just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

How are people still upset over a Batman variant? It's the best option, the other option would be an exclusive figure and not a variant.

The best option is to not have an exclusive.

The best option is to not have an exclusive.

Well Lego is going to continue to make exclusives there is no doubt about it, but hopefully Lego will produce more of them so the general public can acquire them. At 1750 minifigures this year by next year it'll be 2500, so the price will be more reasonable on the aftermarket. $100 for a minfigure isn't that bad otherwise just wait for them to be replicated within the following months.

$100 for a minfigure isn't that bad

:look: Idk, it's still pretty (completely) bad.

Hopefully we'll get the instructions for that Batmobile at some point, whether from TLG themselves or through a fan who bought the set. Otherwise, I'll be trying to reverse engineer it myself.

I love the smily face of Zur Batman. I really hope we see that or something similar again in the future. Serious Batman needs a goofy friend.

Overall, I'm not overly fussed about any of the exclusives this year. I don't feel like I would have gone out of my way to purchase the sets they were in if they weren't exclusive.

:look: Idk, it's still pretty (completely) bad.

Compared to last years prices and the year before that it's not that bad, by 2015 Comic-con the figures should be produced to a point where they will cost about $50.

I agree, 100$ is still pretty bad, but at least better than 400-700$ (or even worse, an "exclusive" Azog for 1000$ :iamded_lol:). About 50$ would be right up my alley, but I don't think we can expect prices like that :sadnew: I bet the first few to hit ebay will cost a fortune nonetheless and once more exemplars hit the scene the prices will probably drop quite moderately.

I agree, 100$ is still pretty bad, but at least better than 400-700$ (or even worse, an "exclusive" Azog for 1000$ :iamded_lol:). About 50$ would be right up my alley, but I don't think we can expect prices like that :sadnew: I bet the first few to hit ebay will cost a fortune nonetheless and once more exemplars hit the scene the prices will probably drop quite moderately.

The NYTF figures are still a down payment on a used car to put into perspective, I think if Lego just produces more of them they'll be more reasonably price. Supply & demand as another user said earlier.

Did anyone notice that Batman has a beard. That's probably an exclusive head.

Edited by Ezekiel2517

Exactly! I am holding up hopes, though...

Edited by KCMatze

............ That Batman has a gritting teeth face with stubble...... and a baseball bat

DARN YOU LEGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad it doesn't come with his "cheap-a$$ radio"!

Edited by Colossus

I doubt they'll use that exact head in the future. Bats never smiles like that. This head was designed for the current cowl anyway, and it's likely that the new cowl will be the headgear next year, so it would need a reprint to have those expressions to work with the new cowl. I don't care too much for the stubble, either. Odd that the cape doesn't match the render, although I'm not upset about that!

And the display as a suit in the poster was deliberate so his face wouldn't be shown yet.

Edited by 8BrickMario

We'll definitely get this 5 o'clock shadow face in the Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice sets. Ben Affleck is playing an experienced, grim and gritty Batman. Zack Snyder told us his Batman would be very much like his favorite interpretation of the Caped Crusader which is the Batman of the Dark Knight Returns who also has stubble. Batfleck will have the stubble in the movie and we've seen minifigs like Star-Lord and Indiana Jones with the stubble too. It's really only a matter of time.

We'll most likely get the new cowl with the Ben Affleck Batman too. It could've been created specifically for the Batman v. Superman sets until the movie got postponed. I'm just waiting for my bearded Superman minifig ;)

Edited by Moon_Knight

Lego just posted this to their facebook page: 10429451_10152282581663403_1647590589475733966_n.jpg

Before I would have said not to look into this too much, but considering we got 2 things from the previous posters of these types, I would say we have an even stronger case for a green lantern and New 52 Wonder Woman figure in the 2015 wave.

Edited by TheStrategist

And it shows off the new Batcow (note the black chin area)! I'm sure we're getting that Bats, WW, and GL now! But isn't Batman's expression used on the Clone Troopers? It looks very similar.

Edited by 8BrickMario

It also has today's date circled on the calendar in the background.

Yeah, it's Batman Day! :laugh:

-Sci

Lego just posted this to their facebook page:

*snip*

Before I would said not to look into this too much, but considering we got 2 things from the previous posters of these types, I would say we have an even stronger case for a green lantern and New 52 Wonder Woman figure in the 2015 wave.

It can be official now. All the Batmen in the last poster we know have or going to have a physical appearance. So this definitely means Green Lantern, 52 Wonder Woman, and New Cowl Batman. :wub:

I realize people think a Batman variant is a great exclusive. But not if the only figures you care about are Batman related! I haven't read that story, but he looks amazing. I'll have to see how prices end up. That is really the only con exclusive I will pay attention to.

Has anyone noticed new cowl batman has a black head piece with the flesh chin and face printed onto it in every picture. I think this looks better as it makes the mask look fuller and no skin show under the mask as skin isn't supposed to show. By the placement of the cowl I think that this will have printed goggles to make the white eyes on this one and then maybe on the other side we could even get a normal bruce face showing through the black meaning we could have batmen with eyes?

Agreed! Looking forward to 2015 that little bit more now. Hopefully we will get a glimpse of the future over the weekend.