just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Hey guys! Long time Lurker, first time poster!

Has it been confirmed anywhere that Milano is the name of the G.O.G. ship and not what is being rescued in the set..

In the comics the G.O.G. spaceship is simply called "Ship". And while it would make perfect sense for it to be given a diferent name, nothing comes up when you Google it...

I'm going to try to say this without sounding rude (forgive me if I do, I sometimes type things that don't exactly come out the way I wanted them too), but do you know much of the DC universe outside of Batman? He has layers, and isn't all what the cinematic universe shows him to be. The Killing Joke is the embodiment of that statement. And there's more to the DC universe than Batman. When you have StormWatch, the Demon Knights, the Justice League, Teen Titans, secret six, plenty of solo comics and more, then why use Batman as your prime example? There's a lot more to the DC universe than him.

And, plus, Batman can be chill. He can be laid back while still keeping his "Dark Knight" posture.

I really like the Batcopter. To me it's not ridiculous.

Flash? Green Arrow and Bats rivalry? Kid Flash's bafoonery? Young Justice's constant bickering with each other? Teen Titans jokey nature? Besides like I said, Marvel's jokiness, is just plain ridiculous.

That being said, the GOTG ship looks nice, though I'm not sure on the figs.

You'd think they were called comic books or something... :tongue:

Hey guys! Long time Lurker, first time poster!

Has it been confirmed anywhere that Milano is the name of the G.O.G. ship and not what is being rescued in the set..

To my knowledge that's just the ship's make I think.

Welcome to EuroBricks! :classic:

You'd think they were called comic books or something... :tongue:

Even comics have their limits. They aren't "funnies" (which I really do like), they're comic books. Or I guess, Graphic NOVELS.

Edited by korpen4444

To my knowledge that's just the ship's make I think.

Welcome to EuroBricks! :classic:

Even comics have their limits. They aren't "funnies" (which I really do like), they're comic books. Or I guess, Graphic NOVELS.

Those limits are arbitrary and objective though. Some of us are totally fine with the more lighthearted Marvel universe. I was just poking fun though, since the definition of "comic" is "causing or meant to cause laughter."

Those limits are arbitrary and objective though. Some of us are totally fine with the more lighthearted Marvel universe. I was just poking fun though, since the definition of "comic" is "causing or meant to cause laughter."

Now don't get me wrong, I like Marvel(Hulk, Cap, SM), but its humor isn't for me. It may make me laugh once in a while, but that's cause its flooded with jokes! I loved EMH because it kept a balance. I like DC cause it delivers the jokes at the right times, and knows when to keep serious.

But, now, back to Actual rumors, any other pics found? Maybe of the Blackbird? I really want Cyclops.

edit: didn't see the mods previous post.

Edited by korpen4444

Now don't get me wrong, I like Marvel(Hulk, Cap, SM), but its humor isn't for me. It may make me laugh once in a while, but that's cause its flooded with jokes! I loved EMH because it kept a balance. I like DC cause it delivers the jokes at the right times, and knows when to keep serious.

But, now, back to Actual rumors, any other pics found? Maybe of the Blackbird? I really want Cyclops.

edit: didn't see the mods previous post.

I can agree there, EMH was awesome. But yeah I can't believe they had (from the looks of things fairly finalized) GotG stuff and we didn't even get pictures of that or the blackbird. That Milano ship box doesn't look prelim to me. But let's take pictures of the only sets of the year that are already out, instead. :facepalm:

It is possible that the photographer wasn't supposed (or allowed) to take pictures of the GOTG sets, and it looks like all the upcoming Marvel sets were placed together (other than the Juniors set).

It is possible that the photographer wasn't supposed (or allowed) to take pictures of the GOTG sets, and it looks like all the upcoming Marvel sets were placed together (other than the Juniors set).

Whether or not the photographer could post the pic, or maybe cropped the photo so that the Marvel sets weren't seen, it's a shame that we couldn't see more of the Marvel sets. Nice teaser, though.

Ugh, no. A sense of humour is one of the main reasons why Marvel will always be way out in front and DC will be always be struggling to catch up. Marvel comics and movies know when to play it serious and when to have a bit of fun. DC, however, is stuck in the lame mentality that all their comics and movies have to be ultra-serious and dark and brooding and no one should ever, ever be happy. Dan DiDio has stated this in no uncertain terms.

Getting back to sets, who else is super excited about the New York Toy Fair this coming weekend? Perhaps Lego will at least allow pics of the X-Men set if not the GOTG.

I'm not saying take the humor out, I love marvel's sense of humor. I'd just liked an animated show that's more geared towards a slightly older audience but keeps the humor and reality that marvel's known for :grin: Sorry for the tv talk again. Back to the picture: It looks like star-lords hairpiece is just ron weasley's in brown. And I still say this set has four figures. Who is piloting (or is captured in) Ronan's ship? And I'm curious as to what Star-lord is exactly firing at Ronan. Maybe it's the infinity gem ronan's after?

Edited by Luna Lovegood

I saw The Joker Steamroller, and Spiderman Junior set on the shelves of a local Walmart tonight (No sign of any other of the new Marvel, or Penguin, but they did have some Star Wars Microfighters also).

So some of them are hitting shelves for those that can't wait a couple more weeks!

That's the infamous Star Lord? I'm whelmed :hmpf_bad:

The ship itself looks okay, and Ronan is awesome, but Star Lord looks "un right" to me. :sceptic:

I'm not saying take the humor out, I love marvel's sense of humor. I'd just liked an animated show that's more geared towards a slightly older audience but keeps the humor and reality that marvel's known for :grin: Sorry for the tv talk again. Back to the picture: It looks like star-lords hairpiece is just ron weasley's in brown. And I still say this set has four figures. Who is piloting (or is captured in) Ronan's ship? And I'm curious as to what Star-lord is exactly firing at Ronan. Maybe it's the infinity gem ronan's after?

After looking at a larger version of the pic, it appears the Star-Lord's helmet is a new mould, showing the hair, sides of the helmet and the breathing pipes. I think it's Drax, looks like a green bald head, and a green torso, with dark pants. Looks like a sci-fi gun and it looks like a glowing object that Ronan is holding.

That's the infamous Star Lord? I'm whelmed :hmpf_bad:

The ship itself looks okay, and Ronan is awesome, but Star Lord looks "un right" to me. :sceptic:

I wouldn't exactly call him infamous. Guardians of the galaxy aren't that well known even in the comic book world. I'm sure he'll look better in the other set he's in. There was supposedly one with hair and one with the helmet.

After looking at a larger version of the pic, it appears the Star-Lord's helmet is a new mould, showing the hair, sides of the helmet and the breathing pipes. I think it's Drax, looks like a green bald head, and a green torso, with dark pants. Looks like a sci-fi gun and it looks like a glowing object that Ronan is holding.

I actually think the mask is just printed on his face and then he just has a hairpiece. It's hard to tell though..

Edited by Luna Lovegood

I wouldn't exactly call him infamous. Guardians of the galaxy aren't that well known even in the comic book world. I'm sure he'll look better in the other set he's in. There was supposedly one with hair and one with the helmet.

I actually think the mask is just printed on his face and then he just has a hairpiece. It's hard to tell though..

Well it looks like the eyes are printed on but the hair, sides of the helmet and breathing pipes are one mould.

I think it's Anakin's.

Upon further inspection, I believe you're right. It's hard to tell from this distance. Hopefully better pictures come soon. I'd like to see star-lord's other variant.

Well it looks like the eyes are printed on but the hair, sides of the helmet and breathing pipes are one mould.

I can't even tell! Maybe you're right, who knows. I want a closeup but I don't want to be greedy. It's nice we even got this picture.

@korpen4444 - Are you talking about the humor from the movies or the graphic novels?

If that's Star-Lord shooting the ray or whatever at that enemy ship, then it looks like Star-Lord is wearing a helmet or a darker brown Elvis hairpiece that the CMF Evil Kneivel wears. The Elvis hairpiece seems very unlikely but if he has a helmet, that is also surprising because the promotional images clearly show Star-Lord without one.

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Photos-Promotional-Artwork-1-630x482.jpg

Edited by Moon_Knight

Well we might not get pics, they might now be allowed. They probably were not allowed at the German one, and our guy had to sneak a pic of the Marvel ones.

@korpen4444 - Are you talking about the humor from the movies or the graphic novels?

Movies and cartoons. I've never read a Marvel graphic novel. But I have read DC ones.

Star Lord looks cool in that picture. Hope that's how he is in Lego.

Edited by korpen4444

Hmmm... That set looks strange. It looks like it has more comic influence rather than what I'd expect from a film. Very bright colours, like the blues and yellows. Weird...

Also, Gamora seems to just have boring black Uruk/Dumbledore hair instead of something more interesting. But that's an easy fix. There are so many better female hairpieces to choose from.

The two figs I'm most excited for are Rocket Racoon and Nebula. An official minifig based on a character by Karen Gillan would be sooo flippin' epic!