just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

No. I think they meant it. But there are four exclusive minifigs given away in the raffle including one Marvel (Collector) and one DC (unknown), but there are exclusive sets being sold including the 1966 Batmobile and Rocket's Warbird.

The hope is that the exclusive sets being sold contain minifigs that will be included elsewhere later.

The LEGO Movie "exclusive" set says it will be released in January as a regular set.

It is kind of suspicious that Rocket uses wine red small legs which were only released in the roman Atlantis temple and should be out of production by now. And a Adam West Batmobile will surely use the new Bat cowl in dark blue and I wonder what figure they could release using the same mould, just re releasing the current blue Batman with a new cowl would be a bit unimaginative and I don´t expect to see many of the special costumes like Electro Batman although Space Batman is announced. Normally con exclusives only use pieces that are in current production and maybe with new prints and I would think special print runs are also more expensive and less likely for all-around printed pieces like Rockets head who needs a special run since his shoulders have another color than the available fig. I wouldn´t discount a new release immediately.

I don't understand. How are you certian that we're getting Manhunter and Hawkgirl and specifically not Cyborg? I thought I detected sarcasm, but the sets have already been finalized and set for release, just not revealed, so we have no idea what to expect in sets except Space Batman.

I already elaborated on it in my past posts, they are not hard to find since this is the only thread I am posting in.

Can't it be Batman or Robin in their suits in the game? Why do they have to be original characters? Why Lego?

Because your punishment must be more severe.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

ARRGHHH!

HURRY UP LEGO!

I NEED TO KNOW!

What are scalpers?

To my knowledge, scalpers are folk who get one of the exclusive minifigures but instead of keeping it as the crown jewel of their collection they sell it on eBay for a ridiculous price...which some insane people pay.

However I may be wrong as I myself don't know the "official" definition of a scalper.

What are scalpers?

A scalper is someone who has no interest in LEGO, and only gets the exclusive so they can sell it for hundreds of dollars.

^I agree with everyone else in the idea that someone who accumulates as many figures as possible just to make a quick buck isn't in it for the right reasons. However, there are a great many LEGO fan that doesn't care for minifigures, so if/when they acquire one they may turn around and sell it and then put that money back into other LEGO sets they may have wanted (I'm looking at the larger exclusives that don't have a ton of figures).

Yes, there are a lot of people out there that sell dozens of these figures and make a boatload. I agree they aren't helping the industry. But in reality, neither is LEGO by supplying these since most fans don't get them. You can never please everyone.

I love the exclusive minifigures, but I won't be paying that amount of money on any of them. It isn't worth it to me.

I do agree that preview figures are the best option.

Edited by TheLegoDr

I'm sure for all the people that really want the new exclusives (like myself), will find other ways to get them.

Look at all the "exclusives" I've got. And I haven't paid more than $300 for all of them.

post-96771-0-83028500-1405792221_thumb.jpg

I'm sure for all the people that really want the new exclusives (like myself), will find other ways to get them.

Look at all the "exclusives" I've got. And I haven't paid more than $300 for all of them.

Are they the real deal?

Are they the real deal?

I would say decool judging by Kaangs hairpeice and a few other factors, Could be wrong though?

peoples tolerance for the bootleg figures is annoying. *twitch*

But LEGO is making us get the bootlegs because we don't have the real ones! I have always been a LEGO purist but about a month ago I gave in and spent $6 for a Green Arrow, Phoenix, Shazam, and ASM Spider-man figure, and you know what? I don't feel the least bit guilty.

For normal figures i wholeheartedly agree, However when a shazam is £400 i can understand people buying them. Saying that i own neither any SDCC figures nor Decool figures. I merely observe.

I think that was because the entire lineup of sets was DC in January this past year, much like how it could be this coming year. With the 2012 Comic Con, we got all the minifigs for the 2013 lineup due to the fact that there were both Marvel and DC sets in that wave. They probably would've maybe wanted to reveal a set, but to get the equal exposure for Marvel and DC then they'd have to reveal both a Marvel and a DC set, which may have been too much along with the Hobbit and Star Wars sets they revealed at both of these last two conventions. It's just a theory, though.

I personally don't care whether or not it's a set or a minifig lineup revealed. As long as we know there's a Green Lantern fig, I'm good.

Just because Marvel releases in March they don´t put their sets on? Seems unfair. But Lego is weirdly preferring DC when it comes to special announcements and exclusive sets anyway. Announcement of the license only talked about Batman figures, Con exclusives in 2011 were all DC stuff, the two D2Cs that are known are DC, Polybags are mainly DC, S@H exclusive fig was DC two years in a row, the only SH thing at last years con was DC.

Whoa! Everybody needs to calm down. You either get the minifigs in comic-con or you hope that they're released later. I'm hoping that they show sets from Spiderman Web Warriors and the Batman game.

Wow, great. I either get it or I can hope I can get it, so useful. Much joy coming out of that. Won´t end badly at all.

Wait guys, I just realized something. Remember last SDCC? They only showed the Flash/Riddler set. No other sets, nor any minifigures; could we get a repeat of last year?

Last year had four sets. Lego Movie Motorcycle Chase, Hobbit Laketown, Star Wars AT-AP and the Riddler Race.

But yeah, I am rather pessimistic. A figure line-up would be the best since the actual builds will all look like crap with one or two exceptions per year.

When these are all Decool you are ripped off. I could buy them all for less than a fifty and have like 40 figs extra.

You only say that because you don´t know where to get them.

No. I think they meant it. But there are four exclusive minifigs given away in the raffle including one Marvel (Collector) and one DC (unknown), but there are exclusive sets being sold including the 1966 Batmobile and Rocket's Warbird.

The hope is that the exclusive sets being sold contain minifigs that will be included elsewhere later.

The LEGO Movie "exclusive" set says it will be released in January as a regular set.

Well, the way the Wall Street Journal words it is: At Comic-Con, Lego plans in all to reveal more than 20 exclusives, including other limited-edition sets and life-size models for film franchises such as “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” “Star Wars” and “The Lego Movie.”" That seems pretty clear cut that it is not 20 exclusive sets and minifigs, just 20 exclusive things at the Lego booth.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/07/17/check-out-the-huge-lego-model-of-groot-and-rocket-raccoon-for-sdcc-exclusive/

Well, the way the Wall Street Journal words it is: At Comic-Con, Lego plans in all to reveal more than 20 exclusives, including other limited-edition sets and life-size models for film franchises such as “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” “Star Wars” and “The Lego Movie.”" That seems pretty clear cut that it is not 20 exclusive sets and minifigs, just 20 exclusive things at the Lego booth.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/07/17/check-out-the-huge-lego-model-of-groot-and-rocket-raccoon-for-sdcc-exclusive/

Two we can assume would be slave 1 and tumbler

Just because Marvel releases in March they don´t put their sets on? Seems unfair. But Lego is weirdly preferring DC when it comes to special announcements and exclusive sets anyway. Announcement of the license only talked about Batman figures, Con exclusives in 2011 were all DC stuff, the two D2Cs that are known are DC, Polybags are mainly DC, S@H exclusive fig was DC two years in a row, the only SH thing at last years con was DC.

:look: Well when you put it like that Marvel seems like it has been cheated more than I originally thought

I'm guessing it may have something to do with the finalization of the sets. The first wave of Avengers sets came out in April and they unveiled the decaled figs at comic-con, probably just to show that they were doing Marvel sets. The quality on those were bad, so I'm guessing Lego wants the sets/figs they reveal in a near finalized design.

And yes, DC does seem to have more exposure than Marvel, but Marvel does have this extra Guardians/X-Men wave.

About half of them are customs. I bought them out of packaging and without cards to save money.

I'm optimistic that if I can't afford the official one, someone will make one just as good

i somewhat agree with this, I like that the chinese companies make decent replicas of very HTF exclusive figures that if I tried to get in this case I have Phoenix, Shazam, Green Lantern, NYTF Iron Man Captain America would run me about the price of a used car :laugh: since Lego is suppose to hate the aftermarket, but I'm really starting to not believe that. I am disappointed the companies steal direct designs of Lego and some customizers, but if you look at the auctions some of Christo's figures end for, let's say the Lego Batman video game version of Flash which was ending for about $100, I don't feel guilty at all that they stole his designs.

For the exclusive announcement? I could wait...forever, that would mean there are none :D

I want to know about upcoming sets waaaay more!

But LEGO is making us get the bootlegs because we don't have the real ones! I have always been a LEGO purist but about a month ago I gave in and spent $6 for a Green Arrow, Phoenix, Shazam, and ASM Spider-man figure, and you know what? I don't feel the least bit guilty.

I suppose you could say it is their fault that people go for the bootlegs (which is probably a fair accusation), but LEGO isn't actually making anyone do anything.

:thumbup: I don't really blame them for turning to bootlegs to own the characters, but at the same time, they are bootlegs. I don't really agree with the ethics of the whole thing, personally.

I don't feel guilty at all that they stole his designs.

I don't think LEGO/TT used Christo's design, quite the contrary. Or am I misunderstanding?

Edited by Super Fish Oil