just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I think he meant Howard the Duck......

-Omi

Oh sorry, I was thinking Howard Stark.

Who here thinks or want Thor 2 and Captain America 2 sets? It might be a new minifig for them both.

It would be as cap and thor's designs have changed like iron man's did in iron man 3 observe: http://clothesonfilm...icBookMovie.jpg http://www.movieeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/thor-the-dark-world-set-photo-4.jpg Edited by legofreak86

I would be very excited for a Winter Soldier figure. He is one of my favorite characters. But I am worried these movie sets are taking up the space that should be given to comic F4 and X-men sets.

Does anyone have any ideas how they would actually make the fantastic four into Lego, because it just interests me how they could actually get the human torch to show that he is the human torch, or how Mr.Fantastc stretches ?

Simple. They won't. Maybe they produce a flame on Torch by printing the costume in orange with flames and stuff,

To be honest, I'd prefer a flame off Torch. Flame on is only useful for fights but a flame off is a lot more multi-purpose.

Simple. They won't. Maybe they produce a flame on Torch by printing the costume in orange with flames and stuff,

To be honest, I'd prefer a flame off Torch. Flame on is only useful for fights but a flame off is a lot more multi-purpose.

True you could just add some fire pieces if you wanted to illustrate his powers or as Lego encourage, use imagination.

Human Torch: just orange/red with printed flames

Mr Fantastic: just a normal fig

Invisible woman: ?? Maybe the really pale blue color a la 'NRG Zane' minifig. Or maybe just normal

Thing: similar to the Hulk but textured and with no hair

Well we'll see. As of right now, you can only go by what is officialized.

-Omi

Whedon said he thinks Thanos is the Final Boss of the MCU. Would be a very short and compressed game if he is prominent in Avengers 2. I think he will get a number of appearances before the final boss fight, whenever that is going to be, but probably nothing major, let alone something that would warrant a fig of him before that "last" film.

Cyborg....

It's pretty new that he's been put in as a normal Justice Leaguer. It feels forced. I feel like they put him in there just to make them have a black guy :P.

I mean, he's an awesome character but historically has been young. He's better with the Titans and other groups where he actually has good and fun relations and a history with the heroes there. I mean his character is kind of boring in the Justice League. He doesn't have the same level of interactions with them. Plus he's half their age (well, this New 52 crap sucks so maybe they aged him up ;p).

Cyborg is not a core member of the Justice League to me. If they feel the need to diversify the admittedly basically all white (and black hair :P) crew just bring John Stewart back. He was made for it and fits nicely. Hawkgirl too. I think the toon did really well with the characters.

It doesn´t feel like it. It IS like this. The writer of the comic has no idea what to do with him, executives push him into everything from adaptions of 10 year old stories to LEGO Batman 2 regardless of how he fits into it.

I don´t think John Stewart is really the best way to do it since they want to keep Hal Jordan for whatever reason more but LEGO should at least put John in a set since most of their DC line is very much in line with the DCAU shows than anything else.

I would be very excited for a Winter Soldier figure. He is one of my favorite characters. But I am worried these movie sets are taking up the space that should be given to comic F4 and X-men sets.

You don´t worry about it. You know it.

Flame on is a very rudimentary design anyway. Just make an orange or red figure and stick some flame parts on it. You can do that with most parts collections.

Does anybody else think that maybe LEGO didn't unveil any Marvel sets because they might be making ASM 2 sets and that they wanted their figure to remain an exclusive for the Con? I feel like that could be a reason, along with the fact that maybe they didn't want to spoil some parts of the movie so far in advance.

Does anybody else think that maybe LEGO didn't unveil any Marvel sets because they might be making ASM 2 sets and that they wanted their figure to remain an exclusive for the Con? I feel like that could be a reason, along with the fact that maybe they didn't want to spoil some parts of the movie so far in advance.

Judging by what we know that could indeed be the reason. Perhaps the winter wave is made up of asm and usm Spiderman a comic set and thor the dark world. The may wave could be made up of captain America 2 and maybe gotg or if not that then if fox and Lego have a deal we could get days of future past sets in the summer. I wouldn't hold my breath though. To be quite honest how I see it going is: USM, Thor and a comic set Jan 2014 then captain America 2 and Amazing Spiderman 2 in the spring wave. then maybe gotg in the summer. Judging by what tt games representative said... Edited by legofreak86

My thoughts is that they didn't reveal any sets because they spoil the sets. They didn't do it any other time, and when they do reveal it they keep it under wraps (see German/British Toy Fair on spoiler-based movie sets). They didn't reveal figures because they didn't do it for other themes. I doubt the exclusive figure thing was big reason. I doubt we're getting ASM2 and a bigfig Green Goblin figure, if only DLC for the game. If anything, a D2C X-Men or D2C USM set. The rest will be movie based. Sorry guys.

This is all my speculation though, so take it as a grain of salt I guess..?

Whedon said he thinks Thanos is the Final Boss of the MCU. Would be a very short and compressed game if he is prominent in Avengers 2.

If that's the case, why an Avengers 3? :P

-Omi

Does anyone have any ideas how they would actually make the fantastic four into Lego, because it just interests me how they could actually get the human torch to show that he is the human torch, or how Mr.Fantastc stretches ?

Mr. fantasic: long woody legs, long woody arms.

Human torch: fire-hair piece

The thing: Something similar to Azog, Ewoks, Wookiies

Invisible woman: normal minifigure. INVISIBLE MEANS INVISIBLE PEOPLE, not translucent.

Mr. fantasic: long woody legs, long woody arms.

Human torch: fire-hair piece

The thing: Something similar to Azog, Ewoks, Wookiies

Invisible woman: normal minifigure. INVISIBLE MEANS INVISIBLE PEOPLE, not translucent.

The Thing will propably be a Hulk/Cave Troll style big fig like in the game.

Edited by Krulis

Here's your Torch

And here are your components for Mr. Fantastic.

-Omi

I was reading a article on IGN, that said the avengers wouldn't fight Thanos til Avengers 3

And here's your Invisible Woman:

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Oh, yes.....she looks hot ! :laugh:

Anyway, does anyone think that there would be room for both USM and ASM sets at the same time or same year since ComicCon gave away a ASM minifig as a raffle prize ?

I wonder when the next ASM film is be released ?

Is the Lego Super Heroes theme going off into multi-sub-themes for both DC and Marvel to cover film, TV and comic in way that Star Wars has with OT, PT, CW and Old Republic sub-themes ? :wink: