just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Don't get sucked in... Can't wait to see the designer video and see it on display in LEGO stores when it comes out.

That's an incredibly beautiful set!

And for $230, that's not bad at all, do you know how much you need to pay for that kind of detail in a UCS Star Wars set?

Ledger is my least favorite Joker. In my opinion, he didn't stay true to what the character is supposed to be at all. I much prefer Hamill and Nicholson, as I feel they embodied the character better.

In terms of the minifigure, both Batman and Ledger look great, as does the Tumbler. The Dark Knight movies just aren't my cup of tea.

Gotta keep in mid that there are different takes on The Joker, even in the comics. Ledger's is VERY accurate in the sense that he based his characterization on a few key things:

1. A conscious decision to avoid similarities with Jack Nicholson's version

2. The original 1940's 2-issue introduction of the character

3. Batman: The Killing Joke

and to a lesser extent,

4. Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth

According to interviews, he also took inspiration from A Clockwork Orange and Sid Vicious.

Where are you guys getting all those hd pictures from? Are there more? Like the box-art and such?

btw, aren't all UCS sticker free?

Definitely not. My UCS Red 5 X-wing and UCS B-Wing have several, even apart from the spec plaque.

Those figures are beautiful! An Accurate movie batman and LEDGER JOKER!!! The tumbler will also be my center of display!!! Definitely a set I'll buy day-of

Definitely a few years late to the party, but the model looks fantastic. Don't know if I'll have the spare funds to get it (it's a ways down my list of sets to buy), but it's gorgeous.

Now.....how about a large D2C Marvel set, Lego???

Heath has the distinction of being the only actor to win a posthumous Oscar I believe.

Definitely a few years late to the party, but the model looks fantastic. Don't know if I'll have the spare funds to get it (it's a ways down my list of sets to buy), but it's gorgeous.

Now.....how about a large D2C Marvel set, Lego???

I think i mentioned this before, but Marvel doesn't really have a UCS set possible. The only thing I can think of possibly getting the UCS treatment is a S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier set, but the size of the Helicarrier would have to compete with the UCS Millennium falcon since both models are extremely huge and that would be in the same price rage as the millennium falcon. ($500)

I'm not even a DC fan, but that Tumbler looks pretty sweet (as do the minifigs).

My one question is, why didn't the simply go for the "all black" look on the Tumbler? Those gold pieces don't really work IMO.

Edited by agoodfella

Oh my god, what if the batpod comes out of the vehicle like in the TDK movie!

I think that this wave of Superheroes is going to be more catered towards the adults rather than the kids. Since they know adults and serious collectors are the ones going to be after the Tumbler set, the 60s Batmobile, the Warbird set, the Collector figure since Lego knows only the AFOL's have this kind of money to spend.

This makes me very hopeful for a shift in tone of the sets, Although these are all of collectors items