just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Agreed. I also am not to keen on the exclusives. I mean when its an exclusive variant or a preview figure then it's less disheartening. When it is someone like Green Arrow, Spider-Man from the movies or even the collector as he is a part of the new movie. I can see perfectly why anyone would get a bit annoyed. An interesting point a friend who collects Doctor Who Action figures came up with is that some of the things given away or sold for that matter, exclusively at comic con are the cream of the crop as it were. They have so much effort put into printing or detail. It makes you wonder if they put all the effort into a figure like ASM2 Spidey and when now we have had the same spider man figure for 3 years in 8 sets. It makes you wonder why they don't put that much effort and detail into mainstream spidey sets. Especially when the Lego variant comic cover of Amazing Fantasy from last year showed an infinitely better Spidey with detailed torso and leg printing. Its not like it would not look like the one in the show because that is dark blue and red anyway and has leg design. I also think something like the 66 batmobile a cultural icon should not be sold exclusively at comic con especially if it was to include exclusive figure/s. I hold out hope that like the Lego movie set this is a preview set for later on.

Edited by legofreak86

Yondu wouldn't work since LEGO doesn't have a mohawk hair piece. Korath is more likely.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't there an indian CMF with a mohawk hairpiece?

And in what set, may I ask, would The Collector star in?

Minifigures aren't always included to literally adapt a scene. Look at the Mirkwood Elf Army set from The Hobbit. Was Thranduil ever fighting orcs on the front lines in "Desolation of Smaug?" No, but they pictured him doing that in the set anyway.

Also, just because GOTG is in theatres now doesn't mean the Collector couldn't be put in an upcoming GOTG set. Look at how Lego handled "The Dark Knight Rises" set with Batman, Bane, and Gordon. The film was released (in the United States) in July 2012. The Lego set based on the film wasn't released until December 2012/January 2013.

So, even though GOTG is going to be in theaters August 1 (in the US) it's entirely possible that the Collector could pop up in another $20-$30 GOTG set for December 2014/January 2015.

Based on everything I wrote above, the Collector minifigure and the new Rocket minifigure could be preview minifigures for an upcoming set. We really don't know yet.

Edited by phanstasm

Does anyone else find it weird that the exclusive minifigs and sets are now granted the luxury of high-res pictures that look like the official ones used for s@h? They haven't done that in previous years, have they? :wacko:

Thank God it's only The Collector. I was worried for a second. I'm very grateful one of the Marvel exclusives is a C-lister character like The Collector, a hoarder with a spaceship instead of a mobilehome, as opposed to some other character that has icon status.

I have been waiting to comment until there is an exclusive that actually makes me mad, but I want to say that this is how I feel, and I also agree with BFN a page or two ago. I might be angrier when we see the Batmobile or the other three minifigures, or one of the other extraneous 20 exclusives but right now? I'm fine. If I wanted Rocket Raccoon, I can get him. If I want him in his red outfit, I could just give him Star Lord's torso and red legs and I'd be content. I understand being angry over Phoenix, Green Arrow, etc., but I remember that last year plenty of people were resolving that if LEGO would just include variants and minor characters they could live with it. If I recall correctly, I think that Spider-Woman and the fancy Spider-Man, even though it is much better than the one that we have gotten, were swallowed mostly maturely. Most of the complaints were about Green Arrow, because people expected that he would come in a set and that not everything would have Batman front and center. I am surprised how many people are complaining about the Collector, but I guess it is just because he will be a minor character in a movie we haven't seen. Maybe I will get angry later, but so far I'm not feeling it this year....

It's not about the fact that people won't have the Collector in their collections. It's the fact that a lot of people are completionists, and LEGO is making it impossible to have a complete set of figures.

I think people are free to enjoy the hobby their own way, but I can't promise I will have much sympathy for them.

Does anyone else find it weird that the exclusive minifigs and sets are now granted the luxury of high-res pictures that look like the official ones used for s@h? They haven't done that in previous years, have they? :wacko:

They probably want to use it in promotion for their booth. Or maybe it will be available widely later, but people shouldn't get their hopes up.

Yondu barely has a Mohawk in the movie anyway.

Lego could go the cheap way instead of actually making a short mohawk hairpiece and just print a line on the top of the head that would represent the hairpiece.

Minifigures aren't always included to literally adapt a scene. Look at the Mirkwood Elf Army set from The Hobbit. Was Thranduil ever fighting orcs on the front lines in "Desolation of Smaug?" No, but they pictured him doing that in the set anyway.

Also, just because GOTG is in theatres now doesn't mean the Collector couldn't be put in an upcoming GOTG set. Look at how Lego handled "The Dark Knight Rises" set with Batman, Bane, and Gordon. The film was released (in the United States) in July 2012. The Lego set based on the film wasn't released until December 2012/January 2013.

So, even though GOTG is going to be in theaters August 1 (in the US) it's entirely possible that the Collector could pop up in another $20-$30 GOTG set for December 2014/January 2015.

Based on everything I wrote above, the Collector minifigure and the new Rocket minifigure could be preview minifigures for an upcoming set. We really don't know yet.

Why would Lego do that seeing as they never released Bane, Commissioner Gordon, or the Batman in that set as exclusive preview figures from the previous SDCC.

I would be pretty sad if Doctor Fate was one of the figures.

The prices for the figures are outrageous the 2012 ones were only like $200, but the next year they were anywhere from $400 to $1000.

I'm just happy Plasticman is a preorder exclusive and not a SDCC exclusive! :laugh:

Good thing you weren't leading the American Revolution or the Civil Rights movement -- or any just cause for that matter.

This statement does not even contribute anything to this Lego forum other than to demean me. Very patronizing and thank you for sharing.

This statement does not even contribute anything to this Lego forum other than to demean me. Very patronizing and thank you for sharing.

I apologize if you were offended.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't there an indian CMF with a mohawk hairpiece?

They would do what they did with the Yugi Star Wars minifig for Yondu's mohawk. Just print it.

Edited by Moon_Knight

I apologize if you were offended.

All is forgiven!

Let's hope for a chibi version of the classic batmobile so NONE of us would have to break the bank for one...

While I doubt that we will ever see the four exclusive minifigures given away again, I think the exclusive sets that are sold will be a smaller version (or Chibi as namioik said) of regular sets. This would mean that while the configuration of bricks are exclusive but the minifgures will be seen in a better set.

We're just making excuses now for why these should be previews because we want them to be. The only legitimate reason for a preview would be new moulds, unfortunately. We're being hopeful, not realistic, and idealizing the likelihood of their being previews will only hurt us more if they turn out not to be.

Just watched some of this odd new show that recently started over here in the UK "Hulk and the agents of smash?" anyways there was an episode where movie design malekith was in it. Just a thought but if Lego were to make any sets of it, it could open the door to a possible malekith Thor TDW style version.

We're just making excuses now for why these should be previews because we want them to be. The only legitimate reason for a preview would be new moulds, unfortunately. We're being hopeful, not realistic, and idealizing the likelihood of their being previews will only hurt us more if they turn out not to be.

Most of us are. Some people are saying that the Collector is a better exclusive and he may be released in a later set (I highly doubt it will since Bizarro, Shazam, Spiderwoman and Phoenix were never released). The variant of Rocket Raccoon I'm still believing will be released in a later set, but if it's not I won't be phased by it since it's just a variant and not something worth selling a kidney for.

Most of us are. Some people are saying that the Collector is a better exclusive and he may be released in a later set (I highly doubt it will since Bizarro, Shazam, Spiderwoman and Phoenix were never released). The variant of Rocket Raccoon I'm still believing will be released in a later set, but if it's not I won't be phased by it since it's just a variant and not something worth selling a kidney for.

At least we'll see a movie version of Shazam someday.

All is forgiven!

Let's hope for a chibi version of the classic batmobile so NONE of us would have to break the bank for one...

Agreed!

I was thinking that since GotG was coming out the exclusives might be from it. The four would be The Collector, Yondu, Nova Prime, and Korath.

Edited by Ezekiel2517

I was thinking that since GotG was coming out the exclusives might be from it. The four would be The Collector, Yondu, Nova Prime and. maybe a minifig Groot.

The SDCC minifig exclusives don't work that way. Lego does 4 Superhero minifig exclusives. 2 from Marvel and 2 from DC. I believe that minifig Groot is a possibility though.

Just watched some of this odd new show that recently started over here in the UK "Hulk and the agents of smash?" anyways there was an episode where movie design malekith was in it. Just a thought but if Lego were to make any sets of it, it could open the door to a possible malekith Thor TDW style version.

I noticed something similar when movie design Zod and Faora were featured in Superman and Wonder Woman #7. Perhaps we could get Malekith after all...

Does anyone else find it weird that the exclusive minifigs and sets are now granted the luxury of high-res pictures that look like the official ones used for s@h? They haven't done that in previous years, have they?

Last years figs got a nice, little photo shoot behind some special backdrops. I think it comes with the territory of Lego expanding and attracting more people that would otherwise didn´t give a crap, or who of you actually visits yahoo.com for Lego Comic-Con news?

I am already looking forward to the January wave of Marvel. The Captain America 2, Thor 2, GOTG, Avengers 2, Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man Web Warriors sets will surely turn out great and give us the roughly 5 missing main characters of the films. Sure is weird though that the GOTG sets get such a limited release, only lasting in stores until the end of the year.

Seeing as the Warbird, Star Wars Ghost, and the Batmobile are all in the same $40 category and the Warbird and Ghost are both 'chibi' versions I highly doubt the Batmobile is the full sized one (which is good for people who are still hoping for one someday). The sad part is that there will more likely than not be an exclusive fig in the set.

Edited by Spider-Man

I don't want to stir up excitement or anger, but the Collector is going to be in multiple Marvel movies during phase 3 and might not even have a large part in GOTG. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this variant of the Collector was an exclusive, but then to coincide with, say, Avengers 3, we get a new variant in a set. Similar to Azog last year. Rocket is probably forever damned as an exclusive, but I seriously believe that the Collector will appear again in a set once he is featured more prominently in the movies.

People keep saying that new pieces aren't used on exclusive figures, but I have never seen Collector's cape in a set. Unless I'm mistaken, that is a new piece. There is a chance that Collector will pop up sooner or later.

Does anybody else find the irony of collectors trying to collect to Collector?

Edited by Rinzler