just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Love the box design! Storm, Cyclops, and Wolverine in the corner? Awesome! :thumbup:

The set itself? Well, not completely sold on it. I'll have to wait 'til I see more pics later today.

Also, that page says this...

Interesting to see no Yondu or Collector, after all. But only limited space for figs, I assume, and neither of those may be huge characters. Would've liked to see Korath though-- still exciting stuff!

Is Groot a bit too big, or is it just me?

Edit: How many Guardians are their in the movie? (I don't know a lot about them)

Movie is focusing on what I guess you could call the "core 5," but their lineup (like most of Marvel's teams) is a little nebulous. (Because they're from space, get it? :grin: ) As for Groot, he varies. Sometimes great, sometimes small, but one truth always remains. He is Groot.

I am modestly versed in the GOTG lore being a big fan of the graphic novels like The War of Kings and the Thanos Imperative but I can't remember a character called the Searcher. Do you think the website could have meant the Collector? And I am really hoping that the Nova Officer ends up being Rhomann Dey who will be played by John C. Reilly.

That would be awesome!

I'm assuming the searchers are some kind of foot soldier type fig since they seem to come in multiple sets?

Also, I take back most of my skepticism on the X-men set. They managed to do a lot with the piece count; looks like the sentinel's face is more or less corrected (not way too high up), I actually think his build is pretty decent if a bit minimalistic. Cyclops, Storm and new Wolverine look great. It's back on my "must buy" list, I guess! Hopefully that big fat jet has enough room for all three X-men, at least.

I really hope we get at least some look at the other two GotG sets. I know we can see part of one, Groot actually looks great to me, but would like a bit more of a glimpse.

Edited by Hrafnblod

I like the xmen set. The jet is sleek and the dark blue colour works nicely. The sentinel I think looks much better than in the prelim one. I'm glad to see storm, Cyclops and a new wolverine who all with new designs look great. I like the mask wolverine has and the fact it also comes with hair and the face is different from the 2012 one with more stubble perhaps to channel DOFP an older wolverine than the one in the first set. The new magneto is pretty nice too especially as it includes the widow's peak in white and the new torso is quite cool as well. Plus it looks as if he has a new face with a serious expression rather than the smile of 2012's. All in all an excellent new set and one I'll look forward to adding to owning! If I read the press release right It said this set was out in June which would tie in nicely with DOFP.

Don't know if its been said but watch brickshow's video in the back you can see a gog set and where the minifig pics. are you see starlord with a hairpeice

That X-Men set looks great! I'm a little dissapointed by Storm's hair, but it's still a great figure! Luckily Magneto has that hair has a bitty incentive to get another Magneto. The Guardians sets continue to impress me, though I don't like Groot's size. Hopefully he'll get a less big version later on to look equal to the rest of the team. I'll need a better quality image before that set gets put on my must buy list like the Milano, but it all looks good so far!

Without meaning to go off track, I dispute that. He didn't turn up in GotG until the second volume - granted, for a good 20 issues or so - but hasn't appeared much after that either.

Uh what? You clearly haven't read the 2008 GOG (which the movie based on), if you think he isn't important. And there is an obvious reason he doesn't appear in any further issues.

None of the characters in the movie are original GOG members.

Uh what? You clearly haven't read the 2008 GOG (which the movie based on), if you think he isn't important. And there is an obvious reason he doesn't appear in any further issues.

Off topic, PM me for a response.

The X-Jet looks awesome. Sure its a bit on the small side but I think they captured the look really well. The characters all look fantastic - especially Storm. She's definitely my favourite of the lot. Cyclops looks great too although I would've preferred his 90s costume or the Astonishing one over his classic look. Shame the Sentinel is a bit on the short side but at least its face print is improved.

Really hope Wolverine's mask is going to be hard ABS like Batgirl's.

The "original" GoG is pretty clearly a thing of the past in Marvel's mind anyway, from what I can see. I don't mind it, personally, I like the 2008 lineup better. It would've been neat to see Adam Warlock but I think he'll turn up at some point if the MCU keeps pushing towards the whole Infinity Stone plotline, especially with his cocoon showing up in the mid-credit scene at the end of Thor 2. It's looking like the movie plot is going to be a loose adaptation of the comic series, though, if not an original creation.

The X-Jet looks awesome. Sure its a bit on the small side but I think they captured the look really well. The characters all look fantastic - especially Storm. She's definitely my favourite of the lot. Cyclops looks great too although I would've preferred his 90s costume or the Astonishing one over his classic look. Shame the Sentinel is a bit on the short side but at least its face print is improved.

Really hope Wolverine's mask is going to be hard ABS like Batgirl's.

I'm actually shocked at how well the X-jet turned out. The little glimpses we got from the prelims and the piece count didn't inspire confidence but they made a pretty awesome set after all, though I'm still bummed about the repeat figs. Not thrilled about the price either.

Don't know if its been said but watch brickshow's video in the back you can see a gog set and where the minifig pics. are you see starlord with a hairpeice

Is it the xmen video? Or a different video.

Is it the xmen video? Or a different video.

The X-men one on the last page (or one before, I forget). When they're showing close-ups you can see the Milano box art in the background, Star-Lord doesn't have a mask on.

I'm guessing looking at the X-jet that LEGO decided to use dark blue, as if it was black it would be very similar to the Batman sets. It's still an awesome set.

So which hairpiece will look best on Cyclops to avoid the head nipple? (It's great they are including hairpieces for Magneto and Wolverine, but Cyclops looks like the one that needs one the most).

So which hairpiece will look best on Cyclops to avoid the head nipple? (It's great they are including hairpieces for Magneto and Wolverine, but Cyclops looks like the one that needs one the most).

I'd use the same hairpiece he has in the video game. Reddish brown would be the most accurate although the darker brown is more common in sets.

frnd019.jpgiaj012.jpg

Thanks Wesker :) I had no idea that piece came in red/orange or that there was a guy mini-doll (not a big Friends fan). I'll definitely be looking into that.

The sentinel still looks really skinny to me, but that shouldn't be too hard to bulk up. The jet is actually really impressive. And seeing Storm's leg printing is great news!

Don't we already have that piece in pretty much every hair colour?

We have it in quite a few colors yes, but this I think is the first time it's in dark flesh.

Sorry, I'm sure this has already been said numerous times, but how much is the X-Men set going to be? Thanks :)

$50 US for just 336 pieces I think.

$50 US for just 336 pieces I think.

Yep, that's what FBTB is reporting. Ace also says that the jet can hold all of the minifigs, so that'd good, and there are some nice closeups of the minifigs from all angles over there. Storm really looks great! (Only anybody who wanted her tiara will grumble.)