just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Does anyone know where you can get the bootleg ASM2 Spidey from? Reason is that my son wants him but I haven't been able to find them all that cheap.

I suppose on the subject of bootlegs of comic con exclusives it make sense. If the LEGO versions aren't available some people will want the next best thing. Some brands even have decent quality for a bootleg.

I suppose you could say it is their fault that people go for the bootlegs (which is probably a fair accusation), but LEGO isn't actually making anyone do anything.

:thumbup: I don't really blame them for turning to bootlegs to own the characters, but at the same time, they are bootlegs. I don't really agree with the ethics of the whole thing, personally.

I don't think LEGO/TT used Christo's design, quite the contrary. Or am I misunderstanding?

Kinda, but the thing is the bootleggers stole Christo's design and are selling it for dirt cheap prices, but Christo took the design for the Flash which got stolen from him from the Lego batman 2 video game. I don't know if there is a creative license that allows that, but that's the situation.

Does anyone know where you can get the bootleg ASM2 Spidey from? Reason is that my son wants him but I haven't been able to find them all that cheap.

I suppose on the subject of bootlegs of comic con exclusives it make sense. If the LEGO versions aren't available some people will want the next best thing. Some brands even have decent quality for a bootleg.

eBay and or aliexpress.

Kinda, but the thing is the bootleggers stole Christo's design and are selling it for dirt cheap prices, but Christo took the design for the Flash which got stolen from him from the Lego batman 2 video game. I don't know if there is a creative license that allows that, but that's the situation.

eBay and or aliexpress.

While there are better forums to discuss this, I'd like to throw out my three cents on this (cus I'm worth the extra penny!) A major reason I dislike these bootleggers (aside from the fact that they're selling counterfeit products to begin with) is that they steal designs from customizers such as Christo and others, some of whom I know from the community and have met in person. I very much feel there's a difference in describing who is stealing from whom.

As the example was with Christo's Flash, I'll stick with that. I don't consider my Christo Flash (as I own one) a stolen design; even though it is based off of his video game appearance. Christo takes the image from the video game medium and makes it physical in the brick medium. He's making something tangible out of an intangible "image". The difference with the bootleggers is that they are just stealing the tangible objects directly. They take something you can already own, touch, and hold in your hand, and then making an inferior replica, passing it off as their own.

I don't feel it's right to suggest the bootleggers are on the same morality level as customizers simply because both use designs from TT Games. Customizers like Christo use TT Games designs. Bootleggers use Christo's designs of TT Games designs. They're different, and one is a lot more in the wrong.

Lego just doesn't get it. These exclusive do nothing to help the brand, it just alienates the majority of the customers that spend their hard earned money on Lego throughout the year. Most companies have went to offering their SDCC exclusives online after the show or in different packaging. If Lego would do this there wouldn't be page after page of us arguing and most of us wouldn't feel shafted.

This exactly.

While there are better forums to discuss this, I'd like to throw out my three cents on this (cus I'm worth the extra penny!) A major reason I dislike these bootleggers (aside from the fact that they're selling counterfeit products to begin with) is that they steal designs from customizers such as Christo and others, some of whom I know from the community and have met in person. I very much feel there's a difference in describing who is stealing from whom.

As the example was with Christo's Flash, I'll stick with that. I don't consider my Christo Flash (as I own one) a stolen design; even though it is based off of his video game appearance. Christo takes the image from the video game medium and makes it physical in the brick medium. He's making something tangible out of an intangible "image". The difference with the bootleggers is that they are just stealing the tangible objects directly. They take something you can already own, touch, and hold in your hand, and then making an inferior replica, passing it off as their own.

I don't feel it's right to suggest the bootleggers are on the same morality level as customizers simply because both use designs from TT Games. Customizers like Christo use TT Games designs. Bootleggers use Christo's designs of TT Games designs. They're different, and one is a lot more in the wrong.

However you want to justify it Christo is stealing someone else's work/design. I don't feel sorry for these customizers that are making a killing off of their customs. They charge way more for each figure then they should and some of them make a big run but only release one at a time on eBay to inflate the price.

However you want to justify it Christo is stealing someone else's work/design. I don't feel sorry for these customizers that are making a killing off of their customs. They charge way more for each figure then they should and some of them make a big run but only release one at a time on eBay to inflate the price.

I suppose I am justifying that; and in fact I am. As I said, customizers like Christo are not just copying, they are changing mediums. It's one thing to make a knock-off of a painting, it's another to transform a copy of a 2D painting into a 3D sculpture. But we also should not forget that Christo is not the only customizer who is being stolen from. Many other customizers who make their own non-game-identical designs have been stolen from.

And we cannot forget that cost is influenced by demand. Christo sells some of his figures on EBay, where buyers bid for them. All of his figures start their bid at $17 or less, no doubt for cost of materials and printing--it's the high demand that allows the bids to reach over $100 in some instances. And they know he does not sell multiples of the figure at the same time; they too choose to keep bidding the the prices get high instead of waiting for the next round.

If you don't feel sorry for the customizers, do you feel it's right what the bootleggers are doing? They don't just steal from customizers, but also Lego directly, attempting to make 1:1 replicas of official figures.

Discussion of bootlegs and customizers really belong in another thread, please.

Do you mind if I link the bootleg thread, incase anybody feels like discussing this matter.

So, anyone here think we will see a Spiderman set revealed at comic con?

And i think they will reveal the batmobile tomorrow and sadly i think it will come with an exclusive Batman variation minifigure.

So, anyone here think we will see a Spiderman set revealed at comic con?

And i think they will reveal the batmobile tomorrow and sadly i think it will come with an exclusive Batman variation minifigure.

Why do you think there will be a reveal tomorrow? There wasn't even one today, unfortunately

there's no news today or tomorrow due to it being the weekend, there's barely ever any on the weekends.

If we do get a Marvel set reveal,it'll be the second.Hopefully, a set with new Spidey, Tiger, civilian (Coulson, Harry or May) Lizard and Kraven.

For Spiderman, I'm hoping for some from the Web Warriors season. Maybe an Agent Venom or an Iron Spider. We might get a Doctor strange since he shows up often in the show, I think.

Do we think any chance of a Marvel: Agents of Shield set at SDCC? The second series is being commissioned. I would love Coulson in his flying red Corvette.

For Spiderman, I'm hoping for some from the Web Warriors season. Maybe an Agent Venom or an Iron Spider. We might get a Doctor strange since he shows up often in the show, I think.

The two Spider characters seem realistic, but I think LEGO will save Doc Strange for when his solo movie comes out.

Ah, I thought you were saying that LEGO stole from Christo. Sorry about that.

Do you mind if I link the bootleg thread, incase anybody feels like discussing this matter.

Don't mind at all. I'd have done it in my post but it's harder on the phone.

Sorry if I talk about the mcu, but I wanted to tell you guys that Marvel has announced release dates for upcoming films being revealed in sdcc, films for July 8 2016 and May 5 2017, July 28 2017, November 3 2017, July 6 2018, November 2 2018 and May 3 2019.

Possible inhumans film, black panther, avengers 3, doctor strange, etc. We will have to wait till comic con

^

Well one of those dates is already confirmed as having a film for it, as Doctor Strange has been given the 8th July 2016 spot.

As for SDCC, the Collector is an unsurprising (and extremely ironic) choice for an exclusive, though a variant may be released down the line if he continues to be important to the MCU. As for DC, I couldn't really care less what the exclusive ends up being, so long as it isn't Deathstroke.

GUYS am I the only person who thinks about a Peggy Carter SDCC exclusive? It would make very much sense to me since Agent Carter is going to start. I quess we won't get Agent Carter sets so that would be a chance for lego making this figure happen.

I've noticed something for Marvel: Variant hero in miniset, all new villain exclusive. Since the Batmobile is certain to include a Batman, we might have to expect an original villain for DC.

Valid point. But we all know they are capable of surprising us with ANYTHING they want ;)

I've noticed something for Marvel: Variant hero in miniset, all new villain exclusive. Since the Batmobile is certain to include a Batman, we might have to expect an original villain for DC.

Please don't be 66 Joker.

I'm going to guess either, Cyborg Superman or Captain Cold will be the exclusive.