just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

FBTB

No pic yet, though. I'm sure we'll get one REALLY soon.

-Sci

No pics, but they're more than credited, so I'd trust them. ;)

God dangat. At least it wasn't a very major character like green lantern. Just imagine what would happen then! Also, I just noticed that if you bought the Juniors batcave , you technically have 2 comic con exclusive minifigures!

Edited by Captain America fan 1

FA6hGK0.jpg?1

We've seen the design before. And all the SDCC stuff was revealed on these posters. We weren't paying enough attention. Without a doubt I can say that the other set we will see is with Space Batman and GL

Also, I just noticed that if you bought the Juniors batcave , you technically have 2 comic con exclusive minifigures!

Mmm, not really. Nobody said these are comic con exclusive minifigures. That's like saying if you bought the Lex Luthor mech, you have a comic con exclusive Superman. Truth is - you don't.

Oh well... After the initial rush I hope the larger run of figures make this remotely affordable... Or our eastern friends get to work.

Well as much as I wanted that Batman variant I'm glad it's the SDCC exclusive, and not another really cool villain like Bizarro.

Thank goodness it has no exclusive figures. Unfortunately it's the cutest thing ever and I still want one. Though I think it's more likely that the exclusive giveaway fig is Adam West Batman now.

You will probably be able to Bricklink the parts.

FA6hGK0.jpg?1

We've seen the design before. And all the SDCC stuff was revealed on these posters. We weren't paying enough attention. Without a doubt I can say that the other set we will see is with Space Batman and GL

I think we were paying attention to that photo b/c there's a ton of talk about Zur En Arrh in these pages. Whether or not we were guessing it was a dream figure, something in a set, or an exclusive is what it comes down to. I just hope the head isn't a standard Batman head.

I still won't be pleased until each figure is produced at 2500 units a piece to ensure that the aftermarket prices will be to at least under $100. I am glad however Lego is understanding the issue with the Aftermarket and having this Twitter raffle also. I'm guessing it'll work the same way with having giveaways each day the figures are suppose to be given out. But Sadly there is no way to verify if there is Twitter account bots that will be spamming the entries.

The DC exclusive is the Zur-En-Arrh Batman.

-Sci

Hey! I guessed right! And honestly it's an almost perfect choice. It's an extremely obscure variant character. Something like Adam West would have been far more painful. So the end result is that most of the 4 seem reasonably harmless this year. The only truly distinct standout one that would mess with the regular fans is the Collector. And there is something disturbingly meta about the collector being the rare collectable. The other three fall in the realm of "nice to have but not critical". I mean a Hobbit character in a different colored coat, Unikitty with a different facial expression and a Batman variant that is so obscure that only really recent readers would know or those few who might have read that one Silver Age issue but haven't succumbed to dementia yet. Yeah Zur En Arrh is not exactly in the pop culture uber mind.

This is a huge improvement over ones like Spider-Woman, Pheonix, Shazam, Green Lantern and Arrow, and Black suit Spider-Man.

Phew! That 66 Batmobile looks pretty inaccurate. I don't even have the slightest interest in buying it now!

My wallet is content.

Edited by montyofmusic

Hey! I guessed right! And honestly it's an almost perfect choice. It's an extremely obscure variant character. Something like Adam West would have been far more painful. So the end result is that most of the 4 seem reasonably harmless this year. The only truly distinct standout one that would mess with the regular fans is the Collector. And there is something disturbingly meta about the collector being the rare collectable. The other three fall in the realm of "nice to have but not critical". I mean a Hobbit character in a different colored coat, Unikitty with a different facial expression and a Batman variant that is so obscure that only really recent readers would know or those few who might have read that one Silver Age issue but haven't succumbed to dementia yet. Yeah Zur En Arrh is not exactly in the pop culture uber mind.

This is a huge improvement over ones like Spider-Woman, Pheonix, Shazam, Green Lantern and Arrow, and Black suit Spider-Man.

I still do not see the major hype of The Collector still. He's weak. The Collector will only get hyped about because of the GotG movie other than that he's a really obscure villain and nothing any major Marvel fan should worry about acquiring. I think Lego is understanding the flaws with the Exclusives now. Worst exclusive I'm still saying is the Rocket Raccoon variant since he's highly detailed but who knows maybe there is hope in seeing him in a set alongside the AoU wave of sets.

I don't really care about the other exclusives, the Zur-En-Arrh Batman is probably the best exclusive out of the bunch if you know his backstory from the comics.

Heck I'd be happy to get those posters but I haven't figured out how. I'm relieved about the exclusive. I light pick it up in the aftermarket later, but I don't feel it's essential.

Could The Batman of Zur-En-Arrh be the pre-order exclusive for LB3? It's probably a little out there for a regular set. The only other way I think we could get it would be...an SDCC exclusive, unless DC gets a S@H minifigure three years in a row. :P

Mad props to Super Fish for stating it might be an exclusive back in May!!!

Huge props for you finding that post through all those pages. :laugh:

It took forever to look through it!! Just kidding, just searched Zur En Arrh and found it. I knew someone had mentioned it previously. :)