just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

That DC picture has me drooling...the possibility of owning any or all of those minifigs is very exciting! Particularly Red Tornado!

The Tumbler is pretty ugly IMO - if you are desperate for a big black tank I say go for it, but otherwise it's an awfully expensive way to get a couple of nice minifigs. As an owner of Orthanc I'm not necessarilly against things made entirely of black bricks but there's just not that much aesthetically pleaseing about the Tumbler.

The artist that made the drawing said,“I have had no advanced knowledge of the minfig exclusives for Comic-con. The depictions of characters and choices of characters were entirely based on personal preference and aesthetics."

I think this confirms that we will get a Scarface. He keeps showing up.

I think the artist that made that image was the one who drew the original scarface lego comic. So it doesn't "keep showing up." It is just the artist using that same version again.

$200 USD = $230 CAD :cry_sad:.

Also here's an interior picture.

5-d18f64adc2.jpg

Just a quick question about these pictures. Are these actually HQ 3D renderings?

I'm still wondering why Lego hasn't released the DC exclusives yet....

Maybe the two TDK figures ARE the exclusives, as previews?

Hmm....

I would honestly prefer that over new new figures that would release as exclusives instead, but the UCS Tumbler I believe is going to be a presale at the Lego booth at SDCC (don't quote me on that). Hopefully the UCS Tumbler figures are the exclusives, it would be a huge shocker and twist for the Superheroes community.

I absolute love that Tumbler, and the minifigures are just amazing! I can't wait to see a more detailed review of it showing off the interior even more. :D

All I want is a Lego version of the hall of doom and it could be possibly done if Lego plays their cards right. Mini figs is the key thing, the hall can be done by anyone. Certainly want to get my hands on a Black Adam Lego fig though!

I think that poster is the equivalent of the Marvel variant covers, so while we might see some of those characters next year, it will just be a coincidence.

My theory on why the figures are really exclusive in the UCS Tumbler set is probably in case any serious collectors that only want to display the vehicle can possibly make back half of their earnings from buying this. So you would technically be buying a 1,889 piece set for $100, since you'll easily be able to sell TDK Batman and Joker for $80-$100 on Bricklink or eBay.

NEWS! Two new DC 2015 sets will be revealed at Comic-Con and a life size Batcycle will be shown.

Edited by Ezekiel2517

NEWS! Two new DC 2015 sets will be revealed at Comic-Con abs a life size Batcycle will be shown.

Source?

Sources for SDCC

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101856022#.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/lego-systems-unveils-products-experiences-132900634.html

LEGO Super Heroes: DC Comics™

This year marks the 75th anniversary of BATMAN™, and LEGO Systems celebrates the milestone with a new life-sized model of the Batcycle™ from the Batman Classic TV Series, complete with sidecar, made entirely out of LEGO bricks. Two LEGO Super Heroes: DC Comics sets launching in 2015 will be unveiled, including an 1,800 piece Tumbler, and one of the company's exclusive minifigure raffle items will feature an iconic DC Comics character. Throughout the show, a limited number of exclusive Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile™ LEGO sets will be on sale.

LEGO Super Heroes: MARVEL

The new feature film Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy hits theaters August 1st and to honor the event and its newest film-inspired building sets, LEGO Systems will display a custom-built life-sized LEGO version of Groot and Rocket Raccoon. An SDCC exclusive LEGO set, Rocket Raccoon's Warbird, will be sold and an exclusive minifigure of The Collector from Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy will be up for grabs to lucky fans as part of a raffle.

Sources for SDCC

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101856022#.

http://finance.yahoo...-132900634.html

LEGO Super Heroes: DC Comics™

This year marks the 75th anniversary of BATMAN™, and LEGO Systems celebrates the milestone with a new life-sized model of the Batcycle™ from the Batman Classic TV Series, complete with sidecar, made entirely out of LEGO bricks. Two LEGO Super Heroes: DC Comics sets launching in 2015 will be unveiled, including an 1,800 piece Tumbler, and one of the company's exclusive minifigure raffle items will feature an iconic DC Comics character. Throughout the show, a limited number of exclusive Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile™ LEGO sets will be on sale.

LEGO Super Heroes: MARVEL

The new feature film Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy hits theaters August 1st and to honor the event and its newest film-inspired building sets, LEGO Systems will display a custom-built life-sized LEGO version of Groot and Rocket Raccoon. An SDCC exclusive LEGO set, Rocket Raccoon's Warbird, will be sold and an exclusive minifigure of The Collector from Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy will be up for grabs to lucky fans as part of a raffle.

I like how Lego still hasn't and didn't announce the exclusive figure yet for DC. All they said was an, "iconic DC Comics character." I'm betting on Cyclone, Supergirl or Firestorm. Edited by Kire

This also confirms that there will be Marvel sets unveiled either. :cry_sad:

Sigh I hate Lego at SDCC, there is no point in making a new character an exclusive. This makes me want to stop collecting Lego Superheor sets.

I can agree with that. I don't love all of the exclusive figures. And I know I'll never have a complete collection. But the "gotta have them all" bug died a long time ago thanks to LEGO.

As much as I wish they would reveal a marvel set as SDCC, I'm guessing they can't because the entire next wave must be sets from Age of Ultron. If that's the case, I'm suspecting around 5 sets for the movie, since the first one had four and there was also an xmen set with the wave.