just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

That's a really cool fig! I won't get it, but it's cool nonetheless. Though I do wish the stubble were in another set. :grin:

Since there is more supply of minifigs this year I hope that face goes for cheap on Bricklink, I NEED that stubble face.

Ohhh damn, I so want that Batman-Minifig, it´s unreal. Since that poster with the different suits came out, I really really wished the Zur-en-aarh - Batman would become a Minifig... And now it looks like I won´t be able to have him, what makes me slightly pissed. Anyway, guess that´s life. At least there are no exklusive figures coming with the batmobile.

How are people still upset over a Batman variant? It's the best option, the other option would be an exclusive figure and not a variant.

How are people still upset over a Batman variant? It's the best option, the other option would be an exclusive figure and not a variant.

Exactly.

- Not an exclusive character.

- Not a minifigure that will ever appear in a set (and honestly, I'd rather have exclusive heroes like MM for S@H promos).

- Suit variant of a character we already have many suits for.

This is great for a SDCC exclusive. :wink:

Edited by just2good

I wouldn't have mind as much if the Zur En Arrh Batman had the standard head that we always get in sets, but including that stubble face really rubbed me the wrong way as we may never see that face in a set.

Who's to say that the stubble face won't be appearing in the new wave of 2015 sets to come?

I wouldn't have mind as much if the Zur En Arrh Batman had the standard head that we always get in sets, but including that stubble face really rubbed me the wrong way as we may never see that face in a set.

Exactly.

- Not an exclusive character.

- Not a minifigure that will ever appear in a set (and honestly, I'd rather have exclusive heroes like MM for S@H promos).

- Suit variant of a character we already have many suits for.

Having "Zur En Arrh Batman" on the front of a lego box would probably have never happened. I doubt kids can even pronounce that. He could've been a S@H exclusive like you said or even the exclusive that came with the game but all well. I'm not sure kids would've wanted a colorful batman anyway, but who knows?

When will we be seeing AoU sets?

Probably NYTF not anytime soon.

Maybe that's the next Batman face. For the next wave of sets. Think about it. They hardly have done exlusive printings of the face for variants of established characters before. Look at superman in the black suit he had the same face as mos wave superman. Maybe this is a preview of our next batman figure face as it appears to have been redone and I doubt they'd do that for the sake of one figure. In fact maybe the angry expression but not the stubble will be for the next batman range. That TLM set for next year has a batman. Why would they out him in a smaller set than the one people buy to get TLM batman which is the gunship if he wasn't different. I'm gonna guess that angry face and smiley face will be the next ones. It would make a change from stoic and cocky. The angry face would be good as in the videogame covers he always has that expression and it would be cool to see it on a figure. If it can happen with wolverine a complete brand new face then it can happen with bats.

Edited by legofreak86

While I don't think these are preview figs, I do have some ideas as to where they could go:

Rocket: Polybag, as mentioned, or see the Collector.

The Collector: Polybag, or gotg cartoon set. Possibly with ( :wub: ) Thanos, maybe to even out the villains-heroes ratio...

Unikitty: Polybag, or set, as the TLM not-exclusive set suggested.

Bard the bowman: Laketown 2.0.

Zur En Ahrr Batman: I'm a marvel guy with a smidgen of bats-related DC info. Can someone else suggest a set?

Sorry for the small amount of off topicness.

Before this purple Batman headgear, have we ever seen a SDCC exlusive minifigure that utilized an element (like headgear) in a new color?

If not, maybe we will see a Zur-En-Arrh Batman minifigure available outside of SDCC, one that utilizes a purple Batman cape. (Like Lego showed on their Facebook in the Bat-suit group shot.) Maybe the only things exclusive to this minifigure are the baseball bat (which we can get outside the Super Heroes theme already) and the Batman head with the stubble (which could still come with a future minifigure anyway).

Edited by phanstasm

I think the exclusive figs stay exclusive. Except for Rocket Raccoon. His ship will probably be a set next wave. It also makes sense why we had a lesser raccoon in the first set then. Add a few figs that we're still missing and its gonna be a highly wanted set i think. Lego loves vehicles so i can see this happen.

I also can see it happen that that sixties batcar becomes a set. Probably with slightly changed figs. And just like the rocket raccoon not a chibi version but one for minifigs.

Even though Zur-en-arrh batman is really a great addition for any batman collector, i think he will stay exclusive. Maybe we can have (with 'we' i mean the lucky ones) a batmite next year.

Furthermore my speculation about winter wave marvel sets? As there is not a movie coming out (i believe) rocket raccoons ship, ghostrider with the infearno head and a bike, usm spidey with a ugly noncomic villain and and even more useless build, a x-men set with two x-men versus a slightly different sentinel and an avengers set with classic hawkeye and black panther versus kang (haha that last one was really wishfull thinking)

Rocket Raccoon may just appear in a set along with the AoU wave I'm guessing. Seeing as none of these figures from the sets are exclusive, however I could be wrong and Lego could just do the opposite and keep Rocket Raccoon an exclusive. I personally believe the Rocket Raccoon variant will be more expensive compared to the collector.

I dislike exclusives regardless of which theme they come from. I also don't understand the limited number of SH sets compared to other themes such as SW.

I feel lego are sitting on a goldmine with this license, but they're not using it as much as they should.

I dislike exclusives regardless of which theme they come from. I also don't understand the limited number of SH sets compared to other themes such as SW.

I feel lego are sitting on a goldmine with this license, but they're not using it as much as they should.

I think they're using the license correctly. Correctly meaning that they're going to put me in debt. Edited by Kire

I always see the Superhero blindpack project on Lego Ideas of creating a blindpack of the figures similar to the CMF, but with obviously less than 16 and probably 8 or 12 per series between DC and Marvel. Think of the hysteria if that happened.

Oh man, I don't mean to get back to it again, BUT: HOLY COWBALLS!!!

That is a awesome variation we are again not capable of getting hands on. I really hope the headpiece / face is the new one for Batman to go.

I would still be piss*d, but if we do not even get that face, which is an awesome combination of happy and super-angry, I am more than disappointed...

Edited by KCMatze

Darn, that's a nice figure, if anything for just his face prints--it has so many uses! I hope this next wave of Batman sets has basically a new expression for each Bat figure. It's getting very redundant to only have neutral and kinda happy expressions with the faces we have now. I want some feral Batman expressions! Get mean!