just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Yeah but i really don't care about Batman, it's hard to read a Forum that talks about 2 or 3 seperate things, it's hard to find posts about GOTG then

Do you realize how slow GOTG posts are?

Anyway, They look like passable sets to me. Not really recognizable to me, and they would look weird in with the other MARVEL/DC heroes. :hmpf_bad:

Though more pics may change my mind.

I think Groot looks pretty swell. The head piece appears dead on and I don't mind the green parts on his arms. RR and Nebula look great too. Can't wait to finally have a female Marvel villain in my collection!

Also, Rocket could have been new mould, something like Gollum - the articulation of the limbs would be kept and he could hold a weapon in his hands, and yet he wouldn't look like a child with a raccoon mask,

As I understand it Rocket's head is one part, not like Chima but like Splinter in both the TMNT sets, but more like the upcoming movie sewer.

Do you realize how slow GOTG posts are?

Anyway, They look like passable sets to me. Not really recognizable to me, and they would look weird in with the other MARVEL/DC heroes. :hmpf_bad:

Though more pics may change my mind.

To me all DC sets are the same:

Lame, Dark, same figs, Dark Bat vehicles because they can't do something else

Oh im going to regret this post...

For Star Lord, yes, but for Chris Pratt I think it's perfect.

They are not making Chris Pratt, they are making Peter Quill (Altough he's played by Chris pratt)

Edited by kevkipo

I'm guessing LEGO made Groot huge for a reason. That's probably a scene where Groot 'Groots out and grows like double the size'. Also I get the feeling from the trailer that Groot will explode and be refrozen from a Shard, mainly from the 'Rockets personal house plant'. If that's true it would be awesome if there's a potted plant in the back of the Guardians ship, as a little Easter egg in the set.

I caved and grabbed the Riddler Chase last night. I think it's great, it's certainly my favourite Batmaobile, and Flash and Riddler are awesome. The Dragster could be better but it gets the job done, at worst the dragster contains some very interesting parts.

On the issue of Gamora's sword, looks like it is the Lego shamshir as it looks to have the square guard. The regular katana has an octagonal guard.

Rocket Raccoon's little vehicle seems to have the dish with a marbled pattern, as the color isn't uniformly distributed.

Thats what im saying :P

I'm not sure. I mean, when I first heard about upcoming GOTG sets, which was before playing the videogame, I thought he should be a new single-part mould, something like Salacious B. Crumb. Then I saw the game version and quite liked it. I understand it's improtant he has regular hands so he can grab and hold things, but with short legs he looks too human. And he's also too tall. So it would be perfect to have a compromise in the form of an anthropomorphous creature similar to Gollum.

As I understand it Rocket's head is one part, not like Chima but like Splinter in both the TMNT sets, but more like the upcoming movie sewer.

Yes, I know and I'm fine with it, my point is that while attached to a regular minifig, albeit with short legs, it doesn't look like Rocket Raccoon, but like a child disguised as Rocket Raccoon.

On friday I went to the Lego store and purchased the spider-helicopter rescue for $45.99. Later that day I bought Captain America vs Hydra at toysrus for 21.99. It still had one of the price tags from last years extrimis sea port battle. This price was 39.99. The sets are the same price at the lego store so it looks like toysrus has stopped their huge markup.

To me all DC sets are the same:

Lame, Dark, same figs, Dark Bat vehicles because they can't do something else

New Batmobile: Cool.

New Steamroller: Cool

Peguin Duckboat: Cool

New figs: Damian Wayne, Batgirl, Manbat(though really lame), Flash, possibly future GL.

Colorful: Steamroller, Duckboat.

Ha ha haha ha. :tongue:

Back on topic, I didn't notice Gamora's sword. Could someone share a pic?

New Batmobile: Cool.

New Steamroller: Cool

Peguin Duckboat: Cool

New figs: Damian Wayne, Batgirl, Manbat(though really lame), Flash, possibly future GL.

Colorful: Steamroller, Duckboat.

Ha ha haha ha. :tongue:

Back on topic, I didn't notice Gamora's sword. Could someone share a pic?

New figs Marvel: Goblin, Powerman, Spideys girl, octo, Electro, MODOK, Taskmaster, Hydra Soldier, Red Skull, Star-Lord, Rocket, Gamora, Drax, new Cap, Do i need to go on?

Also

New Batmobile: One in a dousen (douzen?)

New Steamroller: That smile will hunt me down in my nightmares

New Penguin Duckboat: Whow i don't even need to say anything, the name says it all... i mean if i was a villain of course i would attack in a Ducky!

Colorful: Well i was kinda talking about all the Batman vehicles, but as he says in the movie: "i only work in Black"

and all Joker things are always Orange, Purple, White we have seen that a lot

My turn to stick le thoung out :tongue: and another :tongue:

Quit the bickering guys! I really wish they had made Groot like that ;( Maybe we'll get an exclusive groot minifig somewhere down the road?

Quit the bickering guys! I really wish they had made Groot like that ;( Maybe we'll get an exclusive groot minifig somewhere down the road?

I hope so

I actually kind of like the Groot figure, but agree that he is much too big. He looks larger than the Sentinel. :sceptic: I'm also worried because it looks like the head and chest are one piece. That would make downsizing very difficult. :sceptic:

As for doing Rocket like Gollum, I didn't like that idea at first, but it's not like he would lose much articulation if they kept the head removable. I think that would be okay, but I still like him as an actual minifigure, even if his size isn't too accurate. I only like the Gollum route when it is needed to capture a character's stature.

just got the batman vs penguin set.

kind of wondering why the translucent red studs are used under the hood of batmans skipedo thing when you don't ever see them why not make them black?

love the penguin ducky though. greatest thing since sliced bread.

Wat?

wat...

Waaaaat???

Groot in the movie is barely bigger than other people... :\

And yet here... wat?

I have a bad feeling that we will end up getting spideys other team member white tiger this year. As a sandiego comic con exclusive. SHUDDER������

I would be really surprised. I'd bet she will be in a set in 2015, since we got Iron Fist in '12, Nova in '13, and Powerman in '14

On the issue of Gamora's sword, looks like it is the Lego shamshir as it looks to have the square guard. The regular katana has an octagonal guard.

Rocket Raccoon's little vehicle seems to have the dish with a marbled pattern, as the color isn't uniformly distributed.

New katanas have square guards- they have for a little while now.

I'm not sure. I mean, when I first heard about upcoming GOTG sets, which was before playing the videogame, I thought he should be a new single-part mould, something like Salacious B. Crumb. Then I saw the game version and quite liked it. I understand it's improtant he has regular hands so he can grab and hold things, but with short legs he looks too human. And he's also too tall. So it would be perfect to have a compromise in the form of an anthropomorphous creature similar to Gollum.

Yes, I know and I'm fine with it, my point is that while attached to a regular minifig, albeit with short legs, it doesn't look like Rocket Raccoon, but like a child disguised as Rocket Raccoon.

It's not ideal, but it's not really any different than Yoda or that little house goblin or whatever it is from Harry Potter. Dobby? I forget, not at all familiar with that franchise, I just recall his figure form being "thicker" than pictures I'd seen of the movie character. Rocket looks pretty good regardless. Likewise with Groot's size, he varies a lot. It's a little bit of a bummer to not get his "standard" slightly-larger-than-human size, but I don't mind giant Groot.

New Penguin Duckboat: Whow i don't even need to say anything, the name says it all... i mean if i was a villain of course i would attack in a Ducky!

It's adapted from a film. I keep seeing people criticize the duck, but that's not really Lego's fault. Blame WB if you don't like the Penguin using a duck boat. :tongue: I think it's a fun throwback.

Here are two pictures of the Guardians of the galaxy team and they all have dark red uniforms except Groot.

In the Milano spaceship set Drax the destoryer has dark red pants and Starlord has his dark red jacket, while Gamora and Rocket raccoon don't. I wished they all had the dark red to match.

MuuPIoy.jpg

ae6DKQR.jpg

Wat?

wat...

Waaaaat???

Groot in the movie is barely bigger than other people... :\

And yet here... wat?

Groot can grow himself to be different heights at will. At least that's what I've read. I have no problem with his size

Do y'all think Rocket has a tail piece?

He better!! I'll be mad if they at least don't include one to put on him like they did with wolverine and magneto's hair pieces. One does not simply be a raccoon and have no tail. But here's the real question: Are short legged minifigs tall enough to have tail pieces?

Come on guys, we get it, not everyone likes Batman, you don't need to continuously go on about it. On a personal note, I don't like this years marvel sets, I'm ok to read about people who do to find out about sets I am interested in (ps Batman, and his sets, are great!)

I'm 50/50 on the Gotg sets but it really depends in whether I like the movie (its not a comic I've ever read and, indeed, Marvel comics really haven't done it for me since 10 years or so ago- when i got back into them last year I discovered a major love for DC). So far, I like them enough to get them if the movie is good, but theyre not so inspiring I would get them on a whim!