellow outfit is the prison uniform at the Nova corps prison, you can see multiple inmates wearing the same. As only a short part of the film takes place in the prison, I'm assuming it's the orange outfit we will get. That's what it looks like to me in the set picture anyway.

Wow so they are really keeping this movie hush hush... Oh well one month before Captain America's Winter Soldier to see a trailer about this movie. I think it will do good, I do not know anything about these characters but I am starting to like them already.

Here are two pictures of the Guardians of the galaxy team and they all have dark red uniforms except Groot.

In the Milano spaceship set Drax the destoryer has dark red pants and Starlord has his dark red jacket, while Gamora and Rocket raccoon don't. I wished they all had the dark red to match.

*snip*

Starlord's hand looks pretty gross in this picture.

I gotta say I don't see "dark red" looking at Rocket. Looks more yellow, or a similar yellow-orange to Wolverine.

To me it looks dark red with a yellow design on the front.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Don't quote pictures.

Rockets main outfit is orange and black in the 'line up shots. The yellow outfit is the prison uniform at the Nova corps prison, you can see multiple inmates wearing the same. As only a short part of the film takes place in the prison, I'm assuming it's the orange outfit we will get. That's what it looks like to me in the set picture anyway.

Yellowish/orange, it's all the same to me. It's definitely not red. I'm digging Rocket's giant gun though. LEGO did an excellent job with that. I'm not a huge fan of Groot's arms but it doesn't bug me too much.

I'm excited. Being a Guardians fan, I feel like my Marvel movie has finally come and the sets look fantastic. The Milano looks amazing! I will be buying all of these sets immediately when they come out.

Yeah I know they have a mold for it! :grin: I just meant if they printed a raccoon coloration on it they could also use it for chima raccoons :blush: And yeah the gap is weird. I was always under the impression the tails attached by the legs so this is kind of strange.

Heck they could really get away with just doing a complete recolor and reprint of Furty there and it would work well for Rocket. I know some would like a custom molded figure. But I would much prefer one that can actually lock into ships and have regular arms for weapons and stuff. Even if he is a little bigger than what we see on screen.

as far as the uniforms. I think the Guardians are sporting a semi color matched rust red or orangy red look. Not thrilled about it. I really kinda wish they had gone for the comic series blue with black trim and spats.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-300x300.jpg

They actually came pretty close in the movies concept art. I sort of hope something more like this shows up. I think it would look awesome in minifig form.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-rumors.jpg

(and Rocket does kinda look like a rabidly pissed off Furty in that concept art, doesn't he?)

PS after looking at those pictures, does anyone else hope whatever head they use for Rocket fits inside the SPongebob Sandy the Squirrel's Space Helmet?

Edited by Faefrost

To me it looks like dark red with yellow/orange/gold printing. The sides are yellow/gold/orange from the artwork picture. It looks like the one he is wearing first in the trailer, the second one is an all yellow jumpsuit.

I have a bad feeling that we will end up getting spideys other team member white tiger this year. As a sandiego comic con exclusive. SHUDDER��

WASH YOUR MOUTH bricky, don't even give them the idea. They do that and I'm on the phone with a printing house five minutes later, and then it's white tigers all around. :devil:

And as others have said Groot changes sizes often, and can be regrown from a splinter or shard of his body. There is usually a plant pot in the ship just for him, and the others just water him like that. That is why in the trailer there is a comment about him being a house plant AND muscle. I would have liked a hagrid sized Groot too, maybe inside the brickbuilt (like a mech pilot) maybe we'll get comic book version one later outside the movieverse.

I second the head fitting in the Sandy buble helmet. that would look spectacular for his current suit.

Edited by CustomJoe_MD

Do y'all think Rocket has a tail piece?

Yeah i think so!

In the Milano spaceship set Drax the destoryer has dark red pants and Starlord has his dark red jacket, while Gamora and Rocket raccoon don't. I wished they all had the dark red to match.

You do know Rocket has a Dark Yellow/Light Orange outfit!?

This poster has a little bit sun effect going on

Edited by kevkipo

This might seem random but does anyone know what the lego marvel keychains will be for 2014?? If it is worth it I break off the key chain bit and use it a a minfigure. Maybe we will get lucky and get hydra agent and I can begin an army