just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

On the cover of the Days of Future Past comic this set is based upon, Storm isn't wearing her tiara. For this story, she is accurate.

I'm not sure how I feel about Storm's cape. Looks a bit awkward.

I like it. I like that Lego's willing to do it even more, unique cloth pieces are nice to see more of. Great news that the X-jet can hold all the figs, too!

I like it. I like that Lego's willing to do it even more, unique cloth pieces are nice to see more of. Great news that the X-jet can hold all the figs, too!

After seeing those pics, I'm starting to warm up to the blackbird :sweet:

Can someone find a picture of any quality of Star Lord's helmet-less hair?

That other face for Wolverine to make his cowl work has me on the fence. For one thing, his cowl will only work with one expression. As for the second, I'm pretty fond of them doing that with Nova's head, but mostly because I can use it on other figures (like my purist Wildcat at the moment). You can't do that Wolverine's, because pretty much anywhere you put that, it's going to look like Wolverine.

Storm's cape thing is pretty awesome. I'm glad they included that, though I'm not too fond of that kind of fabric, since it sticks out so bad when other capes around.

I'd like to see someone use Wolverine's cowl on Batman or Nova's head so you have a shaved variant instead of the stubble version

Can someone find a picture of any quality of Star Lord's helmet-less hair?

That other face for Wolverine to make his cowl work has me on the fence. For one thing, his cowl will only work with one expression. As for the second, I'm pretty fond of them doing that with Nova's head, but mostly because I can use it on other figures (like my purist Wildcat at the moment). You can't do that Wolverine's, because pretty much anywhere you put that, it's going to look like Wolverine.

Storm's cape thing is pretty awesome. I'm glad they included that, though I'm not too fond of that kind of fabric, since it sticks out so bad when other capes around.

I think it's the perfect way to do reversible looks, personally. Way better than Batman's head, at least this way you can use Wolverine's cowl AND his hair. I also like this "extra headgear" thing they're doing with the X-jet and possibly with the GotG sets (from the sounds of Star-Lord's helmet and hair thing). It might be a little less helpful for head-swapping and stuff but I think it's perfect for making the actual character as useful as possible.

I wonder why it seems like no-one got good pics of the Groot/RR set. Would they really put it on display if they didn't want pictures taken of it?

I saw a sign in one of the TMNT pics saying "No pictures/video." I think pictures are slightly discouraged, probably more strongly with some sets than others.

Edited by Hrafnblod

Its for spoilers

Not necessarily. Other companies like Hasbro didn't have anti-photo signs up for the Guardians of the Galaxy merchandise. In my opinion, if you have sets on display they should be available to be photographed by the public. Either make them all available for photography or none of them.

Not necessarily. Other companies like Hasbro didn't have anti-photo signs up for the Guardians of the Galaxy merchandise. In my opinion, if you have sets on display they should be available to be photographed by the public. Either make them all available for photography or none of them.

There could be some contractual red tape involved. Since Lego sets partly amount to "playsets" they could be considered more spoiler-y than action figures. Hard to say. I'm still surprised we haven't seen more leaks, though. Hopefully someone will snap some pictures.

The 3 spidey sets, the hydra tank, hulk lab, penguin set, and steamroller are all showing up as available on the US lego shop. The search seems a little wonky, but they all come up using tags ("new", "marvel heroes", etc).

Great pics! Again, first day buy. I liked it before. Now? I love it! Blackbird certainly has captured the essence of the 90s animated one. And I'm extremely impressed with the all the minifigures, particularly Storm, I'm glad they didn't chicken out over the cape. I sense a single pane funny coming on with that alternative Wolverine head...

I will be getting the Milano and the X-jet and possibly the set with Groot and Rocket Raccoon. I am on the fence about Groot, he does look very mech like and not organic enough considering his character. Although the molded part for his head/upper body looks good.

Overall though, I am very pleased with the summer sets so far. :thumbup:

Was in Glasgow store on Saturday and didn't have them yet - amazon uk are listing feb 23rd

Thanks nnot looking good but at least I can have a look and who know, maybe I'll get lucky!! As for the new sets I'm looking forward to X-Jet more than any of the GOTG sets but that more out of preference than set choice

Collider has some info about the GOTG sets including the unknown $20 set:

Guardians of the Galaxy got three Lego sets as well. There was a 665-piece version of The Milano with Gamora (Zoe Saldana) at the controls inside while Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) floated nearby with a laser in hand so that the two could battle Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace) in his own smaller ship side by side. A second set called Nowhere Escape Mission showed off a three-minifigure-high Groot (voiced by Vin Diesel) as well as a Rocket Raccoon (voiced by Bradley Cooper) riding in a bubble-like vehicle. The centerpiece of the set was a two-story brown and gray structure with Sakaaran manning a laser on the second floor. The box art put the set on a dirt floor surrounded by trees suggesting that the movie action could take place in some sort of forest clearing. Last up was the Starblaster Showdown package featuring a blue and yellow ship with a Nova officer inside. Star Lord is again seen floating outside the vehicle, but this time he’s holding a simple, grey ball. Across the way is the enemy component of the set, a small black, brown and grey ship with noticeably thin wings belonging to Sakaaran.

Read more at http://collider.com/...czdxfqmIcL8C.99

Edited by djmangunz

Collider has some info about the GOTG sets including the unknown $20 set:

Guardians of the Galaxy got three Lego sets as well. There was a 665-piece version of The Milano with Gamora (Zoe Saldana) at the controls inside while Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) floated nearby with a laser in hand so that the two could battle Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace) in his own smaller ship side by side. A second set called Nowhere Escape Mission showed off a three-minifigure-high Groot (voiced by Vin Diesel) as well as a Rocket Raccoon (voiced by Bradley Cooper) riding in a bubble-like vehicle. The centerpiece of the set was a two-story brown and gray structure with Sakaaran manning a laser on the second floor. The box art put the set on a dirt floor surrounded by trees suggesting that the movie action could take place in some sort of forest clearing. Last up was the Starblaster Showdown package featuring a blue and yellow ship with a Nova officer inside. Star Lord is again seen floating outside the vehicle, but this time he’s holding a simple, grey ball. Across the way is the enemy component of the set, a small black, brown and grey ship with noticeably thin wings belonging to Sakaaran.

Read more at http://collider.com/...czdxfqmIcL8C.99

So angry that we don't get the Warbird! :damn: Lego doesn't care about the most important and most loved member of the Guardians of the Galaxy!!!

ROCKET RACCOON! Dayum that Nova Corps Sausage, Me and A LOT of other people want the Warbird

They where like "oh let's drop him in a set with a tree with silver claws and a bald woman with a cyborg eye (The most stupid villain of all time) :hmpf: "

So yeah Lego doesn't care, Wanna see about Star-Lord tough. maybe he will be good?

So bloody angry... :wall:

So angry that we don't get the Warbird! :damn: Lego doesn't care about the most important and most loved member of the Guardians of the Galaxy!!!

Warbird's not in the movie, so it would make no sense for her to be in the MOVIE set. Also, I would hardly call Warbird "most important" or "most loved".

I'm guessing the grey ball is the Infinity gem.

Yeah, saw a picture released today that had him holding one of the infinity gems.

Yeah, saw a picture released today that had him holding one of the infinity gems.

Where's that pic? :O

Warbird's not in the movie, so it would make no sense for her to be in the MOVIE set. Also, I would hardly call Warbird "most important" or "most loved".

It is in the Movie, And im not calling the Warbird most important, im calling Rocket the most important and most loved

After all if you walk out of the Cinema and ask who they liked the most, A LOT of people will say Rocket

He just pops out

Great thing about LEGO is that you can always build your own Warbird :thumbup: Getting Rocket is good enough for me!