just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

The problem with the Fantastic Four is that Johnny, Sue, and Reed would all need both a normal version and a "powered up" version...

Make a whole wave out of it and sell more sets!

I find it extremely annoying that wolverine is being released in neither his classic blue/black/yellow nor his new blue/yellow suit and instead in his rarely used brown/black suit (is that his ultimate or origins costume I can't quite tell). You can't even really use his new minifig cowel with his old minfig suit because the old suit has a "hoodie" cowel printed on the back. Such a bummer. Also if these are based on the upcoming movie Days of Future Past (or are they based on the comic series of the same name?), then why are all the minifigs wearing what look like comic book suits (though a couple of them appear to not be mainstream costumes)?

I find it extremely annoying that wolverine is being released in neither his classic blue/black/yellow nor his new blue/yellow suit and instead in his rarely used brown/black suit (is that his ultimate or origins costume I can't quite tell). You can't even really use his new minifig cowel with his old minfig suit because the old suit has a "hoodie" cowel printed on the back. Such a bummer. Also if these are based on the upcoming movie Days of Future Past (or are they based on the comic series of the same name?), then why are all the minifigs wearing what look like comic book suits (though a couple of them appear to not be mainstream costumes)?

The thing is, they aren't really "based" on Days Of Future Past, they just use the same characters because both Lego and Marvel know that despite the fact that they don't have the rights to directly use the words Days of Future past or the logo, they can use similiar characters. Do you think we would have gotten a sentinel had DoFP not be coming out this year? Maybe further down the line, but it would probably just be an X-Jet.

That being said, are we even sure this is the X-Jet? I would like to question that since quite frankly I don't think it would fit any more than 2 figs. The X-Jet is just one of those sets that has to be $50 or more, as just the main build. Since it is a $50 price point, I'm happy, but half is going to go to the Sentinel (which looks to be worth $25 on its own) and that means the X-jet shouldn't be any bigger than our everyday city helicopter. Which would be a shame, so I hope I'm not crazy in hoping that this is just some made up vehicle and that we get the X-Jet further along the line when both Lego and Marvel are ready to make a proper X-Jet Although despite the size, I can already see myself buying this just for Storm.

The brown and yellow costume was used a lot in the past, during the 80's especially. I would say its quite an iconic wolverine costume to be honest. I've always preferred it.

Yes, the brown costume is the original version. It is the one he got when he joined Alpha Flight. The blue version of that costume came later.

In recent years his son, Daken, wore a slightly darker, sleeveless version of the suit as Wolverine of Norman Osborn's Avengers.

Why does it have to be the X-Jet? Couldn't it just as well be an X-Helicoptor with a small wing sticking out the side for no reason, I wouldn't put it past TLG to do something like that…

Why does it have to be the X-Jet? Couldn't it just as well be an X-Helicoptor with a small wing sticking out the side for no reason, I wouldn't put it past TLG to do something like that…

It might actually not be the worst thing if they did considering they'd be building the jet out of (optimistically) ~200 pieces.

What you're seeing is the bottom of one of the blanked-out boxes of the GOTG sets. Dr Leg O Brick posted an image of that page.

Despite the images, that still seems pretty likely as the biggest set of the three, given it's a very large important vehicle and that LEGO has a vehicle fetish.

If they introduce Fantastic Four they'll have to make Mr. Fantastic rubbery which means that they could make a Plasticman and Clayface

I imagine they'll do something more along the lines of including some bricks with Mr. Fantastic's face and torso logo printed on them. Same with Plastic Man. Clayface would probably be more of a brown monster than a shape-shifter, like the big rock monsters or a big fig, maybe with a hammer arm.

How do we know we aren't getting big pieces for the x-jet? I mean most lego planes are only around 300 some pieces. Although unlikely, maybe we'll be getting large pieces for the x-jet which might explain why the piece count is so low. I don't actually think this is the case, but I suppose we won't know until we get pictures.

The problem with the Fantastic Four is that Johnny, Sue, and Reed would all need both a normal version and a "powered up" version...

Johnny yes, Sue and Reed not so much. Sue's powers require a lot of transparent minifig parts that aren't likely to be made, and Reed could just have replacement parts and the like to give the effect of his powers.

Johnny yes, Sue and Reed not so much. Sue's powers require a lot of transparent minifig parts that aren't likely to be made, and Reed could just have replacement parts and the like to give the effect of his powers.

Well translucent blue has been around for a while, so I assume they could easily do Sue, and as for Reed, translucent red pieces could be very useful, and if they'd do it for Sue, I'm sure her brother would get the treatment as well. And as for their regular appearances, a promotional poly bag or an early order exclusive can pretty much cover either of them. With only 2 sets and 1 promotional a year for 2 years, they can cover the entire F4 plus variants, so I don't see the demand for a whole wave, though it'd be somewhat appreciated, we would still need a lot for Avengers 2.

I find it extremely annoying that wolverine is being released in neither his classic blue/black/yellow nor his new blue/yellow suit and instead in his rarely used brown/black suit (is that his ultimate or origins costume I can't quite tell). You can't even really use his new minifig cowel with his old minfig suit because the old suit has a "ehoodie" cowel printed on the back. Such a bummer. Also if these are based on the upcoming movie Days of Future Past (or are they based on the comic series of the same name?), then why are all the minifigs wearing what look like comic book suits (though a couple of them appear to not be mainstream costumes)?

Waaaaaaay back in 1980, Wolverine's brown/tan costume made its debut in Uncanny X-Men #139. When Nightcrawler asked Wolverine why he changed his duds, Wolvie's response was, "Why not?"

True story.

Of course, this was long before the ultimate loner in the Marvel Universe suddenly joined every superhero team in existence, maybe even being an honorary member of the JLA. As a result, Wolverine has even more costume variations than The Wasp.

As far as that LEGO stick figure they're trying to pass off as a Sentinel, I'm saddened that they put so little effort into it. Looks like something a builder outsourced to his 10 year old kid to whip up. If I recall, some MOC'er named Baron Sat designed a brick-built Sentinel and Galactus that are much more substantial than the LEGO design.

In regards to the X-Jet, they could (hopefully) pull off a pretty decent design with a small piece count provided they use long bricks, big plates, and leave out the greeble.

Edited by Colossus

Waaaaaaay back in 1980, Wolverine's brown/tan costume made its debut in Uncanny X-Men #139. When Nightcrawler asked Wolverine why he changed his duds, Wolvie's response was, "Why not?"

As far as that LEGO stick figure they're trying to pass off as a Sentinel, I'm saddened that they put so little effort into it. Looks like something a builder outsourced to his 10 year old kid to whip up.

lol, I should go read that one…

Agreed, I was really hoping for something like Lex's robot rather than a starving stick figure.

Do you mean this?

Yes.

Yes I do.

Granted, the brick built face looks kinda creepy, but the fact that it doesn't feature flick fire missiles is bonus #1.

Honestly, whoever thought of flick fires should have to face a firing squad of flick fires

If we get Sue Storm, we probably won't get her in trans. The more likely scenario is that we'll get her using her force field ability. Johnny Storm could get the same treatment as Electro, though.

As for Wolverine's brown suit, I was referring to character timeline, not comic appearance. In Wolverine's timeline he joined Alpha Flight (Alpha Flight Special, 1992) before his first battle with the Hulk and Wendigo (Incredible Hulk #180-182, 1974). They also did an episode about Wolverine's history in the 90's tv show that has him putting on the brown suit when he joins Alpha Flight. I can still remember the scene vividly.

As for Wolverine's brown suit, I was referring to character timeline, not comic appearance. In Wolverine's timeline he joined Alpha Flight (Alpha Flight Special, 1992) before his first battle with the Hulk and Wendigo (Incredible Hulk #180-182, 1974). They also did an episode about Wolverine's history in the 90's tv show that has him putting on the brown suit when he joins Alpha Flight. I can still remember the scene vividly.

...oh.

Considering how good some mechs are in other franchises like TMNT and Chima the Sentinel is pointlessly disappointing.

Personally, I'm fine with a smaller Sentinel if it means that we get a more substantial Blackbird. Would I love there to be two separate sets so that both could be done justice? Sure. Do I expect that happen? No.

The Sentinel looks dumb, but i really love the idea of getting F4 sets! If they did do F4 and they had Galactus it better be bigger then anorexic Sentinel! The only problem with F4 is they won't make a new force field piece for Sue. There would have to be different variants of Sue (Invisible and Normal) and Johnny (Flame on and Off)

Do we know anything else about the "Guardians of the Galaxy" sets expect that there will be 3 of them??Descriptions...anything??Or will Lego go super secretive about these sets since their supposed to contain "spoilers"?Funny thing "Iron Man 3" and "Man of Steel" sets weren't spoilery at all.

Do we know anything else about the "Guardians of the Galaxy" sets expect that there will be 3 of them??Descriptions...anything??Or will Lego go super secretive about these sets since their supposed to contain "spoilers"?Funny thing "Iron Man 3" and "Man of Steel" sets weren't spoilery at all.

Nothing as of yet, but the largest set will most definitely be their ship that was shown in the SDCC footage.

There is something off about the piece count of the X-Men set given what we've seen. The fact that both $50 Marvel sets (Hulk Lab Smash and Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout) have had piece-counts nearing 400 and contain big-figs makes me wonder why the piece count is so small if we're supposedly not even getting any large figures in the X-Men set.

Edited by Kaijumeister

There is something off about the piece count of the X-Men set given what we've seen. The fact that both $50 Marvel sets (Hulk Lab Smash and Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout) have had piece-counts nearing 400 and contain big-figs makes me wonder why the piece count is so small if we're supposedly not even getting any large figures in the X-Men set.

Maybe it will just be loaded with figures? They could include 5 X-Men and some baddies and the set would sell like hotcakes!

True story.

Didn't he base the costume off something he took from a Shi'ar Imperial Guardsman?